saffers

Maggers is a smokescreen.

United only want Alderweireld.

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good post Parters.....

He’s bang £#%&!ing average at best, half decent World Cup and we’re suppose to believe his Rio reincarnated.....

I thought he’d bought a couple of young CB’s already, add to the other dross and we’re some sort of centre back crèche...

£#%&!ing breeze block headed @#%&!, £#%&!
Off.

(Harry, not you)

Unread 27-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Really mate?

Varane; Ramos; Godin; Gimenez; Umtiti; Lenglet; Thiago Silva; Marquinhos; Bonucci; Chiellini; De Ligt, even Alderweireld tbf.

i would write home about any of them. ..

...Rooney and Ronaldo catapulted us to almost a decade of success. Go for top young players with the potential to be world class. Like city are doing ffs
None of the defenders you mentioned fit that criteria. None of them are a guarantee either, given the potential language and cultural barriers, and most are getting on a bit so it would apparently be a crime to sign them at the price they’d cost.

Ronaldo and Rooney were already good enough to walk straight into the first team when we bought them as teenagers. Who are the teenagers today who are already good enough? Mbappe fits the ronaldo/Rooney criteria and he cost 150m.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's not exactly a glowing reference pal I'm better on the ball than Smalling, no wum.
I bet you are; no wum.

How this has been allowed to happen i’ll never know.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
No he didn't rank number one for any of them. If we're going off official stats there are others we could buy who are just as good or better and what we have already isn't £60 million worth of worse.
Not my words, Lynn. The words of top gear magazine!

No but really, I'm just relaying what sky sports were saying yesterday, pal. If their stats aren't accurate I'd wonder where they got them.

Unread 27-07-2018, 05:54 PM
armchair

Jones and smalling are better defenders. he has a gift from scoring for set-pieces though. he's like a defender fellaini...can't do his actual job that well but can do one specific thing extremely well.

honestly think jose has given up and he's just amusing himself now.

looking forward to the 100 million bid for Jonjo Shelvey.

Unread 27-07-2018, 06:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
honestly think jose has given up and he's just amusing himself now.
Toblerone phase imminent

Unread 27-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Really mate?

Varane; Ramos; Godin; Gimenez; Umtiti; Lenglet; Thiago Silva; Marquinhos; Bonucci; Chiellini; De Ligt, even Alderweireld tbf.

i would write home about any of them.

If we ***** most of our transfer budget on a shitehawk from Leicester, Mourinho is an even bigger plonker than i've already given him credit for. No one is crying about it, but we are constantly being told that United need to raise funds in order for Mourinho to buy the players he wants yet he is willing to drop 70m on this guy Give me a f***ing break.

Maguire is a good player but is he going to improve us to the level that Van Dijk has improved the vermin? Is he f***. Is he anywhere near as good as him? Is he f***.

Just saying lad; you know i love ya.

You've said it yourself on other threads - why are we even bothering with f***ing defenders when we lack penetration and goals so obviously? We need a left back more than a centre half imo. I honestly don't think Maguire is a step up from Smalling or Jones. Varane would be. Or Bonucci. Or someone at that level; but Harry f***ing Maguire. For 15m maybe, but 70m.

Some reality lads, please.

We should be going all out for another centre mid and players like Brandt and Leon Bailey. It really isn't rocket science. It's like United have forgot what they are all about.

Rooney and Ronaldo catapulted us to almost a decade of success. Go for top young players with the potential to be world class. Like city are doing ffs
one hundred per cent

Unread 27-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Buck

Clear and concise leadership

Unread 27-07-2018, 07:23 PM
AK14

Wait... So are people really suggesting we try and sign Ramos, Varane, Chiellini etc?

No way are Ramos or Varane leaving Madrid
Bonucci off the back of a poor season
Chiellini
Tiago Silva
Marquinhos would cost an absolute fortune and could possibly struggle with the physicality of the league
Lenglet who’s just joined Barca
Giminez see Marquinhos
Aldeweirald would be my first choice but we aren’t allowed to sign to 29 year olds
Umtiti has only just used us to get himself a better contract at Barca
De Ligt is a complete unknown and although looks promising it would be a huge risk to get him to learn off the current crop of defenders we have

Edit- No, forget this post.... I’ve just read the last couple of pages

Unread 27-07-2018, 07:42 PM
sub three hours

As for Harry Maguire usually I'd say overpriced but at the madness of inflated prices I'd say maybe not. He had a good World Cup, I think he's solid and I'd be quite happy to see him at united.

Unread 27-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
As for Harry Maguire usually I'd say overpriced but at the madness of inflated prices I'd say maybe not. He had a good World Cup, I think he's solid and I'd be quite happy to see him at united.

Unread 27-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Jesus

Unread 27-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Unread 27-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Swagger

Quote:
players like Brandt and Leon Bailey.

Go for top young players with the potential to be world class. Like city are doing ffs
Up and coming players in HM's category

Mahrez is 28 this season.

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Up and coming players in HM's category

Mahrez is 28 this season.
i obviously wasn't talking about him was i

Unread 28-07-2018, 02:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Thought this would be right up your street? You tend to love a chunky, up for it Englishman..

Doesn't he just.

Unread 28-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Doesn't he just.
Wtf pal ?

Unread 30-07-2018, 12:50 AM
tatty

That's actually 2 caps stitched together.

Unread 30-07-2018, 12:57 AM
goldfinger II

At least it's not a MAGA one, although it wouldn't look out of place.
Closed Thread