United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think a draw will £#%&! them too. They have to win all three, I think. But I think they'll pull it out the bag.

Can they actually go out tomorrow?
Not sure, what's the Gordon Durie if they lose and Fiore win?

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:17 PM
dodger

Quote:
Liverpool will win their three CL games and qualify.

There, I said it.
I think they'll do well to win one more game. I reckon they'll lose tomorrow and get two draws

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Nah. They'll be fine for top four. It's the same every year: Some pretend comes on strong before Christmas, one team is ripe to drop out and then it goes very familiar and all takes shape. Don't think any of the chasing pack are anywhere near as good as the Big Four. And they're all fairly comfortable for now.
I think Liverpool may come as low as sixth.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not sure, what's the Gordon Durie if they lose and Fiore win?
That'll put Fiore on 9 points (I think). Lyon would be on 9 too. So they wouldn't be able to finish above Lyon based on games against them (if they got 9 points) and they'd have to beat Fiorentina by 2-0 or better at Anfield, beat Debrechen and hope that Lyon win in Florence.

If they draw tomorrow, they really REALLY need Debrecen to take something off Fiorentina.

There, I just answered my own question.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think they'll do well to win one more game. I reckon they'll lose tonight and get two draws
They're not even playing tonight. Wow, they really are in terrible form, aren't they!?

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
They're not even playing tonight. Wow, they really are in terrible form, aren't they!?
too quick for me

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Wags finger!

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
The Return of JC

Sorry, yeah. Meant 12 for Lyon. Basically, they can only catch Fiorentina if they lose tomorrow.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Charlie Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think Liverpool may come as low as sixth.
So do others

Quote:
Come the end of Jan, I think we'll see the table looking like this:
1. United
2. Chelsea
3. City
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Pop

If the vermin lose tomorrow night they can finish on 9 points by beating Debrecen away and Fiorentina at Anfield.

Fiorentina are on 6 and I expect them to beat the Hungarians and as above bottle it against Liverpool. That'll also leave them with 9 points.

I just hope they can maintain their superior goal difference (+2, Liverpool are on -2) or I can see the rat eaters fluking their way to their usual semi-final spot

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If the vermin lose tomorrow night they can finish on 9 points by beating Debrecen away and Fiorentina at Anfield.

Fiorentina are on 6 and I expect them to beat the Hungarians and as above bottle it against Liverpool. That'll also leave them with 9 points.

I just hope they can maintain their superior goal difference (+2, Liverpool are on -2) or I can see the rat eaters fluking their way to their usual semi-final spot
If truth be told, Liverpool would probably win any other league in Europe. The top 4 in England will all be there or there abouts again at the end of the season. I'm so glad that we're here to stop the murderers from winning our league though.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Sparky***

Torres has a hernia.

Lolz.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
dunk

Liverpool finish 6th, City 4th?

I'm not sure I would actually approve of that tbh.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If truth be told, Liverpool would probably win any other league in Europe. The top 4 in England will all be there or there abouts again at the end of the season. I'm so glad that we're here to stop the murderers from winning our league though.
Spain?

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:45 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Spain?
he did it with valencia with a poor squad than madrid, barcelona and at a stretch depor also.

in spain all are so attack hungry, all you need is a good defense and counter attack mechanism. which is what valencia did for most of the time. Probably he did do the same with liverpool up there and get away with it. difficult to do that in england.
Closed Thread