United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:36 PM
TheFatGoth

I think the two packages left are the midweek games where they can show the full round of games.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Buck

Navixsport

Currently use vipleague. Works on mobile without any hassle and can rewind play.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'll be honest with you.... i'm getting sick of football at the moment.

just too much of it.
I hear that.....

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:42 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Navixsport :vigil.
They got to the bloke that ran it, he put a message on reddit. That was a great site.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:42 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I think the two packages left are the midweek games where they can show the full round of games.
Yes. Pretty shit packages really.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:48 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'll be honest with you.... i'm getting sick of football at the moment.

just too much of it.
Yep, it’s pretty ubiquitous and because they spend so much on the rights they have to squeeze every last drop of interest out of even the most mundane of fixtures. It really is just like that Mitchell and Webb sketch.

“Kick off between Preston and Barnsley in this battle for 14th place is coming up after the break....AND IT’S LIVE!!!”

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Red Al

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43052024

Looks like the gravy train is slowing down

Thank £#%&!

It hard to sell an exiting title race that's over in December and if city just keep throwing money at it and dominate for the next 3-5 years then the next auction will be intresting

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43052024

Looks like the gravy train is slowing down

Thank £#%&!

It hard to sell an exiting title race that's over in December and if city just keep throwing money at it and dominate for the next 3-5 years then the next auction will be intresting
If the telly money drops out we're £#%&!ed. We don't have any £#%&!ing oil.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:56 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If the telly money drops out we're £#%&!ed. We don't have any £#%&!ing oil.
It won’t drop. Not when Amazon etc get involved.

Unread 10-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Lok

Facebook won the rights to some MLB games today. They've got about 25 games.

Perhaps they are the mystery bidder for the remaining rights (and not Amazon).

I assume they're going to charge for them which will be an interesting shift in business model.
Closed Thread