United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:12 AM
Clarkie

Default Zvonimir Boban

Am I alone thinking he was brilliant and is now forgotten?!?!

The guy was miles ahead of the likes of Carrick and the like, yet, they are amazing and Boban is nowt

What do you think of him?

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

The guy was miles ahead of the likes of Carrick and the like, yet, they are amazing and Boban is nowt

What do you think of him?
no, don't be so £#%&!ing stupid.

you're coming across like pitt the younger here.

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:40 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Jesus Christ man.

Everybody over about 35 remembers him and knows he was brilliant.

Also, Michael Carrick is a damn fine footballer and shouldn't be used in this manner.

Unread 17-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Jesus Christ man.

Everybody over about 35 remembers him and knows he was brilliant.

Also, Michael Carrick is a damn fine footballer and shouldn't be used in this manner.

I just think it's £#%&!ing deplorable!!

He was brilliant and never even gets mentioned these days.

I say Carrick because he gets so much praise, and rightly so....Yet Boban is barely £#%&!ing mentioned these days....I think it's bollix he's never mentioned

Yet, you have United fans telling me Fletch is brilliant.....ARGHHGHGHGH!!!

Unread 17-01-2015, 05:06 AM
waynes ear's

Boban was class.

Also, pretty sure he was instrumental in starting a war

Top red. Stands next to ged in K

Unread 17-01-2015, 05:17 AM
Grimson

Quote:
I just think it's £#%&!ing deplorable!!

He was brilliant and never even gets mentioned these days.

I say Carrick because he gets so much praise, and rightly so....Yet Boban is barely £#%&!ing mentioned these days....I think it's bollix he's never mentioned

Yet, you have United fans telling me Fletch is brilliant.....ARGHHGHGHGH!!!
Why would he be? That doesn't mean he's forgotten.

I don't see Gerd Muller, Enzo Francescoli, Pierre Littbarski, Ezo Sczifo, or Zbigniew Boniek mentioned either, but it doesn't mean they're forgotten. Anyway, I just mentioned them.

If you're outraged by Boban not getting mentioned, just wait until you hear about literally anything else.

Unread 17-01-2015, 05:22 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Why would he be? That doesn't mean he's forgotten.

I don't see Gerd Muller, Enzo Francescoli, Pierre Littbarski, Ezo Sczifo, or Zbigniew Boniek mentioned either, but it doesn't mean they're forgotten. Anyway, I just mentioned them.

If you're outraged by Boban not getting mentioned, just wait until you hear about literally anything else.
OK....Well put it this way...

Few of us out fort pints tonight....Talking about football, we got onto to the subject of the best midfielders we've seen.....Boban was not mentioned once except for me...

And I've noticed it in various other conversations, threads etc, Boban never ever gets mentioned.

And I think it's disgraceful

Unread 17-01-2015, 06:29 AM
Grimson

Quote:
OK....Well put it this way...

Few of us out fort pints tonight....Talking about football, we got onto to the subject of the best midfielders we've seen.....Boban was not mentioned once except for me...

And I've noticed it in various other conversations, threads etc, Boban never ever gets mentioned.

And I think it's disgraceful
How many of your football genius pals mentioned Nedved, Hagi, Davids, Seedorf, Effenberg, Vieira, Redondo, Rijkaard, Matthaus....all from the same generation as Boban...could add another half-dozen to the list.

Naturally, in pub conversation, most people are just going to say Zidane, Keane, Scholes...

I certainly believe the 'pints' part of your post.

Unread 17-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
How many of your football genius pals mentioned Nedved, Hagi, Davids, Seedorf, Effenberg, Vieira, Redondo, Rijkaard, Matthaus....all from the same generation as Boban...could add another half-dozen to the list.

Naturally, in pub conversation, most people are just going to say Zidane, Keane, Scholes...

I certainly believe the 'pints' part of your post.
Exclude me.....I was the one playing the gig...No booze for me

EDIT: Davids, Nedved, Viera, Redondo were all mentioned...But no Boban love

Unread 17-01-2015, 07:56 AM
PIMPY

First time I've heard of him. Thanks.

From his wiki.
Since retiring from football, Boban, always known to be a literary man, completed his history degree at the University of Zagreb. He graduated from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb in 2004, with a thesis named "Christianity in the Roman Empire"

Unread 17-01-2015, 08:24 AM
puressence

made pures top 11 team wc love the fact he @#%&!ted a copper on the pitch aswell ...

Unread 17-01-2015, 08:40 AM
shenwen

What the £#%&! has Boban got to do with Carrick?

I am sure folk are going to be talking about Carrick's footballing genius in pubs up and down the country 15 years after he retires. They are not even doing it now ffs. Outside of (some) United fans they'd rather talk about Lampard or Jordan Henderson.

Unread 17-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. Boban, who played for AC Milan for 11 years and won four Serie A titles and one Champions League, said: 'Fellaini can't play football. Seriously he can't play football,' reported the Daily Mirror

Legend.

Unread 17-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Stickman

So Carrick gets lots of praise does he?

If anything Carrick is marmite to football supporters, splits opinion in most discussions.

Unread 17-01-2015, 09:08 AM
puressence

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ighlight=boban tbh prefer my thread from 2006 on the greatman

Unread 17-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Throw

Love going out for pints with the boys and talking about the best players the world has ever seen.

Unread 17-01-2015, 09:24 AM
forzagarza

Often hear people saying bob on but they are probably saying carrick and I've misheard them

Unread 17-01-2015, 09:24 AM
thrush

Very Red Cafeish type thread and posts to be fair

Unread 17-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Love going out for pints with the boys and talking about the best players the world has ever seen.
And getting wound up about early 90s midfielders.

Unread 17-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw

3am getting back from the gig and chat with the lads, taking it to the after party on the forum... Subliminal days..
Closed Thread