United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Could not give a flying £#%&! tbh. He's been brilliant for us considering his age but we are still £#%&!ing 6th. 6th ffs!!

Not arsed either way. Same goes for virtually the entire squad. Absolute no marks in the main.
Still of the same opinion. We need some pace, power and penetration up front. We need a new approach. Get Mbappe in and buy Sanchez and Kane or another top level centre forward.

The group needs freshening up. If Rooney and Zlat go in the summer so be it.

Unread 16-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Still of the same opinion. We need some pace, power and penetration up front. We need a new approach. Get Mbappe in and buy Sanchez and Kane or another top level centre forward.

Agree with this, we really need a plan b in terms of style of play. But if we manage him right there should still be a big role for Zlat next season albeit not starting every game. The bigger concern is losing one of the few personalities we have, Smalling is captain ffs

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:

I'm with you. He's done very well on the goals but I think he's the wrong focal point for us. I'd keep him around if it meant his role was reduced and we buy a Pacey striker to replace him. If he goes he goes.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

It depends who we get imo. If we let him go without anyone in place, we'll miss him, but if there is a deal for Griezman or someone who going to change the dynamic of how we play, then Zlatan will have served his purpose.

He won't play second fiddle either. Why should he at his age? It'll be him leading the line or he'll be gone. Can't see anything in between.

I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he rode off into the sunset with another trophy, 35 goals and we got Griezmann to replace him.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:32 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It depends who we get imo. If we let him go without anyone in place, we'll miss him, but if there is a deal for Griezman or someone who going to change the dynamic of how we play, then Zlatan will have served his purpose.

He won't play second fiddle either. Why should he at his age? It'll be him leading the line or he'll be gone. Can't see anything in between.

I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he rode off into the sunset with another trophy, 35 goals and we got Griezmann to replace him.
Griezmann isn't an out and out centre forward. We need a proper goal scoring centre forward with pace, power and presence who can also hold the ball up. We need about 5 top class first teamers again. No joke.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Can't see Mou playing Griezmann as a striker. In fact I'd be stunned.

Surely he loves the look of Mbappe. Might be a bit raw though.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Can't see Mou playing Griezmann as a striker. In fact I'd be stunned.

Surely he loves the look of Mbappe. Might be a bit raw though.
Martial - Mbappe - Rashers

Unread 17-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
. We need about 5 top class first teamers again. No joke.
We need 3 players and Shaw to play to the level most believe he is capable of.

de gea

Valencia bailly NEW CB shaw

Herrera NEW DM pogba

Milhi NEW CF martial

If the big signing in attack was greizman or bernard i'd even be happy to move martial into the middle.

Unread 17-03-2017, 12:55 PM
silv

Quote:
Griezmann isn't an out and out centre forward. We need a proper goal scoring centre forward with pace, power and presence who can also hold the ball up. We need about 5 top class first teamers again. No joke.
What about Lukaku? Strong as an ox and also got pace.

Unread 19-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Red Santos

The sooner we replace that walking wardrobe #IamZlatan with a quality centre-forward with a bit of mobility and pace the better for our general attacking play.

Unread 19-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
The sooner we replace that walking wardrobe #IamZlatan with a quality centre-forward with a bit of mobility and pace the better for our general attacking play.
Quilt
Closed Thread