United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:53 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
resale value. that's what dictates our transfer policy now.
really?

think we'd get much for young?

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
really?

think we'd get much for young?
it's undisputed, fergie has said so.

anyway, young has got more resale value than somebody like berbatov or owen.

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
There was and it was Jordan Henderson
Andrea Pirlo was available for free. He's only 31 and one of the main reasons Juventus will win Serie A this season. Value

There were plenty of others too, but we either don't have the money, or they don't have the right agents. Instead, we spend the summer listening to Fergie go on about how there was no one available who was an improvement on Anderson or T-Clev.

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We'd have had Sneidjer on the bench at least. Oh how I wish we'd got an arab prince desperately trying to move his billions out of his tinpot country rather than some yanks bleeding United out.
I'll see if I can persuade him with a day on the boat.

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Andrea Pirlo was available for free. He's only 31 and one of the main reasons Juventus will win Serie A this season. Value
tbf, i seem to remember him saying that he wanted to stay in italy rather than move abroad.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
£#%&! of Alex
was being sarcastic ffs

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

There were plenty of others too, but we either don't have the money, or they don't have the right agents. Instead, we spend the summer listening to Fergie go on about how there was no one available who was an improvement on Anderson or T-Clev.
Who have both played less than Scholes. :shakehead:

Even Fletcher has started the same amount of games T-Clev has this season.

Harri Jaffa

All big teams spend big in order to continue to compete.

Because all teams do it nesecitates the requirement for the other teams to do soand it needs to be maintained every year.

The most obvious glaring examples are right in front of our face:

Arsenal have decided on a policy of less investment over a number of years and have got progressivly worse.

Chelsea spent a lot of money to bring them up to scratch, then stopped for a little while and they became less competitive, then spent again and have become more competitive.

citeh have spent consistently and while their improvements haven't always been consistent they have improved.

It isn't £#%&!ing rocket science.

The simple fact is that compared to the teams that we want to compete with we have been spending consistently less over the last few years. We've been lucky because prior to that we have been spending the money and because we've got one of the greatest managers ever, but it can't last and anyone that tries to convince you otherwise is deluded.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM
armchair

I think we'd probably have Carlos in as assistant too. The shape v city was a carlos thing, unfortunately we no longer have the players (or coaching) to play that way.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
tbf, i seem to remember him saying that he wanted to stay in italy rather than move abroad.
I've no idea tbh, he was apparently willing to move to Chelsea as Ancelotti was very keen? Regardless, Fergie's the one who sat there in pre-season telling us no one was available. Pirlo's the first one I could think of and I'm sure there were plenty of others. If the managers brother wasn't stealing a living at United as the chief European scout, we might even be aware of some of them.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
I've no idea tbh, he was apparently willing to move to Chelsea as Ancelotti was very keen? Regardless, Fergie's the one who sat there in pre-season telling us no one was available. Pirlo's the first one I could think of and I'm sure there were plenty of others. If the managers brother wasn't stealing a living at United as the chief European scout, we might even be aware of some of them.
Vidal :shakehead:

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
armchair

Modric, Nasri

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:11 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Sahin

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Modric, Nasri
United have a great habit of going after players they have no chance (or intention?) of getting. Very convenient. Maybe Gill & co will spend this summer trying to convince Messi to take a drastic pay cut and join?

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Ginners

theres plenty of options out there, not all of them are going to csot 30m+ either

fergie needs to open his eyes, maybe this season will make him do that.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
United have a great habit of going after players they have no chance (or intention?) of getting. Very convenient. Maybe Gill & co will spend this summer trying to convince Messi to take a drastic pay cut and join?
We could've got Nasri. Fergie thought we were going to sign him. I doubt he believed Modric/Sneijder was ever going to happen but Nasri wasn't way out of our league. Turns out we had 15m and not a penny more so we were easily gazumped.

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
All it needed was a boycott of one game while the gimps were trying to take over and the whole sorry business would never have happened.
Yep, a one-match boycott would have had a tremendous impact, but sadly most people just didn't give a flying £#%&! one way or the other.

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
anybody who still goes to OT has no right to slag off the glazers. you should have left in 2005. it's your fault they are still here.
says you who never went

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
says you who never went
did a game share with sparky didn't he

Unread 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
says you who never went