Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

He reminds of a condor for some reason.

Unread 01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
wiganste

Default Re: Obertan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Watch the move again. It's Rooney's fault for not staying onside. If Nani plays that ball earlier, he has to play it to the defender's right, meaning Rooney would have had to beat him himself. Because he delays until the defender moves over to cover Rooney, he can play it behind him, completely taking the lad out of the picture and leaving Rooney completely free in the box.

Very easy to blame Nani as usual, like the commentator did, but not really fair in this instance.
I know you always stick up for Nani (nowt wrong with that) but I completely disagree with you here.

He never, ever looks up until it's too late. He could have played Rooney in. Rooney was on the shoulder for a good 3 or 4 seconds before Nani released it. Poor decision making imo.

He was crap again last night. It's not something that surprise me either. He's just not good enough for United.

Unread 01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Coracao

This thread :shakehead:

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This thread :shakehead:
people talking about football. what's the world coming to?

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
did i fall asleep and miss 3 months of the season? thought he only played for about 20 minutes - what kind of #@&%!-knocker judges a player after that amount of time?
Switching off.

He's had an absolute mare here tbh.

Unread 01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Sloane

"I feel like I'm here for many years now so it is good to be here and I'm just enjoying it. I'll just keep working hard to be in the squad and we'll see what the manager will do."

"I was a bit nervous, but after a few minutes it was gone. I really enjoyed the game and Pat Evra was just behind me encouraging me, so it was very good. With Pat it has been easier"

"I think I need a bit of rhythm; a few games to be fully fit. It's going better and better and there's no reason to end it. I think I'll be better after a few games."

"It's been four months now that I have been injured, so it was a good debut. I ran hard and tried to do my best. "

"I was disappointed to miss my chance, but I was very fit and it all went well because we won in the end,"

"You can feel a real difference between training here and in France. The sessions are shorter, but much more intense.

"There is far greater speed and commitment and the blows rain in on me at times - even though it is all done in the right spirit."

"As soon as I joined United I asked Ryan Giggs to speak to me if he saw me doing anything wrong in training, or had any advice to give.

He has done so. I feel that I have already improved and I am more disciplined and committed."

-------------------------------------------------

fergie

"I thought he was a bit nervous when he came on,"

"But you have to remember it’s only his second full game in eight months. You have to put his performance into perspective. But towards the end he started to settle down and do very well. Hopefully he’ll become a good addition to us."

carrick

"It was great for him to finally play,"

"It was disappointing for him not to take his chance but hopefully he’ll get many more here. I think he might get a little bit of stick for his miss. We can’t let him off for that!"

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Switching off.

He's had an absolute mare here tbh.
not the first time tbh

Unread 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
taff

i bet pat rips the piss out of his huge head

Unread 02-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i bet pat rips the piss out of his huge head
I bet he jumps up every day in training and gives him a few slaps on his head.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:25 AM
tatty

It must be unnerving for defenders to see an enormous head bearing down on them.

Still, if he turns out to be a legend we won't struggle for a monument.

Unread 02-11-2009, 06:41 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Obertan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
"As soon as I joined United I asked Ryan Giggs to speak to me if he saw me doing anything wrong in training, or had any advice to give.

He has done so. I feel that I have already improved and I am more disciplined and committed."
he won't go far wrong with that attitude

Unread 02-11-2009, 07:03 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he won't go far wrong with that attitude
Sounds like a right creep to be honest.

Get rid.

Unread 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Billy Baroo