United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Changed my mind on Modric, thought he was the typical Spurs fair-weather player, and his first season in Spain was poor but in the last couple of years he has been superb.

Best player on the pitch against City in the week, by a fair margin at that.
agree with this. it was the scholes natural replacement spiel that put me off, plus the natural distrust i have for spurs' ponces.

would be interested to see where next rooney would be shoe-horned into the side if modric was signed.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
agree with this. it was the scholes natural replacement spiel that put me off, plus the natural distrust i have for spurs' ponces.

would be interested to see where next rooney would be shoe-horned into the side if modric was signed.
Beijing hopefully.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Dunk is probably right about Spain being a better fit for him tbf. When he started slowly at Real I thought that might be it for him, he would lack the mental strength to come back and establish himself in adversity, but he is one of their best now and shows leadership which I would never have believed from his Spurs days.

He can not ping eye catching passes to the wing like Rooney but the rest of his work on the ball is levels above and more important in that position.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Dunk is probably right about Spain being a better fit for him tbf. When he started slowly at Real I thought that might be it for him, he would lack the mental strength to come back and establish himself in adversity, but he is one of their best now and shows leadership which I would never have believed from his Spurs days.

He can not ping eye catching passes to the wing like Rooney but the rest of his work on the ball is levels above and more important in that position.
Got bullied too often and lost in the whirlwind of mistakes and blood and thunder in the PL far too frequently for my liking, hence I wasn't particularly overjoyed when we were linked with adding him to our already powderpuff midfield at the time. Done well in Madrid though. Hate him for being utterly anonymous and a complete failure in Spain until he came on at OT and scored. Little shit

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

goes without saying. as does the fact that rooney will be operating somewhere in lines 4, 5 & 6 for us for a few seasons yet. naysayers will point out that he's still one of our best players and technically they will be correct. personally i think there's been a clear ceiling of how good we can be with him in the side for a long time now and that ceiling gets ever lower with time. seeing him clean through 25yds out yesterday and not even get a shot off was pretty £#%&!ing scary.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
goes without saying. as does the fact that rooney will be operating somewhere in lines 4, 5 & 6 for us for a few seasons yet. naysayers will point out that he's still one of our best players and technically they will be correct. personally i think there's been a clear ceiling of how good we can be with him in the side for a long time now and that ceiling gets ever lower with time. seeing him clean through 25yds out yesterday and not even get a shot off was pretty £#%&!ing scary.
That 5 year contract is Moyes' s biggest mistake, yes even beyond Fellaini. He is still a good player but both parties needed the change, Utd to restructure the attack and Rooney for a new challenge. Fergie needed to close on that issue, leaving it to Moyes was a risk, or perhaps a challenge for Moyes.

Unread 21-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Vedder

Will Jose get rid?

Unread 21-05-2016, 11:59 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Will Jose get rid?
yeah

Unread 22-05-2016, 02:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Will Jose get rid?
Lazy to assume imo. Just because he didn't think he wasn't a fit in that team doesn't mean he won't make him fit in a completely different set up.
Closed Thread