Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Everyone likes sweets.

Everyone likes chocolate.

It therefore stands to reason that everyone likes chocolate covered sweets.

Try it, your life will never be the same again.
I like steak and chocolate too.

in truth, I think I'm just scared.

Unread 27-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is Daley Blind becoming our most important player? No.

I fail to get excited about him. He was extremely limited as a midfielder but I suppose he was ok cover.

At full back he often looks a bit lost and his positional sense is awful out there.

He's doing a decent job at centre back against the shit teams but he's almost certainly going to get caught out when we start playing decent teams with fast and powerful forwards

He does play a tremendous long ball though and will continue to do a good job as a ball playing centre half against the less threatening teams.
There you go then. A player who has played in 3 different positions with countless different combinations of midfielders and defenders and pretty much held his own in all 3, 90% of the time. He's only been here a season and getting used to the pace of the premier league takes time, especially if you're not blessed with pace yourself.

I think we're beginning to see the benefits of him holding on to a role on a consistent basis. When you throw the return of De Gea in there too I'm sure it'll elevate him even further.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:02 PM
jem

he's our most important player in the sense that we would have been stuffed without him. he's not one of our best two centre backs, though.

de gea remains our most important player, sadly.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
in times like this it's always good to see who his early advocates were. pat on the back for the usual sage suspects - saffers, crumps, parters and myself.
Sagetastic stuff as per from the usual suspects.

Will rep you all once it gets recharged.

"Obscene vision" indeed.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Coracao

He's a good player. The long term solution in that position though? Not convinced.

Martial is probably quickly becoming our most important player because of what he adds in attack.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Rhodzy

Doing great but would still like us to get a proper centre back in there. Laporte seems to fit the bill.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Tiberian

We saw the best and worst of him in that position over a 10 min spell yesterday. Wrestled easily out of the way by Lens for the chance that De Gea saved with his legs. A few minutes later he steps forward and plays the key pass, there is not another in the league in that position who can consistently hurt teams with passing as he does.

He takes the pressure off Smalling, who at the start of the season was attempting a few too many longer passes, now he is more content to play off Blind and to carry the ball forward when the space opens. Defensively Smalling is clearly the key figure, not sure Blind would do as well with a slower and less athletic partner.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:25 PM
saffers

3 assists from defence this season, a goal and a couple of pre-assists(like the one yesterday). One of the best value deals in the prem for a while considering his versatility

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I'm sticking by guns as a man of principle and keeping him no higher than decent squad player status for now. A sexy John O'Shea.
O'Pie spent the match getting away with barging into the back of Martial. When was the last time he made four or five assists in about ten games or less?

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Nicebutdim

Fantastic player to have in the squad. Can make a difference in several positions.

Unread 27-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Alan

No.

Unread 27-09-2015, 01:01 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
O'Pie spent the match getting away with barging into the back of Martial. When was the last time he made four or five assists in about ten games or less?
Being a bit selective with the stats there, you missed the bit where I said "sexy"

Unread 27-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Jethro

Hope him and Mike are the bedrock of the defence for many years

Unread 27-09-2015, 01:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Hope him and Mike are the bedrock of the defence for many years

Unread 27-09-2015, 01:55 PM
angrydimaria

Was brushed aside by pelle last week. October where he will come up against some really good strikers will define him... Starting with Walcott against him next weekend

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Was brushed aside by pelle last week. October where he will come up against some really good strikers will define him... Starting with Walcott against him next weekend
Walcott

The defence was a disjointed mess last week. Most notably due to the inclusion of an injured Rojo. Blind, for the most part was doing two jobs

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Walcott

Another united player you want to fail....cute.

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
really good strikers like Kane and Benteke or big strikers like Gestede ?

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Walcott

Another united player you want to fail....cute.
Is there any reason you post here? Surely there is a cheer leading squad you can join.

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebutdim
Is there any reason you post here? Surely there is a cheer leading squad you can join.
Please explain your post you £#%&!ing blue @#%&! ?

Because I rate, support and can see Blind is a very decent player im suppose to don a skirt and wave some pom poms ?

How would you like to join me under the ford clock and I can rip your £#%&!ing wind pipe out.
Closed Thread