United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Coracao

Question Michael Owen

Looks like he is running his contract down...again.

The amount this @#%&! has earnt per game is obscene.

An estimated 120k per week.

He is now in his 4th season up there.

His record for all competitions is:

2005/6 - 11 games.
2006/7 - 3 games.
2007/8 - 31 games
2008/9 - 14 games.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

2005/6 - 11 games.
2006/7 - 3 games.
2007/8 - 31 games
2008/9 - 14 games.

£#%&!ing hell, he managed 31 games in a season? That must be his personal best!

I'm not surprised his trying to get out of that comedy shithole, I was just stunned he went there in the first place.

I can see him winding up at Arsenal, for some reason.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell, he managed 31 games in a season? That must be his personal best!

I'm not surprised his trying to get out of that comedy shithole, I was just stunned he went there in the first place.

I can see him winding up at Arsenal, for some reason.
I was surprised at the 31 games myself, although I think quite a few of them were off the bench.

The Newcastle move just smacked of desperation to return to England I think. You would have thought that there would have been some takers on the continent after a relatively successful spell at Madrid, despite not being first choice.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:46 AM
magic_cantona

He's a horrid little @#%&!.It's no wonder that no set of fans has taken to him, he's just not a likeable player or person.

People go on about 'foreign mercenaries', when he's been the worst offender.

Wage thief.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Spiffy

He didn't want to go there, he wanted to go back to Liverpool. Liverpool offered £9M for him and Newcastle offered £17M. This meant he had no chance of the Liverpool bid being accepted. When he gets to Newcastle, there's loads of rumours he wants out. People tell him to "honour his contract" so he does. Newcastle have only themselves to blame. I hope they get £#%&! all for him.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Arnold Muhren

I think others were in for him but Newcastle were offering silly money per week, far more than he had ever been paid before.

Unread 13-12-2008, 11:48 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He didn't want to go there, he wanted to go back to Liverpool. Liverpool offered £9M for him and Newcastle offered £17M. This meant he had no chance of the Liverpool bid being accepted. When he gets to Newcastle, there's loads of rumours he wants out. People tell him to "honour his contract" so he does. Newcastle have only themselves to blame. I hope they get £#%&! all for him.
It's nailed on.

Unless Everton steam in with a bid.

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Zorg

Never really rated the little @#%&!. One goal gave him an entire career.

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

2005/6 - 11 games.
2006/7 - 3 games.
2007/8 - 31 games
2008/9 - 14 games.

Presuming he got a £2m signing on fee, it works out at £456,949 per match (if he was to play no more games this season)

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Presuming he got a £2m signing on fee, it works out at £456,949 per match (if he was to play no more games this season)
Nice work, if you can get it

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:32 PM
redwhiteandblack

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come to us.

The rumour is he'd already be with us but he failed a medical 3 seasons ago.

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Pop

He must be the most obscenely overrated player of the past decade. Not a £#%&!ing day goes by the little shit isn't in the headlines regarding his Newcastle future. Quite frankly who gives a £#%&!? He's shit and has not or will not achieve anything of note in what is left of his career.

Unread 13-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He must be the most obscenely overrated player of the past decade. Not a £#%&!ing day goes by the little shit isn't in the headlines regarding his Newcastle future. Quite frankly who gives a £#%&!? He's shit and has not or will not achieve anything of note in what is left of his career.
BUT for injuries he's as good a goal scorer as you'll see. His goals per game ratio is impressive, it's his goals per month ratio that lets him down.

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:00 PM
dodger

Quote:
BUT for injuries he's as good a goal scorer as you'll see.
Does that mean he scores a lot of injuries? If so, I agree.

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:02 PM
RedMenace

In fairness, £105k ain't what it used to be. It's probably the equivalent of about £80k this time last year. I mean how can you be expected to survive on that?.

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:07 PM
The Mull

My mates son played him in an advert for a washing powder, this has got bog all to do with the thread, but I'm bored pooless at work. As you were.

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Ether

Awesome player, or was. Still got the knack for finishing though. If he'd have been carefully managed by someone like Fergie, and not burned out at a young age by a succession of clowns at Anfield, he'd still be one of the best in the world.

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Awesome player, or was. Still got the knack for finishing though. If he'd have been carefully managed by someone like Fergie, and not burned out at a young age by a succession of clowns at Anfield, he'd still be one of the best in the world.
Like Forlan was? Or Bellion?

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
Like Forlan was? Or Bellion?
Forlan signed for us when he was about 24. And was shit. Bellion was just shit. What's your point? That Fergie can't turn shit players into great ones?

Unread 22-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Forlan signed for us when he was about 24. And was shit. Bellion was just shit. What's your point? That Fergie can't turn shit players into great ones?
My point is that it's a myth that Fergie has some magical powers to turn injury prone or difficult players into legends. He's done it once with Cantona. If we hadn't signed Berbatov we'd get told that Fergie would have instilled a sense of urgency and got the best out of him.
Closed Thread