United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
BarryX

Default Berbatov Goal Against Blackburn...

watched it again yesterday. and just now.

sublime finish, that, it really was. one of the greatest first touches/controllers of the ball I have seen ina shirt. starting to love the spectacular too....

what a goal.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Berbatov Goal Against Blackburn...

'twas a thing of beauty to be sure.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
TheNew

Fantastic goal - something out of nothing really, and the difference in that game. Although we were starting to push for a goal it wasn't inconceivable we walked off nil nil.

I'm surprised more wasn't made of it on match of the day, considering the way Motson was creaming over Torres' goal.

A few more of them and Berbie will prove the doubters (I'm not one btw) wrong.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Fantastic goal - something out of nothing really, and the difference in that game. Although we were starting to push for a goal it wasn't inconceivable we walked off nil nil.

A few more of them and Berbie will prove the doubters (I'm not one btw) wrong.
Any links to the overhead he scored a few weeks back (and then the one he tried in the next game)...

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Any links to the overhead he scored a few weeks back (and then the one he tried in the next game)...
Or his header in the first half on Satdee where he almost hit his own feet from about 6 yards out. Sure it'll be brought up.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:40 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Or his header in the first half on Satdee where he almost hit his own feet from about 6 yards out. Sure it'll be brought up.

in fairness to the lad, urrmmmm....

in fairness...

in fairness to the lad, the above goal more than makes up for the header.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

in fairness to the lad, urrmmmm....

in fairness...

in fairness to the lad, the above goal more than makes up for the header.
If you are gonna miss a sitter, miss it in comedy fashion. Obertan needs to learn this, should've triped over the ball for his miss and landed on his face.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
If you are gonna miss a sitter, miss it in comedy fashion. Obertan needs to learn this, should've triped over the ball for his miss and landed on his face.
The imprint in the pitch would have been about four feet wide.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
BarryX

Quote:
I don't think the groundsmen would agree with you on that one....or the hundreds of little micey's whose homes would be crushed under such an impact.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The imprint in the pitch would have been about four feet wide.

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
BarryX

Quote:
brilliant linkage that man

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: Berbatov Goal Against Blackburn...

Quote:

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Withers

I think I would say that was more of a flick and a trick than a trick and a flick.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
magic_cantona

He's still £#%&!ing shit

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He's still £#%&!ing shit
Turns out not everyone agrees with this. If you look at the Fred Tish MOM polls thread, the general feeling is he's playing very well this season. Bizarre i know.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I think I would say that was more of a flick and a trick than a trick and a flick.
that one goal really is a thing of beauty. football as an artform. the ball in from evra came in at some pace, more of a shot cum cross so they say. berbatov's first touch was exquisite, he must surely have known what he wanted that ball to do as with one single touch he takes the pace out of it, and lifts it up perfectly off the ground (to set up the volley). the milliseconds that the ball was in the air, to then turn his body 180 degrees and hit the ball at such pace, with perfect precission was stunning. just stunning. between one second or two seconds from the time the ball left evra's foot till it went it.

really was a beautiful beautiful goal.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
toseeunited

i would take the next 5 games as one nil wins with a winning goal from berba.

that's what i want from him - to win us those games where we look like we won't score.

for wazza to get his goal was a bonus - and another top top finish!!

Unread 03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Sloane

if that had been drogba or torres it more would have been made of it and would have been lauded by the media

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
The Return of JC

Fine goal. The toughest of his three chances. I actually didn't think he was at his best at the weekend. Lots of misplaced passes and two very bad misses, but the critics on here say he should score more goals so I guess that's the way forward for him

Unread 03-11-2009, 01:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Fine goal. The toughest of his three chances. I actually didn't think he was at his best at the weekend. Lots of misplaced passes and two very bad misses, but the critics on here say he should score more goals so I guess that's the way forward for him
Interesting, I thought, his misses aside, he was excellent, constant threat in the area, had a coupla good attempts blocked I think, held the ball up, linked the play well and really worked the Blackburn defence.
Closed Thread