United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2015, 09:15 AM
PIMPY

Default Louis van Gaal's Philosophy

jeddavies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Louis-Van-Gaal-interview.pdf

Found an old interview of Big Louis and this part is particularly concerning IMO

(P.D.S) - What risks should be taken by a top team?

(L. van Gaal) - No risk. You have to avoid the risk. That’s your organization defensively... and that's why.... for example, Mourinho win's a lot...
because he always has a very good defensive organization... so you have to avoid risk... So when you are in attack you have to think to defend...

(P.D.S) - Exactly... it's one of the questions that I gone do... but when you attack you increase the risks to lose the ball?

(L. van Gaal) -Yes... it's true, because when you attack you take always risk because have a big space behind you... so that's true...because of that you need defensively thinking when you attack...

Perhaps this would explain the low amount of chances we are creating this season.

And please I'm not a troll just not happy with our attacking display this season.

I think the next manger will benefit from LvG's time here. He's a very good coach for teaching the players the basic's and drilling tactical awareness in players but we'll need another top coach like Pep to take us to the next level IMHO.

Unread 12-01-2015, 09:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPY

Found an old interview of Big Louis and this part is particularly concerning IMO

(L. van Gaal) - No risk. You have to avoid the risk. That’s your organization defensively... and that's why.... for example, Mourinho win's a lot...
because he always has a very good defensive organization... so you have to avoid risk... So when you are in attack you have to think to defend...

(P.D.S) - Exactly... it's one of the questions that I gone do... but when you attack you increase the risks to lose the ball?

(L. van Gaal) -Yes... it's true, because when you attack you take always risk because have a big space behind you... so that's true...because of that you need defensively thinking when you attack...

Perhaps this would explain the low amount of chances we are creating this season.

And please I'm not a troll just not happy with our attacking display this season.

I think the next manger will benefit from LvG's time here. He's a very good coach for teaching the players the basic's and drilling tactical awareness in players but we'll need another top coach like Pep to take us to the next level IMHO.
Definitely an interview translated with precise accuracy.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Doctor Hver

Attack win games and defence win championships we have nether right now despite 150 milion pund spent.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:07 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
Attack win games and defence win championships we have nether right now despite 150 milion pund spent.
Why aren't Southampton winning the league then?

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:10 PM
red @rmy

He's not a gambler.
That's the problem. He needs to release them from the rigid formation and let them free.
Doubt we'll get many late goals under Louis.

He needs to take the risk. I'd rather see us going for the win and lose one nil than keep possession so his stats man can sleep at night .

It's £#%&!ing boring!!!

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:14 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPY

He's been here 7 months you dick.

The problem with some fans is that they expect immediate success. I takes time to introduce an entirely new formation and style of play, as well introducing your own players.

That would apply to any manager with what we have got at the moment.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:18 PM
ChairmanMao

How the £#%&!ity £#%&!ing £#%&! do you end up playing the dogshit football we've played this season with RvP, Rooney and Falcao with Mata and Di Maria to supply the ball? I thought we'd be battering teams, swaggering round the league knocking teams on their arse, instead it's like last season except with hope.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
He's not a gambler.
That's the problem. He needs to release them from the rigid formation and let them free.
Doubt we'll get many late goals under Louis.

He needs to take the risk. I'd rather see us going for the win and lose one nil than keep possession so his stats man can sleep at night .

It's £#%&!ing boring!!!
This. Dull on and off the pitch.

Perhaps we're becoming a modern team with a modern manager though?

Nobody takes risks anymore, continue with winning the possession and talk about it like it's a good thing after the game after a draw or defeat. "draws better than a defeat", no bigger buzz than a last minute goal.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Definitely an interview translated with precise accuracy.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Why aren't Southampton winning the league then?
Their attack is average but they are 3rd based on being a very solid unit.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
They are. Pretty chuffed for Koeman, think he's done a superb job.

"Defences win Championship" though?

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:34 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
£#%&! me can you imagine where in the league we'd be with Graziano Pelle up front? The rest of the league would be pissing themselves.

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
They are. Pretty chuffed for Koeman, think he's done a superb job.

"Defences win Championship" though?

Yeah they kinda do... as in, you generally need one to win a championship.

Genuinely baffled as to why you can't grasp the phrase

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:30 PM
MUFCOK

We were playing good attacking football earlier on, then got his fingers burnt at Leicester away and he's gone completely the other way.

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:33 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
We were playing good attacking football earlier on, then got his fingers burnt at Leicester away and he's gone completely the other way.
Agree.

The Burnley performance was superb, who could forget the inspiring 1-1 draw at Sunderland or the superb attacking defeat at home to Swansea (all with three at the back)

QPR, Hull and Spurs first half. The rest have been shite (we were okay 2nd half against West Brom mind you)

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Agree.

The Burnley performance was superb, who could forget the inspiring 1-1 draw at Sunderland or the superb attacking defeat at home to Swansea (all with three at the back)

QPR, Hull and Spurs first half. The rest have been shite (we were okay 2nd half against West Brom mind you)
Well the first 3 games he didn't have any of his signings available, Di Maria, Falcao and Blind hadn't signed. Rojo didn't have a work permit and Shaw was injured.

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:42 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
Well the first 3 games he didn't have any of his signings available, Di Maria, Falcao and Blind hadn't signed. Rojo didn't have a work permit and Shaw was injured.
Still had attacking players at the club.

Majority were shipped out and replaced with more players he was unable to gel together under his three at the back system.

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Ethers

Jesus Christ, TBR has completely thrown his toys out of the pram hasn't he?

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:47 PM
macawber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid napper
He's been here 7 months you dick.

The problem with some fans is that they expect immediate success. I takes time to introduce an entirely new formation and style of play, as well introducing your own players.

That would apply to any manager with what we have got at the moment.
I agree up to a point, however is it not fair to expect some form of entertainment whilst teaching the players 'his philosophy'?
He spent £100M in the summer FFS and plays 3 at the back where it is obvious that none of the defenders are capable of that formation and the rest of the team do not get it either.

Bring it in slowly, no one in the real world walks into a job and changes everything in the first few weeks ... he £#%&!ing has for the worse. Moyes 2.

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jesus Christ, TBR has completely thrown his toys out of the pram hasn't he?
No, it's okay to question a manager who seems to be making more problems than solving.

Happened last year.
Closed Thread