United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Mourinho

Suprised me last night, his side were alot more attacking than i thought they would of been, scoring the early goal i expected them to sit tight until the 60/70th minute and then go for it but they actually played very well and went for it early in the 1st half.

It's obvious he wants the job when/if Fergie retires.

Anybody else warming to him?

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

He's not special anymore.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

It's obvious he wants the job when/if Fergie retires.

Anybody else warming to him?
He'll probably be looking for one soon

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
He'll probably be looking for one soon
Yup.

Don't think he's endeared himself to the inter fanss pimping himself to any big club he can and he's done no better than the last manager in the CL, which is why they brought him in.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
wiganste

He had no choice but attack. They needed to score, didn't. Tough shit, not good enough.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He had no choice but attack. They needed to score, didn't. Tough shit, not good enough.
Agreed. Their task yesterday was simple; score a goal. If anything they should have been more attacking because they could afford to concede a goal. They should have started with Adriano instead of Balotelli.

Wouldn't want Mourinho anywhere near Old Trafford.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
The Return of JC

In fairness to him, he was very gracious in defeat too. No bitching, no ref slagging. He bemoaned their missed chances, but confessed 'they are stronger than us'.

But over the two games, his Inter side were very poor. I was surprised.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
BarryX

now he's not at chelsea, I am warming to him. He's got more presence than just about any other manager in the modern game, and the fact he speaks both Portuguese and English (along with Premier League experience) puts him in pole position to take the reigns over the current squad.

I liked what he said he about the grounds man (?) if that's what how descirbe the position. That they're on first name terms. And I liked what he said about him essentially owing his career to Old Trafford. Top Red (nearly).

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Cow's opinion anyway, fergie's going nowhere for a long while.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
now he's not at chelsea, I am warming to him. He's got more presence than just about any other manager in the modern game, and the fact he speaks both Portuguese and English (along with Premier League experience) puts him in pole position to take the reigns over the current squad.

I liked what he said he about the grounds man (?) if that's what how descirbe the position. That they're on first name terms. And I liked what he said about him essentially owing his career to Old Trafford. Top Red (nearly).
Shouldn't even be a factor. Perhaps a handy coincidence but hardly a worthy criteria for the manager of United

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Shouldn't even be a factor. Perhaps a handy coincidence but hardly a worthy criteria for the manager of United
If it helps keeps the current contingent at the club I'd say its a [SIZE="7"]MASSIVE factor.

Seriously say Fergie went at the end of the season, I'd be much happier knowing that the bulk of the players would give the new manager a chance (i.e. Ronaldo and Anderson in particular). It would be a big help if they could understand each other in their natural tongues.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Better get a manager who speaks serbian then, if we want to keep Vidic. Oh and again, Fergie aint going nowhere.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

i honestly cannot stand the little shit and his 'look at me everybody!' attitude. he is like a 6 year old with add.

throwing his medals into the crowd, coming out onto the pitch during the warm up/before the players at the start of the game, always making sure he gets the limelight etc. all completely galling.

he hasn't got the class to be the next united manager, imo.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Tronics

Its either him or Lippi for me.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
BarryX

no-ones got Fergies class though. Big big shoes to fill.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i honestly cannot stand the little shit and his 'look at me everybody!' attitude. he is like a 6 year old with add.

throwing his medals into the crowd, coming out onto the pitch during the warm up/before the players at the start of the game, always making sure he gets the limelight etc. all completely galling.

he hasn't got the class to be the next united manager, imo.
I see all that as a glaringly obvious ploy by him to deflect the attention away from his players & onto himself. Same with press conferences, interviews, post match chats etc. No one talks about his players, they all appreciate how he wrestles the pressure from them & onto himself. He'll probably cark it in 10 years due to the pressure he puts on himself.

If his teams played a lot more like they did last night & less like they have for the last 6 years or so I'd be more inclined to vouch for him taking over when the time comes. But I don't think he's got it in him to allow the players to express themselves in the same way Fergie encourages players. That may change the closer he gets to potentially getting the United job & the experience of watching us & Barca do well playing attacking football.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Better get a manager who speaks serbian then, if we want to keep Vidic. Oh and again, Fergie aint going nowhere.
When dya think he'll finally go?

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
When dya think he'll finally go?
I reckon he's at least another 3 years. By that time Phelan will no doubt be renowned the world over for his defensive coaching genius and i'd imagine he'll be accepted by everyone as Fergies natural successor, well as long as he goes on some language courses.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I reckon he's at least another 3 years. By that time Phelan will no doubt be renowned the world over for his defensive coaching genius and i'd imagine he'll be accepted by everyone as Fergies natural successor, well as long as he goes on some language courses.
Phelan - G.Neville dream ticket. Paulo Sousa in as portugese liasion. Milan Milutinovic to tuck the Serbs in at night.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Phelan - G.Neville dream ticket. Paulo Sousa in as portugese liasion. Milan Milutinovic to tuck the Serbs in at night.
You had me at dream ticket.
Closed Thread