United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Sparky***

Biblical levels of hype over this one. Only one i can remember recently that compares to this is the one at the end of the 2012 season at the Etihad.

Losing doesn't bear thinking about because it'll be a huge boost for whoever wins.

Seriously though United need to pull their finger out in these derbies at Old Trafford. 1 win against City in 5 years is not good enough.

Unread 09-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, and that will never change
Not entirely true....been discussed many many times which is the bigger game, depends on personal factors.

Unread 09-09-2016, 07:20 PM
believe

First time I've spent the previous night feeling sick about a game. We should batter the @#%&!s but getting to the point where my over-optimism feels like I'm in for a big down fall. Love loving united again

Unread 09-09-2016, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, its almost gone too smoothly so far

Unread 09-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
First time I've spent the previous night feeling sick about a game. We should batter the @#%&!s but getting to the point where my over-optimism feels like I'm in for a big down fall. Love loving united again
The past 3 years have just been one false dawn after another followed by a swift kick in the %@#$&!s over and over....

Good start but i don't blame you for feeling that way.

Unread 09-09-2016, 07:30 PM
d_knight

Get your acts together u whiny bastards.
Would u rather it was moyes' united or lvg's United.
Be strong. Have faith.
We will crush these @#%&!s.

Unread 09-09-2016, 08:58 PM
sa7

I've got trust in Mourinho.

If there's one thing he's good at it's compartmentalising the hype around a big game and getting his players focused purely on the task of winning the match.

We seem to have a team with a strong spine, both in terms of the personnel and their collective mentality. I'm hoping that the days of us shitting ourselves in big games are going to be a thing of the past.

If there's one thing you can say about Guardiola, aside from the usual waxing lyrical, you always know how his team is going to play. It's rare that they ever come out and surprise you. Stopping them is a different matter but I'm convinced that in Mourinho we have a manager who is the best in the world (along with probably Simeone) at identifying the chief threats of an opponent and nullifying them.

Chuck in the likes of Martial, Mkhitaryan, Rashers, Lingard and even Valencia then it's hard to argue that we haven't got the pace to hurt City when all their lovely possession breaks down in our half of the pitch.

We've got defenders who are quick, intelligent and physically capable.

We've got a midfield with steel, technical ability and tactical discipline.

We've got attackers who are fast, physical and above all know where the goal is.

Chuck in the undoubted world's finest goalkeeper and I see absolutely no reason for us to fear City.

If we lose, we lose. But unlike in other years they will have to turn up and work their £#%&!ing %@#$&!s off to have any hope of getting anything from the game. We will give them nothing for free.

United

Unread 09-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Get your acts together u whiny bastards.
Would u rather it was moyes' united or lvg's United.
Be strong. Have faith.
We will crush these @#%&!s.
To be fair I don't think it's the Internet reds that have needed to get their acts together since 2013.

Like I said, one win against them since 2011 at Old Trafford.

Unread 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The past 3 years have just been one false dawn after another followed by a swift kick in the %@#$&!s over and over....

Sounds like my marriage.

COME ON UNITED!!!

Unread 09-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Sounds like my marriage.

Unread 09-09-2016, 09:34 PM
dragflick

Big Memph'...

Probably won't even make the squad tbh.

Unread 09-09-2016, 10:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

There were no false dawns under Moyes. Only real darkness. Makes the Van Gaal days more galling in retrospect, but yeah. We've started pretty well this season but this is the first big test. Hope we're up to it

Unread 09-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I've got trust in Mourinho.

If there's one thing he's good at it's compartmentalising the hype around a big game and getting his players focused purely on the task of winning the match.

We seem to have a team with a strong spine, both in terms of the personnel and their collective mentality. I'm hoping that the days of us shitting ourselves in big games are going to be a thing of the past.

If there's one thing you can say about Guardiola, aside from the usual waxing lyrical, you always know how his team is going to play. It's rare that they ever come out and surprise you. Stopping them is a different matter but I'm convinced that in Mourinho we have a manager who is the best in the world (along with probably Simeone) at identifying the chief threats of an opponent and nullifying them.

Chuck in the likes of Martial, Mkhitaryan, Rashers, Lingard and even Valencia then it's hard to argue that we haven't got the pace to hurt City when all their lovely possession breaks down in our half of the pitch.

We've got defenders who are quick, intelligent and physically capable.

We've got a midfield with steel, technical ability and tactical discipline.

We've got attackers who are fast, physical and above all know where the goal is.

Chuck in the undoubted world's finest goalkeeper and I see absolutely no reason for us to fear City.

If we lose, we lose. But unlike in other years they will have to turn up and work their £#%&!ing balls off to have any hope of getting anything from the game. We will give them nothing for free.

United
Rep

Unread 10-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not entirely true....been discussed many many times which is the bigger game, depends on personal factors.
Even if you didn't go to school with city fans, if you experienced the 5-1 gloating followed by the 5-0 revenge... 1-6 the van persie and scholes winners at Maine Road

I'm worse when we play city nqat.
Closed Thread