United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-11-2009, 02:01 AM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: Official:united v blackburn thread (teams,links and doom)

That was hard work wasn't it?
A frustrating 90mins....2 great goals though.

We're certainly not flowing at the minute.
It's weird because the performances against City & Spurs were 2 of the best games I've seen us play in a very long time, but other than that we don't seem to be able to click into gear.
Giggs was incredible in both of those games & we certainly miss his creativity when he isn't playing...shame he's not ten years younger.

Very welcome 3pts though...but we have to win at Stamford Bridge next week to make a real statement I think. Long overdue.
Last time we won down there - 2001/02 season

Unread 01-11-2009, 03:20 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That was hard work wasn't it?
A frustrating 90mins....2 great goals though.

We're certainly not flowing at the minute.
It's weird because the performances against City & Spurs were 2 of the best games I've seen us play in a very long time, but other than that we don't seem to be able to click into gear.
Giggs was incredible in both of those games & we certainly miss his creativity when he isn't playing...shame he's not ten years younger.

Very welcome 3pts though...but we have to win at Stamford Bridge next week to make a real statement I think. Long overdue.
Last time we won down there - 2001/02 season
They way Chelsea are playing at the moment, wouldn't be surprised if they turned us over.

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:22 AM
borsuk

don't think i've seen a team come to ot and give as dreadful a display of football as that blackburn side. when your main playmaker is paul robinson hoofing balls from anywhere outside his area into ours then you're doing pretty badly.

if allardyce wanted to parody himself he couldn't do any more.

brown and evans were superb in dealing with it all btw. united still the only team not to concede a goal from a set piece this season.

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
don't think i've seen a team come to ot and give as dreadful a display of football as that blackburn side. when your main playmaker is paul robinson hoofing balls from anywhere outside his area into ours then you're doing pretty badly.

if allardyce wanted to parody himself he couldn't do any more.

brown and evans were superb in dealing with it all btw. united still the only team not to concede a goal from a set piece this season.
typical allardyce that yesterday, robinson time wasting in the first half at 0-0

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
They've started 8 games together so far this season and have scored 10 goals between them in those games. The only game we've lost where they've started as a partnership is last week against Liverpool. They aren't the problem.
You can prove anything with facts.

Thought they played well today, both scored and won us the game. Berbatov should've really bagged a hat-trick playing generally ahead of Rooney. I think they are a very good partnership in the making.

Unread 01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Official:united v blackburn thread (teams,links and doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You can prove anything with facts.

Thought they played well today, both scored and won us the game. Berbatov should've really bagged a hat-trick playing generally ahead of Rooney. I think they are a very good partnership in the making.
ferie in!

Unread 01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ferie in!
Yup, funny game that one, thought Anderson was absolutely outstanding and that, our finishing aside we played well in general. Thought the two centrebacks really stood up well too.

Unread 01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Sparky***

Apologies for my lack of doom and general input into the thread yesterday, darlings.

I was at Newmarket all day and then spent the night out getting smashed in Cambridge. Cracking night, everywhere was absolutely rammed full of people in fancy dress.

Decent performance yesterday I thought. When you look at what Blackburn's gameplan was, we were always going to take time to break them down. Glad Rooney and Berbatov scored, obertan looked positive when he came on and Anderson was great I thought.

Good day.