United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
BarryX

Default Re: Berbatov Goal Against Blackburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Fine goal. The toughest of his three chances. I actually didn't think he was at his best at the weekend. Lots of misplaced passes and two very bad misses, but the critics on here say he should score more goals so I guess that's the way forward for him
true comments that I'd agree with, although still just edged MOM for me (and most other newspapers I read due to his goal). The two misses, one fine save, one disallowed goal and that superb finish mean he could have easilly bagged four for himself. He's never been the out and out goalscorer that some on here think he should be (to justify the price tag) but then that's not what Fergie wanted when he bought him....still if he continues this run of form, and keeps scoring such exquisite goals, then any genuine Red/Fred will be a happy bunny...

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
wiganste

Whatever Berbatov does in a United shirt will never be good enough for some United fans.

It all boils down to his £30m price tag.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
true comments that I'd agree with, although still just edged MOM for me (and most other newspapers I read due to his goal). The two misses, one fine save, one disallowed goal and that superb finish mean he could have easilly bagged four for himself. He's never been the out and out goalscorer that some on here think he should be (to justify the price tag) but then that's not what Fergie wanted when he bought him....still if he continues this run of form, and keeps scoring such exquisite goals, then any genuine Red/Fred will be a happy bunny...
Agree with that. The criticism he gets is mainly due to what people think he should be. That's hardly his fault. Would like to see him improving his heading, mind.

Bedders, He played well, just not as well as he had been doing. One or two more misplaced passes than usual, but he's now at the point where he's a major influence on pretty much all our attacks.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Baron

I love the guy, but the goal scoring will always be an issue for some, and he has a small but definite fault in as much as he does seem to hit the keeper more than he does the corners when it comes to the simpler chances. The header in the first half would have gone in had it been in either side / corner, and his scissors kicks against Bolton whilst executed superbly, were both straight at the 'keeper as well, I think the instinctive nature of that volley was great for his confidence as well. He celebrated like a man saying "I can play this game spinning on my #@&%!" & long may it continue. He only really needs 5 'simpler' chances a season to go in & he'll be hitting that 20 goal mark that is a necessity in Ronaldo's abscence this term.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I love the guy, but the goal scoring will always be an issue for some, and he has a small but definite fault in as much as he does seem to hit the keeper more than he does the corners when it comes to the simpler chances. The header in the first half would have gone in had it been in either side / corner, and his scissors kicks against Bolton whilst executed superbly, were both straight at the 'keeper as well, I think the instinctive nature of that volley was great for his confidence as well. He celebrated like a man saying "I can play this game spinning on my #@&%!" & long may it continue. He only really needs 5 'simpler' chances a season to go in & he'll be hitting that 20 goal mark that is a necessity in Ronaldo's abscence this term.
He seems to hit things too well sometimes. The header in the first half was a good example. Valencia's cross had plenty of pace, all he had to do was guide it into the corner. Instead, you can see the neck muscles going and he really puts a lot into the header. Simply no need to.

I'm sure he won't keep missing them though.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If he hit it too well he would have scored wally.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He seems to hit things too well sometimes. The header in the first half was a good example. Valencia's cross had plenty of pace, all he had to do was guide it into the corner. Instead, you can see the neck muscles going and he really puts a lot into the header. Simply no need to.

I'm sure he won't keep missing them though.
Good to see him getting in so many good positions.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If he hit it too well he would have scored wally.
You know what I mean. I was using that expression that makes no sense.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Good to see him getting in so many good positions.
Aye. He wasn't the only one to miss badly either.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think he's been carrying Rooney lately but didn't want to say anything.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Aye. He wasn't the only one to miss badly either.
Nope, it was like we were having a £#%&!ing competition.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nope, it was like we were having a £#%&!ing competition.
On the plus side, Obertan won.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think he's been carrying Rooney lately but didn't want to say anything.
By lately, I take it you mean since his injury?

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
The Return of JC

[quote=Fuzzy Dunlop;1752387]I think he's been carrying Rooney lately but didn't want to say anything.[/QUOTE]

Til he had the baby?....

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

That's just an excuse. No way would SAF be playing him against Blackburn at home for 90 minutes if he wasn't fit.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That's just an excuse. No way would SAF be playing him against Blackburn at home for 90 minutes if he wasn't fit.
Not saying he isn't fit, he just takes a while to get his full form back after an injury and tbh, he may not have been at his best Satdee but he still scored from his only chance. He'll kick on from there. That said, i thought it was the wrong decision at Anfield to replace Berbie rather than Rooney.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Whatever Berbatov does in a United shirt will never be good enough for some United fans.

It all boils down to his £30m price tag.
Not really, it all boils down to his inconsistency, if he wasn't so lazy he would actually be there for the wingers to aim at, instead he just abuses them.

He is a @#%&! imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
if that had been drogba or torres it more would have been made of it and would have been lauded by the media
Jesus, you're sounding like a Scouse mong...

Those players get hyped up because they always deliver. Berbatov has no business even being mentioned in the same breath as them until he puts up their numbers and performances.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Not really, it all boils down to his inconsistency, if he wasn't so lazy he would actually be there for the wingers to aim at, instead he just abuses them.

He is a @#%&! imo.

Jesus, you're sounding like a Scouse mong...

Those players get hyped up because they always deliver. Berbatov has no business even being mentioned in the same breath as them until he puts up their numbers and performances.
Funny, all of your criticism of him that I can remember related solely to his goals return. Now that the goals are starting to come for him, the emphasis is shifted onto him simply being a @#%&!.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Switching Off

Quality goal, worth of Best, Cantona, Sparky and Ronaldo. If he can start scoring a tap in every other game as well as these world class ones, he'll go down as a legend.

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Funny, all of your criticism of him that I can remember related solely to his goals return. Now that the goals are starting to come for him, the emphasis is shifted onto him simply being a @#%&!.
No point in discussing it with him.
Closed Thread