how much is a season ticket?

when i stopped going, mine had just hit £720

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:19 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
how much is a season ticket?

when i stopped going, mine had just hit £720
I gave mine up when they asked for £684. I read somewhere it's £950ish now. £200 isn't bad when you consider it's the whole family that can watch because you've brought them up properly.

Unread 18-01-2017, 12:14 AM
TheFatGoth

Other countries get every single game for about £20 per month

Unread 18-01-2017, 03:11 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
nbc reds part of nearly every tv package

Unread 18-01-2017, 03:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
nbc reds part of nearly every tv package
NBC reds (via kodi)

Unread 18-01-2017, 03:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
So apparently, in order to get all the available football in this country you need to shell out about a grand a year?

..and you don't even get all the games
And still no live 3pm games, which every other £#%&!er in the world gets to watch.

Unread 18-01-2017, 03:26 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Not here anymore. A shite Telco bought the rights for the next 3 years. Blind Auction and they tripled the offer from FOXTEL (Sky). which had every game and full functionality (Sky IQ box).

Now you have to sign up to their mobile contract or broadband plan to get access to the football, plus pay for the football on top. If that's not bad enough, you are also forced into signing up for the shittest mobile/net service known to man. It's horrific now...

Unread 18-01-2017, 03:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Not here anymore. A shite Telco bought the rights for the next 3 years. Blind Auction and they tripled the offer from FOXTEL (Sky). which had every game and full functionality (Sky IQ box).

Now you have to sign up to their mobile contract or broadband plan to get access to the football, plus pay for the football on top. If that's not bad enough, you are also forced into signing up for the shittest mobile/net service known to man. It's horrific now...
Optus is only marginally worse until get out in the bush.

I went over to Optus and am paying less than half what Foxtel/Telstra were charging.

Still keep basic Foxtel plus sport for the other stuff and still well under what I was paying before.

Unread 18-01-2017, 04:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
And still no live 3pm games, which every other £#%&!er in the world gets to watch.
All available here in the U.K...

Just have to get decent internet...

Bin sky.

Unread 18-01-2017, 04:15 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Still keep basic Foxtel plus sport for the other stuff and still well under what I was paying before.
You must have vastly overpaying on something beforehand if that's the case.

Unread 18-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
You must have vastly overpaying on something beforehand if that's the case.

Probably, with Fox and Telstra

Unread 19-01-2017, 04:26 PM
stax

NowTV. £6.99 for Sky Sports day pass when Utd are on and avoid paying for all the dross.

Dodgy Streamus for the rest.

Unread 21-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Kodi reds.
IPTV. I dropped mine months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
mental isn't it.

I don't think the day will be too far off where we see practically every game on tv in this country. There are 380 games every season and 168 of them are on telly. That's almost half of the games.

If they keep losing money and viewers, expect the 3pm rule to get abolished.
That rule should absolutely be abolished, it's an outdated rule. At the vey least they could show one 3pm game a week.

Unread 21-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
IPTV. I dropped mine months ago.
Every game should kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with all available on ppv. Then a comprehensive highlights package of all games through the evening.

Unread 21-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Every game should kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with all available on ppv. Then a comprehensive highlights package of all games through the evening.
no chance.

that would potentially just decimate both attendances and TV audiences.

Unread 26-01-2017, 01:43 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Although the report suggests that, on average, pubs and bars showing the Premier League increase their wet sales by £34,000 per year, the margins are often tight and there are many struggling to pay the high costs. For example, the Old Red Lion Theatre Pub, a medium-sized venue with an EC London postcode and a part tie with Punch Taverns, is charged £26,114 (including VAT) per year to show Sky and BT Sport. With 168 games available to show throughout the season, the cost to the pub of individual games shown on Sky breaks down at £148 per game, and £178.50 per game on BT Sport.

If an average pint costs £4.50, you might think that selling 32 pints means the pub breaks even, but the net profit on drinks is significantly lower. The Old Red Lion calculates that to break even, they must sell 88 pints per game. This could happen several times a year during the bigger clashes, but a standard Saturday lunchtime game is very unlikely to accrue this level of sales. Additionally, pubs with ties to a pub company (such as Punch Taverns) are forced the buy their beer through that company, often at a much higher cost than the market value, shrinking the net profit on a pint and further squeezing the landlord.
http://www.football365.com/news/dark...otball-in-pubs

Quote:
If the present’s dim, the future’s darker; broadcasters are currently dealing with a sizeable decline in viewing figures this season. Sky’s early Premier League season ratings are down by a fifth, and BT’s Champions League ratings have dipped by as much as 40% on certain days. If the cost of football to pubs can be unsustainable, then the cost to Sky and BT of rapidly inflating broadcasting deals could quickly follow suit. Similarly, in the States, ESPN recorded their largest ever subscriber loss in October of this year, with over 600,000 customers cancelling their subscriptions.

With Sky paying £11.07m per game, compared to BT’s £7.6m, the company have potentially overpaid for their share, allegedly panicked that BT might outbid them. 20 years after Murdoch’s comments, it might not be a stretch to suggest that live sport remains the battering ram. Were Sky to lose the rights to the Premier League, a sizeable drop in customers might be expected. Data shows that in Hong Kong last year, when Premier League rights shifted from one broadcaster to another, customers tended to follow the football, and the share prices of the broadcaster that lost the rights plummeted. In fear of a similar fate, Sky could continue to bid, pushing the increasing costs onto the consumer, and in particular, pubs.

Unread 26-01-2017, 01:53 PM
suffolkred

Won't be long before they go after some of the Kodi 'addons' sites which will be pointless as shutting one down will just open up another one.

Whack-a-mole.

Unread 26-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Pop

Kind of related, the Discovery network has told Sky to £#%&! off and are pulling their channels from the UK lineup at the end of the month claiming Sky "refuses to pay a fair price". Sky claim they are overpaying.

Discovery HD
Discovery History
Discovery Home & Health
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
DMAX
Eurosport1
Eurosport2
Investigation Discovery
Quest
TLC
Animal Planet

All the above are getting the chop. Wonder how much Sky will knock off our subs?

Unread 26-01-2017, 03:44 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How do we get them then? Or is that the end of them in the UK?

The bubble has to burst, who the £#%&! wants to pay hundreds and even thousands of pounds a year for TV only to find themselves so busy working to pay for the c***ing thing that they're never in the £#%&!ing house to watch it
The cheeky @#%&!s have just sent me an email telling me they stuck a couple of quid on monthly broadband (which is shite anyway) and a couple of quid on phone line rental (which I don't use). All of which is necessary so they can continue to offer a fantastic service or some such %@#$&!s!

Unread 26-01-2017, 06:22 PM
92ToBury

The only thing I'll miss out of all that is Eurosport so that I can tell the enemy I'm watching the snooker when I can't be arsed going shopping or to the outlaws.
Closed Thread