United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2017, 05:12 PM
plopborsky

squad rotation has not been good enough but I will say this flying around and traveling all the time takes its toll on you, nqat. My job last year I was all over the US 3 days a week back and forth it was a £#%&!ing @#%&!. Mentally after about 9-12 months of it I was starting to go ape shit.

Travel £#%&!s with your shit long days in airports then random hotels I £#%&!ing hated it. It's not a woe is me tale but more that if you played just one game a week and you don't have to £#%&! around traveling all over like we have done then I can see why the team is looking £#%&!ed added to the lack of good rotation.

I would have played de german last night nqat

Unread 17-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Sparky***

Unread 17-03-2017, 06:18 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing love him

Unread 17-03-2017, 06:31 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
squad rotation has not been good enough but I will say this flying around and traveling all the time takes its toll on you, nqat. My job last year I was all over the US 3 days a week back and forth it was a £#%&!ing c***. Mentally after about 9-12 months of it I was starting to go ape shit.

Travel £#%&!s with your shit long days in airports then random hotels I £#%&!ing hated it. It's not a woe is me tail but more that if you played just one game a week and you don't have to £#%&! around traveling all over like we have done then I can see why the team is looking £#%&!ed added to the lack of good rotation.

I would have played de german last night nqat
Not sure if you're serious but it is ridiculous that we've got Bastian £#%&!ing Schweinsteiger and we won't give him more than a brief run out in cup ties. surely he can do a job against a side like Middlesbrough?

Unread 17-03-2017, 06:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Not sure if you're serious but it is ridiculous that we've got Bastian £#%&!ing Schweinsteiger and we won't give him more than a brief run out in cup ties. surely he can do a job against a side like Middlesbrough?
seriously I would have played him last night

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:02 PM
jem

Quote:
It's always amused me how people seem to want to compare top level athletes getting fatigued to regular everyday working people being a bit tired after working.

It's hardly the same. It's like watching a boxer going to the 10th round of a boxing match struggling and going "£#%&!ing hell he's only got to fight for 3 mins at a time, i have to work for 8 hours down in the warehouse"...

the pressure and intensity to perform at top level sport is all about tiny margins. It's why they have £#%&!ing sports scientists and drug cheats. The difference between winning a losing is in the details.

United last night got by simply on organisation because physically several of them looked totally spent. You may not like it, you may not wish to acknowledge it but it happens and it's fairly common when you're dealing with athletes at the top of their sport. Paul Pogba got to the final of the Euros in the summer, had minimal time off and then has played a season's worth of games by early March...it's no wonder his £#%&!ing hamstring gave out. In fact, he's looked distinctly below-par for at least a month.

I can totally envisage a scenario where we're going into games in late April having to rest players in the league to concentrate on Europe.
that's a bit harsh. when I'm trying to put together a business case for a screening committee and the senior guys are only prepared to read one or two sides of a4, it's all about tiny margins too.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's a bit harsh. when I'm trying to put together a business case for a screening committee and the senior guys are only prepared to read one or two sides of a4, it's all about tiny margins too.
I'll bet that gets a huge laugh down at the golf club doesn't it.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Wenger, Benitez, Keegan and even Mourinho have been destroyed on here in the past for complaining about fixture congestion.
Fergie was always going on about it ffs.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:38 PM
jem

Quote:
I'll bet that gets a huge laugh down at the golf club doesn't it.
golf?

golf?

I've got some hole in one jokes that I've never used, I can tell you.

and some about irons and woods.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:50 PM
dunk

Not using and getting some worth out of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Memphis, Shaw, Young (until recently) Fosu-Mensah etc. Has been a mistake. All could have been useful if given game time and opportunity.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not using and getting some worth out of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Memphis, Shaw, Young (until recently) Fosu-Mensah etc. Has been a mistake. All could have been useful if given game time and opportunity.
The fact those two got sold suggests, not very.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Poor old united players. Paid absolute fortunes and wallowing in 6th and struggling to beat dross on a regular basis. Tired can gtf.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:47 PM
armchair

Quote:
It's always amused me how people seem to want to compare top level athletes getting fatigued to regular everyday working people being a bit tired after working.

It's hardly the same. It's like watching a boxer going to the 10th round of a boxing match struggling and going "£#%&!ing hell he's only got to fight for 3 mins at a time, i have to work for 8 hours down in the warehouse"...

the pressure and intensity to perform at top level sport is all about tiny margins. It's why they have £#%&!ing sports scientists and drug cheats. The difference between winning a losing is in the details.

United last night got by simply on organisation because physically several of them looked totally spent. You may not like it, you may not wish to acknowledge it but it happens and it's fairly common when you're dealing with athletes at the top of their sport. Paul Pogba got to the final of the Euros in the summer, had minimal time off and then has played a season's worth of games by early March...it's no wonder his £#%&!ing hamstring gave out. In fact, he's looked distinctly below-par for at least a month.

I can totally envisage a scenario where we're going into games in late April having to rest players in the league to concentrate on Europe.
yeah but what about a nurse or junior doctor doing an 18 hour shift for a fraction of the wages...answer me that before you cry in defence of those over paid so-called 'athletes'

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The fact those two got sold suggests, not very.
Still could have got much more use out of them rather than flogging the usual suspects and then sold them. Or even kept them until summer and then sold them.

Not replacing them in any way was a bit daft too.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Swagger

We've chased too many games this season, haven't been able to bring people off early.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:58 PM
jem

jo-mo certainly could have learned something about timmeh, got shaw fit by playing and could have relied on schweini and carrick more - obvs, he sees their lack of running as a weakness, but he should maybe try playing a midfield that doesn't need two superhumans we don't have. he runs the risk that he will have to rely on his cast-offs at some point and they won't be ready thanks to him.

imagine if moyes had said we should be happy with a point at boro.

Unread 17-03-2017, 10:14 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
We've chased too many games this season, haven't been able to bring people off early.

Unread 17-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
jo-mo certainly could have learned something about timmeh, got shaw fit by playing and could have relied on schweini and carrick more - obvs, he sees their lack of running as a weakness, but he should maybe try playing a midfield that doesn't need two superhumans we don't have. he runs the risk that he will have to rely on his cast-offs at some point and they won't be ready thanks to him.

imagine if moyes had said we should be happy with a point at boro.
Imagine if Moyes had become the first manchester united manager to win a trophy in his first season in charge...imagine if moyes had taken United to the final stages of 3 cup competitions.. Imagine if Moyes had presided over an unbeaten run in the league stretching back 6 months and 17 games...

the proof as ever is in the pudding.

Unread 17-03-2017, 10:38 PM
dunk

Moyes got us to the QF's of the CL first season tbf.

Unread 17-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Moyes got us to the QF's of the CL first season tbf.
With a title winning squad that fergie left him, no less. What a guy.
Closed Thread