United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:15 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPY
Zlatan is up there with Ronaldo and Messi. But yes not many worldies around.
I love the big man but I don't think so, he probably does tbf.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
I love the big man but I don't think so, he probably does tbf.
I'm sure he does

But yeah his appeal is more bantztastic and based on the amazing things he can do, rather than what he does routinely week after week like Them Other Two.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
PIMPY

Zlatan has scored 23 goals in his last 25 international caps and 145 goals for AC and PSG in 190 appearences.. Plus he easily has the best collection of goals ever. Top Top player.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:22 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
All over social media now you see all sorts of #@&%!heads worshipping Ronaldo, all support teams like aston villa or Wolves who were only too happy to boo the £#%&! out of him when he was at United and call him an over-rated cheat.
This is very true.

I knew quite a few Utd fans who thought he was a show pony for way too long. Surely Ronaldo is the acid test of one's sageness. Basically anyone who didn't call it when he came on against Bolton that he - at the very, very least - was going to be well worth the money paid for him, well their views are just not worth hearing.

I say this as someone who did indeed call it right with him. My other notable successes on immediately calling it right on great players are many. The two that still haunt me are Matt Jansen (will be England's all time leading scorer) and Frank Lampard (Chelsea have been had, he'll end up at Leyton Orient). Apart from those two blemishes I'm well happy with my talent spotting.

(for the record, Laporte will be better than Hummels - and I REALLY rate Mats)

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
This is very true.

I knew quite a few Utd fans who thought he was a show pony for way too long. Surely Ronaldo is the acid test of one's sageness. Basically anyone who didn't call it when he came on against Bolton that he - at the very, very least - was going to be well worth the money paid for him, well their views are just not worth hearing.

I say this as someone who did indeed call it right with him. My other notable successes on immediately calling it right on great players are many. The two that still haunt me are Matt Jansen (will be England's all time leading scorer) and Frank Lampard (Chelsea have been had, he'll end up at Leyton Orient). Apart from those two blemishes I'm well happy with my talent spotting.

(for the record, Laporte will be better than Hummels - and I REALLY rate Mats)
Don't think we'll be signing either of those but still, very

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:27 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Don't think we'll be signing either of those but still, very
In fairness, you don't need any more defenders. World class goalkeeping cover (Valdes as cover FFS!) and Gaz Bale should just about do it.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
In fairness, you don't need any more defenders. World class goalkeeping cover (Valdes as cover FFS!) and Gaz Bale should just about do it.
FWIW re: Ronaldo. I think a lot of people knew exactly how good he was but they couldn't bear to admit it due to spite and being rabidly anti-united. The booing and grief he got at grounds around the country was only comparable to David Beckham in 1998. It was so utterly predictable and pretty much summed up the kind of tabloid-fed moronic sheepish mentality of football fans around this country. Scream abuse at him, but get out your camera phone when he comes to take a corner.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
FWIW re: Ronaldo. I think a lot of people knew exactly how good he was but they couldn't bear to admit it due to spite and being rabidly anti-united. The booing and grief he got at grounds around the country was only comparable to David Beckham in 1998. It was so utterly predictable and pretty much summed up the kind of tabloid-fed moronic sheepish mentality of football fans around this country. Scream abuse at him, but get out your camera phone when he comes to take a corner.
It wasn't just the ABU thing though, plenty of reds were saying it too.

He's a hard bloke to warm to really even when he's on your side, not hard to explain why, he's not exactly gifted with easy-going charm Jesus what a player though.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Sparky***

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
I agree. He got pilloried for going down but he was one of the most fouled players in the game. I think much the same about Hazard now. He gets defenders trying to bring him down all game, fair means or foul, he stays up far more than he goes down but when he does go down you get the lazy view put across that he's 'got form'. If someone like Clint Hill spent 90 minutes hacking at me I'd be throwing myself over in the tunnel trying to get them sent off.

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
All over social media now you see all sorts of #@&%!heads worshipping Ronaldo, all support teams like aston villa or Wolves who were only too happy to boo the £#%&! out of him when he was at United and call him an over-rated cheat.
They should be reminded of that at every opportunity

Unread 12-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I agree. He got pilloried for going down but he was one of the most fouled players in the game. I think much the same about Hazard now. He gets defenders trying to bring him down all game, fair means or foul, he stays up far more than he goes down but when he does go down you get the lazy view put across that he's 'got form'. If someone like Clint Hill spent 90 minutes hacking at me I'd be throwing myself over in the tunnel trying to get them sent off.
Yeah, the worst was in the manchester derby one year when michael ball stamped on his chest. The whole furore about it started because we played middlesbrough one year in the fa cup and he went down easy to get a pen, Gareth Southgate got on tv and had a good old moan about it and then it was open season...

I also think Hazard is a fantastic player. The closest thing to messi when he's on the ball.

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Tiberian

There was one early Ronaldo game at Charlton when they clearly decided to just chop him down constantly. Refs did not know how to deal with it, this flashy pretty boy with the dancing feet, jeered from the stands, on the end of some disgraceful challenges.

Even in that game you could tell he had the mental toughness, years before he physically matured, but he kept getting up and demanding the ball again despite all the abuse. Someone like Reyes was incapable of that level of courage.

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:23 PM
signed dc

Thumbs up

Sepp's there, with his lovely wife, Fanny

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:28 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc

If ever the world were in need of a couple of muzzies with AK47s

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
There was one early Ronaldo game at Charlton when they clearly decided to just chop him down constantly. Refs did not know how to deal with it, this flashy pretty boy with the dancing feet, jeered from the stands, on the end of some disgraceful challenges.

Even in that game you could tell he had the mental toughness, years before he physically matured, but he kept getting up and demanding the ball again despite all the abuse. Someone like Reyes was incapable of that level of courage.
kitchenchef or whatever his name was kicked the shit out of him all afternoon.

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:33 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc

Looking gorgeous as ever. His missus isn't bad either

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Sparky***

bbc getting in on some BANTS. Btw the Jurejko bloke doing the timeline is a £#%&!ing leeds fan.

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Arnold Muhren

Kate Abdo is a 10 out of 10 and she speaks as many languages as well!

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
PIMPY

Hahah Iniesta has been shite for about two years now. How does he keep getting picked in these world 11's?
Closed Thread