United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pardon?

Find a recent Anti-Mourinho post please.

I've been defending him mainly.

Tbf, I think the question of simplicity should be asked of the one dismissing the 40 goals in 11 games in comparison to clinging to 4 goals against a Leicester side who had conceded 8 in their previous 2 games as an example of United's firepower...
Quote:
City have also signed 2 others that join in Jan, Moreno and Jesus..? Another 2 pacey, tricky wide men.

Not even close in terms of quality and planning for the future tbh.

Unread 29-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm as pro mourinho as they come, this has nothing to do with him.

It's simply a case of City spending loads of money on very good fast attacking players for the last few years and United under Van Gaal filling the squad with £200m worth of shit.
mourinho uses attacking full-backs and we have two of the best (and quickest) in the PL this season

we have mikhitaryan who, if he settles, is as good as anything city have got.

we have rashford who's ahead of any of their youngsters and imo would walk into any side right now.

anthony martial is one of the best prospects in europe (if he ever manages to sort his feet out)

zlatan is without question one of the top strikers in the game and has won something like 12 league titles in his last 13 seasons at some of the best clubs in europe to prove it.

we have herrera and mata currently buzzing.

we have lingard who has proved he's capable of flashes of brilliance - look at his wembley goals.

and we also have the veteran 30 yr old rooney, who though erratic is still a big asset to the team if used correctly imo...

oh and that pogba fella, who mourinho looks like giving a freer role now and so who is set to light up the team.

Unread 29-09-2016, 02:00 PM
dunk

What?

That's a pop at the club tbh, not sure Mourinho can be blamed for us not spending enough money on up and coming attacking players in the last 5 years.

Unread 29-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Alan

Quote:
What?

That's a pop at the club tbh, not sure Mourinho can be blamed for us not spending enough money on up and coming attacking players in the last 5 years.
United spent plenty of money under your man van gaal on young attackers. They got a hit with Martial and a miss with Depay.

The two you are creaming yourself over haven't kicked a ball in England yet and you're already using them as a dig against United.

Unread 29-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

That is an extremely £#%&!ing bold claim.

Unread 29-09-2016, 03:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
United spent plenty of money under your man van gaal on young attackers. They got a hit with Martial and a miss with Depay.

The two you are creaming yourself over haven't kicked a ball in England yet and you're already using them as a dig against United.
Wow you're precious

2 signings in the 3 years prior to Mourinho on young attacking talent. Hardly enough is it? I'd say there's a fair chance 1 or 2 of City's array of attacking talent won't last long term, but they're giving themselves a chance and not leaving themselves short.

I gave United the same shit for this under LvG Tbf.

Unread 29-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That is an extremely £#%&!ing bold claim.
point taken

Unread 29-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
mourinho uses attacking full-backs and we have two of the best (and quickest) in the PL this season

we have rashford who's ahead of any of their youngsters and imo would walk into any side right now.

anthony martial is one of the best prospects in europe (if he ever manages to sort his feet out)

zlatan is without question one of the top strikers in the game and has won something like 12 league titles in his last 13 seasons at some of the best clubs in europe to prove it.

we have herrera and mata currently buzzing.

we have lingard who has proved he's capable of flashes of brilliance - look at his wembley goals.

and we also have the veteran 30 yr old rooney, who though erratic is still a big asset to the team if used correctly imo...

oh and that pogba fella, who mourinho looks like giving a freer role now and so who is set to light up the team.
I see a lot of "ifs" a lot of "prospects" there as well. Rooney and Zlatan both past their best as well.... If United sort themselves out and we can find some way of accommodating the Bundesliga's most potent attacking midfielder from Last season Then we can maybe match City going foward.

At the moment I'd say we'd be better off concentrating on getting our defence right because that's been the huge weak point this season.

Unread 29-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I see a lot of "ifs" a lot of "prospects" there as well. Rooney and Zlatan both past their best as well.... If United sort themselves out and we can find some way of accommodating the Bundesliga's most potent attacking midfielder from Last season Then we can maybe match City going foward.

At the moment I'd say we'd be better off concentrating on getting our defence right because that's been the huge weak point this season.
from what i've seen their defence looks more vulnerable than ours if they're got at.

their goals record isn't that impressive if you break it down in the league - a few pens, an og winner, and a few late goals to flatter the scoreline.

could argue that we're only a bravo red card away from being level on points with them.

Unread 29-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
city don't have better attackers than us overall imo.
You still think so?

Unread 29-09-2016, 10:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You still think so?
I don't think tonight means much there, tbh.

Unread 29-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Alan

Quote:
Wow you're precious

2 signings in the 3 years prior to Mourinho on young attacking talent. Hardly enough is it? I'd say there's a fair chance 1 or 2 of City's array of attacking talent won't last long term, but they're giving themselves a chance and not leaving themselves short.

I gave United the same shit for this under LvG Tbf.
Yeah I mean imagine defending United on a United forum.

It's obviously not enough for you, clearly, but then nothing ever is.

Personally I'm not overly bothered about the age of players as long as they're good enough. I'm still not sure exactly which city players you're referring to btw , but if you mean De Bruyne and Sterling, they were both already established players and cost about £50m each. Hardly 'up and coming'.

Quote:
You still think so?
City don't play Bogbrush and Rooney or anyone close to their levels of ineptitude. You should judge United on the weekend's game assuming the two aforementioned don't play, not on tonight.
Closed Thread