Park

Rooney

I think that will be it tbh.

Unread 05-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Stickman

Default Re: Official- Team to face Barcelona thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's normally games where everybody is utterly convinced we are going to get mullered that we win tbh.
Chelsea November 05

Unread 05-05-2011, 09:32 AM
PaulParkers

Unless Evra seriously bucks the trend of his shite form I wouldnt play him in the final. Harsh as it may seem I dont think he's been good enough. Fabio would get the nod from me at this moment in time.

I sincerely hope Evra finds some form before the end of the PL season as on form he's a fantastic player and we need him.

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Whip Hubley

VDS
Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Park
Rooney

OR

same as above, but with pea for either carrick or fletcher and a switch to 4-4-2

Unread 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
united1878

...........VDS
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
.........Carrick
.... Fabio Giggs
Valencia Rooney Nani

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Baron

------------------------VDS-----------------------------

A Twin--------Rio---------------Vidic------------Evra

--------------------Carrick-----------------------------

---------Fletcher---------------------Giggs-----------

----Valencia------------------------------Nani--------

-------------------------Rooney-----------------------

Rafael or Fabio, one & the same. Whoever is less likely to get injured & sent off.

The rest, if Fletcher is fit, he's the only one with the discipline to track & harry & maintain the commitment to closing them down in the middle with energy we have... if his passing is back he'll be an all round threat to spring the counter as well as the other two. Carrick will literally have to spend the rest of the seasons training trying not to utterly shit himself when closed down... if he can find that confidence to play it first time & move FORWARD into space, as opposed to just sitting, we can find our own tri-angles & make space to launch counter attacks behind their full backs. The only way I see us winning is by getting a goal up early & counter attacking as they feel the pressure. I don't know what they are made of, I don't remember them being in that situation... I'd like to think they'd panic & over commit

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM
borsuk

vds
fabio - rio - vidic - evra
valencia - carrick - giggs - park
rooney
hernandez

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vds
rooney
hernandez
I'll be surprised if that isn't the side (injuries permitting)

We need to give them something to worry about...I hope we don't set out to contain them.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
vds
rooney
hernandez
Correct.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:23 PM
BarryX

vds
rooney
berbatov

subs: Little Pea for Berbs after 60 minutes depending on the situation, Scholes and Nani on for park and one other after 70 if we are chasing a goal, otherwise just pack up the midfield

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'll be surprised if that isn't the side (injuries permitting)

We need to give them something to worry about...I hope we don't set out to contain them.
i'd expect that

although he may go with just rooney up top on his own to start

i'd like nani in the team though and i wish fletch would be match fit and in form but he can't risk him

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
i'd expect that

although he may go with just rooney up top on his own to start

i'd like nani in the team though and i wish fletch would be match fit and in form but he can't risk him
Fletch might be ok. A few minutes on Sunday and a couple of appearances til the final and he might be ready. He's a fit lad anyway so I wouldn't rule it out.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Fletch might be ok. A few minutes on Sunday and a couple of appearances til the final and he might be ready. He's a fit lad anyway so I wouldn't rule it out.
he can't be properly match sharp for a game like this by then though...

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Sloppy

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
he can't be properly match sharp for a game like this by then though...
Sure he can. Look at Valencia, he was fine from the get-go and is still going strong and that was after several months out. Provided he's 'fit', he won't have lost much sharpness. He's the kind of player who goes straight back into things too. He's gutsy. He's got plenty of potential time and minutes to be ready, whether he will get there though remains to be seen.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Sure he can. Look at Valencia, he was fine from the get-go and is still going strong and that was after several months out. Provided he's 'fit', he won't have lost much sharpness. He's the kind of player who goes straight back into things too. He's gutsy. He's got plenty of potential time and minutes to be ready, whether he will get there though remains to be seen.
a virus is debilitating in a different way though. valencia would have been working on his fitness long before he could kick a ball whereas fletcher could have had trouble eating, never mind training. not the same at all.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Jethro

I can't see Hernandez being dropped, Ferie will bulk up the midfield using Rooney.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
a virus is debilitating in a different way though. valencia would have been working on his fitness long before he could kick a ball whereas fletcher could have had trouble eating, never mind training. not the same at all.
I'm not saying the injury was the same, we were discussing sharpness and how quickly he would get it. Whether he's physically fit or sharp are two different things. He will have had trouble eating, but now he is back training and back playing so it can't be a problem now. The issue is sharpness and Valencia is an example of how you can hit the ground running in that sense, regardless of his injury/absence being completely different.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
what was this virus?

i've never seen mention of anything more specific

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I can't see Hernandez being dropped, Ferie will bulk up the midfield using Rooney.
I could see Hernandez being dropped. He's in favour now, but I wouldn't go as far as to suggest he's a fixture. Only absolute dead certs to start if fit are:

VDS
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Rooney
Closed Thread