United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:49 PM
saffers

Default Van Gaal chasing games away, major issue now IMO

Sorry but that is the main reason behind our pitiful away record. Poor subs, poor attacking intent. We didn't have a shot on target second half. This is happening time after time away from home. Even in the games we won, 2 shots v soton, 2 goals. 3 shots v Arsenal, 2 goals. The other results show these two wins were indeed flukes.

Look at the situations away at Sunderland 1-1, Burnley 0-0, WBA 2-2, Villa 1-1, Spurs 0-0 and todays draw at Stoke. So many points pissed up the wall in games where you would always fancy united to win from certain situations. Heck, even just turning 3 of those games from draws to wins would be acceptable even though we should have won them all.

This goes beyond injury problems. Van Gaal is a top coach but this is a clear flaw so far in his career in England. And the main reason we won't win the league or god forbid fail to qualify for europe(if we start fuking up at home again).

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sorry but that is the main reason behind our pitiful away record. Poor subs, poor attacking intent. We didn't have a shot on target second half. This is happening time after time away from home. Even in the games we won, 2 shots v soton, 2 goals. 3 shots v Arsenal, 2 goals. The other results show these two wins were indeed flukes.

Look at the situations away at Sunderland 1-1, Burnley 0-0, WBA 2-2, Villa 1-1, Spurs 0-0 and todays draw at Stoke. So many points pissed up the wall in games where you would always fancy united to win from certain situations. Heck, even just turning 3 of those games from draws to wins would be acceptable even though we should have won them all.

This goes beyond injury problems. Van Gaal is a top coach but this is a clear flaw so far in his career in England. And the main reason we won't win the league or god forbid fail to qualify for europe(if we start fuking up at home again).
He'll learn. Some people got it into their stupid heads that we were going to challenge for the league this season, despite the circumstances being totally unrealistic. We're still on target for our top 4 finish, with our key injured players starting to come back.

If we can get di maria in form for the last 4 months of the season we'll be a different team.

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Jethro

Would help to have our pacey £60 million attacking outlet fit and available

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
red in cumbria

Drawing at West Brom and Villa is utterly pisspoor, no getting away from it. Moyes £#%&!ing won those FFS

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Drawing at West Brom and Villa is utterly pisspoor, no getting away from it. Moyes £#%&!ing won those FFS
Change the £#%&!ing record

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
moyes also lost at home to liverpool, newcastle and everton.

He also lost away to stoke.

What's your point.

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Not too worried. It's a work in progress and it's going in the right direction.

Have to take into account the lack of pace he has upfront too.

Unread 01-01-2015, 03:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

What's your point.
That our away record under LvG - who I generally like and rate - isn't anywhere near good enough?

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Thats meaningless. Worse managers than moyes even beat fergie in a game once. Completely irrelevant. Actually see this moyes obsession of yours quite clearly. Can't be healthy.

My problem with lvg is the constant 5-3-2 when we've not once away from home played reasonable football with it bar a half against spurs(maybe its that famous half against spurs that throb always banged on about).

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Wez

24 points from the last 30.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
That our away record under LvG - who I generally like and rate - isn't anywhere near good enough?
It's not great but I seem to remember our away form in 2010/11 was awful as well.

It was shit today but we didn't lose and we're still in the top 3 so our target is still on.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:03 PM
ashtonred

Quote:

What's your point.
You should have been a barrister.

That´s floored him - impossible to get up from that

carlosartorial

Quote:
Shut up, ric.

marlo

saffers i agree with you.
the problem is a lot of people due to hating moyes so much have decided lvg can do no wrong.
one forumista wrote me a essay with a lot of footballing generalisations mixed in with bullshit explaining what lvg has changed since joining us.
he hasn't changed much. the general opinion is that we are a possession based team...our front 6 give the ball as much any in the league. passing the ball back to de tea a few times is not possession based. go and watch bayern or chelsea if you want to see possession based football.
if anything the one thing we are this season is less ambitious in terms of attacking. its almost...and i mean almost as if we don't see every game as 'must win'

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Thats meaningless. Worse managers than moyes even beat fergie in a game once. Completely irrelevant. Actually see this moyes obsession of yours quite clearly. Can't be healthy
I'm over him - honest

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
24 points from the last 30.
Absolutely but 3 draws from the last 3 aways. Two of them so, so winnable. When put together with the rest of our away record its just so frustrating and starting to become a main theme of the season. If it continues it could jeopardise our cl hopes.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Szekely

Quote:
He'll learn. Some people got it into their stupid heads that we were going to challenge for the league this season, despite the circumstances being totally unrealistic. We're still on target for our top 4 finish, with our key injured players starting to come back.

If we can get di maria in form for the last 4 months of the season we'll be a different team.

This.

As he says, it's process. And that process includes him. He's learning how difficult it is to control matches and make chance away from home.

I think we're making steady improvements and there are still improvements to be made to the squad and the first eleven.

People are getting carried away with these results in terms of where they're leaving us. They're bad results if we have title ambitions, but I've never thought we have. They're reminders that we're a working progress and not there yet. I expect us to win these games this time next year.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
saffers i agree with you.
the problem is a lot of people due to hating moyes so much have decided lvg can do no wrong.
one forumista wrote me a essay with a lot of footballing generalisations mixed in with bullshit explaining what lvg has changed since joining us.
he hasn't changed much. the general opinion is that we are a possession based team...our front 6 give the ball as much any in the league. passing the ball back to de tea a few times is not possession based. go and watch bayern or chelsea if you want to see possession based football.
if anything the one thing we are this season is less ambitious in terms of attacking. its almost...and i mean almost as if we don't see every game as 'must win'
Or it's almost as if we've got a striker playing midfield infront of 3 average defenders and average wingers playing as wing backs....it's almost like we've had about 60 £#%&!ing injuries since the beginning of the season and a our record star signing may as well be driving the team bus for all we've seen of him.

It's almost like people aren't willing to sit back see the situation for what it is and place unrealistic expectations on United because they've been spoon fed a diet of watching Man City every week.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Doctor Hver

LVG is NO SAF we should keep that in mind.

Unread 01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Absolutely but 3 draws from the last 3 aways. Two of them so, so winnable. When put together with the rest of our away record its just so frustrating and starting to become a main theme of the season. If it continues it could jeopardise our cl hopes.
This.

Yes its a work in progress and I never expected to win the league this season, but we *need* to do better away. Win at QPR you shit@#%&!s, please
Closed Thread