United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2018, 01:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No I didn’t, I just disagreed with the “what we had” part. That assumes that a) we know what we had- which you never do with 19 year olds, and b) that what we had was enough to dictate what else we acquired, which it wasn’t. A Mane-type - who I also liked at Southampton btw- assumes that we had CF locked down, and that what we needed was a complement to it. We didn’t. If Rashford or Martial aren’t good enough to compete with Lukaku for the CF spot, then they aren’t good enough period.
No it wasn't about it being locked down, it was that he would blend well with those players. Also the reason I wanted Aubameyang. My point being that I have never said United should have sacrificed bringing in other players. It's just that the type of player was important.

My frustration with Rashford and Martial is that I don't feel I really know if they're good enough, as they've not been handled well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Martial and particularly Rashford have played a lot more under Mou than plenty were predicting however the issue is where they are getting games. We really should be experimenting a lot more with our forward combinations, by all means have Lukaku as number 1 but let's not make us painfully predictable with our style of play and formation.

The cup final was squandered because we could only play one way and with Lukaku injured we didn't know what else to do, I'm not even sure we played with a striker, that is criminal and a sign of the lower standards we have come to accept post-ferg.
Even then people use the base appearances. According to a decent site, Rashford started seven games last season as a striker, scoring twice. And which games were they? I know off the top of my head he played against Yeovil and Derby in the FA Cup.

You're probably talking three or four meaningful games playing in the role we wanted to develop him in. How can anyone think it's a good way for him to develop? Again part of the problem here is the system, which isn't designed for him to have a reasonable shot at developing elsewhere. If a top player like Sanchez has struggled, is it any wonder that a young talent out of position has too?

Unread 29-06-2018, 01:44 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No it wasn't about it being locked down, it was that he would blend well with those players. Also the reason I wanted Aubameyang. My point being that I have never said United should have sacrificed bringing in other players. It's just that the type of player was important.

My frustration with Rashford and Martial is that I don't feel I really know if they're good enough, as they've not been handled well.
Or possibly they just haven’t shown enough in the opportunities they’ve been given. I’m far more hopeful for Rashford than for Martial. Rashford has heart, Martial does not.

Unread 29-06-2018, 05:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Nope, don’t feel for him in the slightest.

Neither does he. Just the usual snides/agendas.

Unread 29-06-2018, 07:56 AM
puressence

any other 20 year old not player regular for any team wouldnt even get a slot 5 pages from the back of any paper

Unread 29-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

can't believe people are happy at rashford's misfortunes, just so they can vaguely link it to a defense of mourinho. mourinho supporters, not united supporters imo.

Unread 29-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think that's why he's looked frustrated. When it was Zlat he could imagine the logic involved him taking over. When the club spend £75m on a pure striker who is 24yo, it's sending a different message. Especially as we ask wide attackers to play with discipline.

With the way Mou used wide players, or at least how he wants to, the Rom signing was bad for both Martial and Rashford. Even Sanchez has found himself playing far too deep at times. It's currently not a system that provides players in those areas to flourish consistently.
I think it was Waddle on Radio 5 last night who mentioned that wingers don't get to the byline any more.

Remember Martial when he first arrived? Loved skating along the byline, it was great to watch too.

When they pushed Rashford out wide last night he kept checking himself and playing it back. And when he did go forward it wasn't sprinting onto a firmly hit through ball.

Maybe Mou isn't the dinosaur folk make him out to be...

Unread 29-06-2018, 09:10 AM
atticusgrinch

If Rashford does well - like against the dippers - it's despite Mourinho. But if he's shit it's because of Mourinho.

Riiihhhtttttt

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
[b]

Neither does he. Just the usual snides/agendas.
Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
If Rashford does well - like against the dippers - it's despite Mourinho. But if he's shit it's because of Mourinho.

Riiihhhtttttt
It’s very odd. Ethers in 3...2....1

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:15 AM
sub three hours

Thumbs up

Just changing the direction here a little lads (ignore me if you want) but i think Colombia will be thinking they've a great chance to get to the semis and will be chuffed to have avoided Belgium and got us.

I'm really not sure why the MSN is talking about the semi finals for England, Colombia yes I could see as they've been for long spells the best team in the tournament for me in terms of ball possession.

This is hardly gonna be a walkover. Doomsters Freds we are here

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Just changing the direction here a little lads (ignore me if you want) but i think Colombia will be thinking they've a great chance to get to the semis and will be chuffed to have avoided Belgium and got us.

I'm really not sure why the MSN is talking about the semi finals for England, Colombia yes I could see as they've been for long spells the best team in the tournament for me in terms of ball possession.

Looking forward to the game, but I think colombia are a more mature, complete side than England. England maybe, maybe slightly more dangerous going forward but that's definitely up for debate.

Colombia must be favourites?

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Looking forward to the game, but I think colombia are a more mature, complete side than England. England maybe, maybe slightly more dangerous going forward but that's definitely up for debate.

Colombia must be favourites?
England are slight favourites.

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
England are slight favourites.

Tenner on columbia it is

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Tenner on columbia it is
It's Colombia not Columbia.

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It's Colombia not Columbia.
I'm talkinga about the town in North Carolina

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:46 AM
My Name is Heath

Want England to win but after that high school shooting that Michael Moore made a film about, I wouldn't mind if they beat us and went through.

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I doubt they really care if they got Belgium or England. There's little between the two teams. I think England will beat them but will then lose to Sweden. The Swede's are able to counter attack quickly and England have shown they're susceptible to that.

Unread 29-06-2018, 11:03 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
can't believe people are happy at rashford's misfortunes, just so they can vaguely link it to a defense of mourinho. mourinho supporters, not united supporters imo.
That's just sad. Accusing people who are not anti mou of not really being united fans. Would never sink so low to question fellow fans support of the club.

Truth is that it's the other way round. We love rashford, we love united. We don't go around calling our manager a @#%&! and so on....

Unread 29-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Would never sink so low to question fellow fans support of the club.
oh yeah?

Unread 29-06-2018, 11:23 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
oh yeah?

Unread 29-06-2018, 11:24 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Would never sink so low to question fellow fans support of the club.
Closed Thread