United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not a single positive to pull from yesterday and it's the most disappointed I've been under this regime. Overall a bizarre game with crap decision making.

So far we're on track for the season and bumps are to be expected. Almost as if we didn't have shit on a stick like this under Ferguson. Confidence is still fully engrained and imo top 4 is on.
Oh we had some shockers under Fergie, some really bad performances but he tried to make things happen during the game at times.

That's the most frustrating thing from vG so far, he refuses to throw everything to win the game. Where's the fun in drawing when you have the chance for 3 points?

Maybe we're just spoilt after decades of success. The highlight of this season was the last minute equalizer against Chelsea for me, because it felt like the good old days.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Clarkie

The days of Sharpe, Giggs, Kan Kan and Becks even seem so far away now....

£#%&!ing hell, I'd love a bit of adventure in our play

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Alan

Quote:
Not a single positive to pull from yesterday and it's the most disappointed I've been under this regime. Overall a bizarre game with crap decision making.

So far we're on track for the season and bumps are to be expected. Almost as if we didn't have shit on a stick like this under Ferguson. Confidence is still fully engrained and imo top 4 is on.
The last couple of years were bad, but tbf he wasn't given an open cheque book like this bloke. His teams were never this boring though, and they at least tried to win games. This team seems happy to draw games, as long as they don't give the ball away or take any risks in case it upsets the manager.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Oh we had some shockers under Fergie, some really bad performances but he tried to make things happen during the game at times.

That's the most frustrating thing from vG so far, he refuses to throw everything to win the game. Where's the fun in drawing when you have the chance for 3 points?

Maybe we're just spoilt after decades of success. The highlight of this season was the last minute equalizer against Chelsea for me, because it felt like the good old days.
We could have emulated the Chelsea game but he took off a game winner in ADM because he was playing like a @#%&!.

We need a safe season. I think we're getting just that

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I am a van gaal fan but if he contrives to make us finish outside the top 4 in this shitty league, with that level of funding and quality squad - I don't see how he would survive.
Stability would be the argument, bring another new manager in and at this point next season we could very well be having the same discussions about patience and time being required, probably a new group of players having to settle in.

Top 4 should be the bare minimum expected of a Utd manager, still think it will happen.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
We could have emulated the Chelsea game but he took off a game winner in ADM because he was playing like a @#%&!.

We need a safe season. I think we're getting just that
He didn't make any subs that day did he?

Said it in other threads, you don't take off match winners and he's done it a number of times with Di Maria this season. Falcao at Stoke FFS.

Our away form is £#%&!ing rotten, we need big performances and having seen the fixtures I'm not confident.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Stability would be the argument, bring another new manager in and at this point next season we could very well be having the same discussions about patience and time being required, probably a new group of players having to settle in.

Top 4 should be the bare minimum expected of a Utd manager, still think it will happen.
Eddie Wood told investors, sponsors, shareholders or whatever you wanna call them, that top 3 is the minimum expected this year.....

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
The last couple of years were bad, but tbf he wasn't given an open cheque book like this bloke. His teams were never this boring though, and they at least tried to win games. This team seems happy to draw games, as long as they don't give the ball away or take any risks in case it upsets the manager.
Agreed. It's not as if he broke the transfer record about 3 times is it.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He didn't make any subs that day did he?

Said it in other threads, you don't take off match winners and he's done it a number of times with Di Maria this season. Falcao at Stoke FFS.

Our away form is £#%&!ing rotten, we need big performances and having seen the fixtures I'm not confident.
How many matches has Di Maria the match winner won us this season exactly?

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How many matches has Di Maria the match winner won us this season exactly?
Less than Mata. Who is useless apparently.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:46 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Less than Mata. Who is useless apparently.

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Agreed. It's not as if he broke the transfer record about 3 times is it.
Yeah it's not as if he sold Ronaldo and had to replace him with Valencia and Owen on a free is it?

United were 4th behind the vermin city and chelsea in premier league spending under Frogson. Which just shows how little he spent comparatively if he broke the transfer record 3 times and was still behind them.

van Gaal virtually doubled the maximum Frog spent on one player straight away on di maria ffs

Unread 12-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Yeah it's not as if he sold Ronaldo and had to replace him with Valencia and Owen on a free is it?

United were 4th behind the vermin city and chelsea in premier league spending under Frogson. Which just shows how little he spent comparatively if he broke the transfer record 3 times and was still behind them.

van Gaal virtually doubled the maximum Frog spent on one player straight away on di maria ffs
"Had to replace him with valencia and owen".

Yep, he had no choice but to do that.

Unread 12-01-2015, 07:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Oh I agree entirely, but I honestly think finishing behind Arsenal and Spurs would be unforgivable. Let's not even speak about Southampton who are doing just fine with what is a settled side and formation from day one despite loads of new signings.

Finishing outside the top 4 this season, considering the opposition, our squad, spending and the financial implications of missing out on the new cl kitty. He would be toast.

Unread 12-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Oh I agree entirely, but I honestly think finishing behind Arsenal and Spurs would be unforgivable. Let's not even speak about Southampton who are doing just fine with what is a settled side and formation from day one despite loads of new signings.

Finishing outside the top 4 this season, considering the opposition, our squad, spending and the financial implications of missing out on the new cl kitty. He would be toast.
£#%&! knows who we'd replace him with. Simeone? Or would it just be giggs

Unread 12-01-2015, 07:21 PM
ashtonred

We now have a combo ....

Philosophy and match rhythm..

Sick of this bullshit

Unread 12-01-2015, 07:26 PM
PIMPY

If we finish outside top 4(which is impossible this season) Simeone would be a good appointment tbf. I think we can get Jose as well if we went for him.

Unread 12-01-2015, 07:30 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPY
If we finish outside top 4(which is impossible this season) Simeone would be a good appointment tbf. I think we can get Jose as well if we went for him.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing .....

Unread 12-01-2015, 08:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&! knows who we'd replace him with. Simeone? Or would it just be giggs
Hard to say not to the greasy all black everything rocking legend. We'd also have a team with balls.

Unread 12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Hard to say not to the greasy all black everything rocking legend. We'd also have a team with balls.
Love Simeone
Closed Thread