United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, he was. But it didn't matter because we played well. Kinda the point.

If you want to keep thinking United finished 6th due to bad luck that's up to you. I find manic depressive crankiness can just as often involve delusion

Play well most weeks and you won't end the season focusing on luck or refs. Fact.
it didn't matter because he had no big calls to make and could therefore realistically only affect the flow of the game rather than the outcome.

Unread 15-08-2017, 05:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it didn't matter because he had no big calls to make and could therefore realistically only affect the flow of the game rather than the outcome.
If we had drawn the game I suspect his performance would be focused on more.

Shit refs are part of the deal. I highly doubt Mourinho bought into the idea of fake league positions and "what if six of those draws were wins" etc. They're good sound bites, but he's a winner. He will have known we just weren't good enough.

Unread 15-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Shit refs are part of the deal. I highly doubt Mourinho bought into the idea of fake league positions and "what if six of those draws were wins" etc. They're good sound bites, but he's a winner. He will have known we just weren't good enough.
While this is true, there is no doubting there were a few games last season where it was just pure bad luck/finishing that cost us

Rooney last season at the Emirates and the "finishing" in the EL semi final...£#%&!ing hell

Unread 15-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

just remind me, of all those drawn home games last season where literally everyone blamed us missing our chances which ones are you claiming have been blamed on bad refereeing?

Unread 15-08-2017, 06:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
While this is true, there is no doubting there were a few games last season where it was just pure bad luck/finishing that cost us

Rooney last season at the Emirates and the "finishing" in the EL semi final...£#%&!ing hell
That's the case every single season. There are games we should have won. Just like there were games - including the cup final at Wembley - where the other team feel they should have won. Across a season you end up roughly where you deserve to be.

Crying bad luck when you finish 6th is smalltime. We needed to improve a lot. Hopefully Sunday was the start.

Unread 15-08-2017, 06:38 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
bit early for the bong
You were probably supporting Chelsea that season

Unread 15-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You were probably supporting Chelsea that season
rochdale actually

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:39 AM
jem

anyone who thinks the only problem with jones is his injury record should watch the 3-0 v newcastle agaIn.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:43 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
anyone who thinks the only problem with jones is his injury record should watch the 3-0 v newcastle agaIn.

good header tbf.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

good header tbf.
I mean, that game was utterly appalling but its 5(?) years ago now

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Sweet FA

Quote:
That's the case every single season. There are games we should have won. Just like there were games - including the cup final at Wembley - where the other team feel they should have won. Across a season you end up roughly where you deserve to be.

Crying bad luck when you finish 6th is smalltime. We needed to improve a lot. Hopefully Sunday was the start.
You could see Utd getting stronger for the last 2 seasons ,but we always had a soft centre ,and when teams put the pressure on we have been all over the place , Matic is that player we badly needed to stay in there holding the ground ,and actually thrives on being pressured instead of wavering ,and he will make massive difference to Pogba's and Miki's performances , Lukaku also has power plus pace ,we are far more dangerous this time around, and all those player's stood out against West Ham ,Herrera will also benifit when played.
Closed Thread