United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Spiffy

Default Re: Gerrard & Torres ruled out for Sunderland match

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethelred
Yes, when he's whingeing about Thatcher and the monarchy it's no fun.
If you banned him from talking about Thatcher, the monarchy and Hark, he'd be a lurker.

Unread 20-10-2009, 07:47 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If you banned him from talking about Thatcher, the monarchy and Hark, he'd be a lurker.

and if you were banned from telling us how great capitalism is you wouldnt be a @#%&!

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:06 AM
ethelred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You mean he'd change his username?

Unread 03-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Pop

Just heard on the radio Torres may require groin surgery which may rule him out for up to 8 weeks

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Just heard on the radio Torres may require groin surgery which may rule him out for up to 8 weeks
this surely deserved its own thread!

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If he misses 8 weeks theyre in the shit big time.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Can I add, strange the stick that Rio is getting given that little mention has been made of Carragher turning from a solid defender to a tackling back row forward.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No they are not they could play Vornonin and Ngog in tandem

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
They're already in the shit big time. That would just mean even bigger shit in an even bigger time.

Torres missing for that long would seriously jeopardise their top four place.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
wiganste

I hope he £#%&!s himself tomorrow night when Lyon are already 3-0 up. That would be £#%&!ing sweet.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I hope he £#%&!s himself tomorrow night when Lyon are already 3-0 up. That would be £#%&!ing sweet.
Liverpool will win their three CL games and qualify.

There, I said it.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
They're already in the shit big time. That would just mean even bigger shit in an even bigger time.

Thats what I was alluding to.

City would likely build a handsome lead over them in the race for it.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:

I think they are gonna struggle for 4th, they really have to get any injuries sorted, with operations if necassary 'cos the top 4 pretenders tend to struggle after Christmas so a bit of a holding action for 8 weeks wouldn't be fatal if they have Gerrard and Torres fully fit in late January. If they continue to nurse them through, they could be in big trouble.

wiganste

Quote:
Liverpool will win their three CL games and qualify.

There, I said it.
I fully expect them to. But one can hope.

It would be lovely seeing them rub shoulders with Everton & Fulham in the Europa League.

Unread 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Thats what I was alluding to.

City would likely build a handsome lead over them in the race for it.
I'm not sure they'd finish 4th ahead of them. Could be a few teams.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think they are gonna struggle for 4th, they really have to get any injuries sorted, with operations if necassary 'cos the top 4 pretenders tend to struggle after Christmas so a bit of a holding action for 8 weeks wouldn't be fatal if they have Gerrard and Torres fully fit in late January. If they continue to nurse them through, they could be in big trouble.
Nah. They'll be fine for top four. It's the same every year: Some pretend comes on strong before Christmas, one team is ripe to drop out and then it goes very familiar and all takes shape. Don't think any of the chasing pack are anywhere near as good as the Big Four. And they're all fairly comfortable for now.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Nah. They'll be fine for top four. It's the same every year: Some pretend comes on strong before Christmas, one team is ripe to drop out and then it goes very familiar and all takes shape. Don't think any of the chasing pack are anywhere near as good as the Big Four. And they're all fairly comfortable for now.
Probbly. Be interesting tomorrow mind. Tough away that without so many players against a good team, lose that and they're done.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
You don't think city are as good as liverpool, i think they are light years ahead even though they've had a few draws.
City have a lot to call on, liverpool have absolutely £#%&! all

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
You don't think city are as good as liverpool, i think they are light years ahead even though they've had a few draws.
City have a lot to call on, liverpool have absolutely £#%&! all
Steady on, I know Liverpool have hit bad form, but a few galacticos players don't suddenly make you better than a team that's finished in the top four the last 5 years. City have looked extremely average in all the games I've seen them this season. They have the individuals, sure, and many times they've pulled them out of the shit. I think they'll get better and will certainly some day break that top four, but for now they have an awful long way to go and I see nothing to suggest they'll do it this year. Spurs and Villa both progressing, but again are nowhere near as good as BF.

If one of the pretenders gets a big lead then it'll make it interesting, but all have their shortcomings and I do think this is as bad as it'll get for Liverpool and they're still nicely placed.

Basically, can't see anyone breaking into the top four this season.

Unread 03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Probbly. Be interesting tomorrow mind. Tough away that without so many players against a good team, lose that and they're done.
I think a draw will £#%&! them too. They have to win all three, I think. But I think they'll pull it out the bag.

Can they actually go out tomorrow?
Closed Thread