Worst in living memory 11 25.58%
It's still early days 32 74.42%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2018, 08:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Delighted for Russia but Spain... lo quality man.

Holland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Argentina not in the quarters for the first time in the history of the world cup.

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/...62529463463939

Unread 01-07-2018, 10:25 PM
AK14

Both of today’s games were rather shit tbf

Hopefully it picks back up tomorrow.

Unread 01-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Cream

Just glad Croatia squeezed through.

Unread 02-07-2018, 01:11 AM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
What do you make of the quality, Pepe?
Quality hasn't been amazing but there's been some great games and some cracking upsets. Spain v Portugal & Croatia v Argentina falling into the first category, obviously ze Germans, Brazil's first game, Argentina again, now Spain falling into the second.

I just think it's been a very engaging tournament. With no real affiliation to any team I'm just after good football, and what I've been pleased with is how little negativity I've seen.

There's been some shit games but they've mostly been while I've been at work, as I said, but virtually every team's had a go and it's now wide open.

The quality at the top has undoubtedly been lower; nobody's been particularly outstanding, but the quality at the bottom has definitely been higher. All told, I've enjoyed it more than any tournament for ages.

Unread 02-07-2018, 06:36 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe le Pew
Quality hasn't been amazing but there's been some great games and some cracking upsets. Spain v Portugal & Croatia v Argentina falling into the first category, obviously ze Germans, Brazil's first game, Argentina again, now Spain falling into the second.

I just think it's been a very engaging tournament. With no real affiliation to any team I'm just after good football, and what I've been pleased with is how little negativity I've seen.

There's been some shit games but they've mostly been while I've been at work, as I said, but virtually every team's had a go and it's now wide open.

The quality at the top has undoubtedly been lower; nobody's been particularly outstanding, but the quality at the bottom has definitely been higher. All told, I've enjoyed it more than any tournament for ages.
Having endured 2 seasons of Mourinho football probably also helps in terms of managing expectations.

Unread 02-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Having endured 2 seasons of Mourinho football probably also helps in terms of managing expectations.

Unread 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

just backed switzerland to win it

33/1 ew - thank me later.
also columbia to turn over harry's heroes.

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Sapien

Thumbs down

Absolute shite.

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Pop

Worst game yet.

FIFA needs to cancel this abomination TONIGHT.

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Red Al

Enjoyed it so far

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

sick of all the quality goals and drama, tbh.

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Cream

Japan shouldn't be taking one of the favourites that close to the brink.

Superb entertainment as usual.

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Japan shouldn't be taking one of the favourites that close to the brink.

Superb entertainment as usual.
You need better PR mate.....

Where’s Max Clifford....

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:59 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Where’s Max Clifford....
Brown bread

Unread 02-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Where’s Max Clifford....
Dumdums don't matter. Poll is scientifically proven.

Unread 02-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Tiberian

I am convinced. Proper football, flaws and all, makes the CL look like the shitshow it really is, a vehicle for a privileged few to pad their stats and build their profile with so little actual competition. Some of these massive stars have had it easy for years playing in superteams, you see a truer representation of individual levels when they don't have the ideal situation.

Unread 03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
sub three hours

Perhaps the world cup has lacked quality but I'm calling it as I've found it so far and from what I've made of it The Russians have been fabulous hosts. Brilliant stadiums, full attendance, focus on the game and not the other stuff that usually goes on. Well done big Vladimir so far says I

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:15 PM
red in cumbria

Despite all the stick Russia got after its bid was chosen, it is a proper footballing country and the last few weeks have driven that home.

Now, let's remember what is happening in 2022

Unread 03-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Despite all the stick Russia got after its bid was chosen, it is a proper footballing country and the last few weeks have driven that home.

Now, let's remember what is happening in 2022
The way that moron adrian chiles was going on the other day you'd think we were witnessing a WC in north korea.

His guest moron was egging him on, mind you.

State of the BBC.

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

bttt
Closed Thread