Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:08 AM
AK14

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Feel sorry for Saffers/AKers et al.

They’ve flip flopped back and forth about a dozen times over the past few months about whether they want to keep the lad or not. Must be very confusing tbf when you have to align all of your opinions with someone else.
No need for that pal

I’m of the same opinion now as I was months ago. If he wants to stay and fight for his place then good, If he wants to leave then £#%&! him off. Same goes for every single player in the squad tbh.

I understand you find it difficult to accept when people have a different opinion to you, but there’s no need to be snide about it.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:29 AM
General Woundwort

The usual suspects falling over themselves to let everyone know how unarsed they are. Just like the 90% on RI who wanted rid of Ronaldo after 3 seasons. Slapped arse @#%&! didn't track back for starters.

Nailed on the same #@&%!s will be rubbing themselves off when we part exchange him for a second choice Spurs centre half. Mou Mou's anti-entertainment Reds out in force.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
The usual suspects falling over themselves to let everyone know how unarsed they are. Just like the 90% on RI who wanted rid of Ronaldo after 3 seasons. Slapped arse @#%&! didn't track back for starters.

Nailed on the same #@&%!s will be rubbing themselves off when we part exchange him for a second choice Spurs centre half. Mou Mou's anti-entertainment Reds out in force.
Wow. The general has the number of a few here nqat.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wow. The general has the number of a few here nqat.
he's had their number for a while.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:44 AM
ryanMUFC

Had a face on him since he got here. I'm sure we'll get on just fine without him if he wants to leave.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
He’s only lost his place since Jan?! You’re making it sound as if he was getting starts week in week out under Mourinho prior to that.

He was used sporadically at best last season. This season is the only time he’s been given an extended run of starts, and he delivered the goods, then was dropped for a big name signing who’s struggled to perform but has been kept in the team.

The writing has been on the wall for Martial.
I don't disagree at all, I just don't see it as entirely down to the way he's been handled.

People seem absolutely delighted to throw the stat about his goals per game ratio, but here's another stat: 11 goals in 45 appearances.

He was 'doing the business' around Jan, which was actually 3 goals in 4 games against Everton, Stoke and Burnley. Prior to that he'd not scored in 9 appearances including starts against Arsenal, City, Bristol and Leicester. And his performances and general contribution when he's been on the pitch, regardless of his goals, haven't exactly been reassuring.

As someone said, it's not just as simple as 'Mourinho is a dick' or 'Martial is shit'. It's a bit of both with plenty of other facts thrown in. Yet people make out that this is absolutely disastorous and he's definitely going to be a world class player, when his time spent here says nothing of the sort. It's a shame, but I'm sure both parties will get over it.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:49 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
This season is the only time he’s been given an extended run of starts, and he delivered the goods, then was dropped for a big name signing
He got injured after two consecutive abject performances where he played 90 mins against both Tottenham and Newcastle. We lost both games and didn't score in either of them.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No need for that pal

I’m of the same opinion now as I was months ago. If he wants to stay and fight for his place then good, If he wants to leave then £#%&! him off. Same goes for every single player in the squad tbh.

I understand you find it difficult to accept when people have a different opinion to you, but there’s no need to be snide about it.
You’d dont have an opinion though, you just parrot whatever matches up with what Mourinho says or does.

At the start of last season you were using Martial to have a go at Rashford, now you’re happy to see him go. So odd.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I don't disagree at all, I just don't see it as entirely down to the way he's been handled.

People seem absolutely delighted to throw the stat about his goals per game ratio, but here's another stat: 11 goals in 45 appearances.

He was 'doing the business' around Jan, which was actually 3 goals in 4 games against Everton, Stoke and Burnley. Prior to that he'd not scored in 9 appearances including starts against Arsenal, City, Bristol and Leicester. And his performances and general contribution when he's been on the pitch, regardless of his goals, haven't exactly been reassuring.

As someone said, it's not just as simple as 'Mourinho is a dick' or 'Martial is shit'. It's a bit of both with plenty of other facts thrown in. Yet people make out that this is absolutely disastorous and he's definitely going to be a world class player, when his time spent here says nothing of the sort. It's a shame, but I'm sure both parties will get over it.
You don’t expect consistency from a 22 year old, unless you’re Mourinho.

You do expect the manager to build with a young talent. Mou has seemed to set about ruining him from day one.

And given his record in such situations with other young talent at Madrid and Chelsea the faith in his decisions appears quite blind.

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:54 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
You don’t expect consistency from a 22 year old,
But 2nd isn't good enough

Unread 14-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
He got injured after two consecutive abject performances where he played 90 mins against both Tottenham and Newcastle. We lost both games and didn't score in either of them.
We played Huddersfield in between those games.

He was shifted to the right to make room for Sanchez.

He didn’t get injured until March.

Other than, good post though.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
The usual suspects falling over themselves to let everyone know how unarsed they are. Just like the 90% on RI who wanted rid of Ronaldo after 3 seasons.
Or indeed a world class proven manager after less than 2.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
But 2nd isn't good enough
City are able to win the league while developing young talent with inconsistencies such as Gabriel Jesus (went about three months without a goal) so it’s not like it can’t be done. Oh, and United as a club have an entire history of managing it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A manager who has a terrible recent record with young players tbf.

Mourinho’s qualities aren’t in doubt. But neither are his weaknesses.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:06 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Other than, good post though.
Must... Defend... Mourinho

Been following United since the early 80s and I never realised there was a faction of our support who yearned for a United squad stripped of young talent and bereft of any attacking ability. This must a dream come true for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We get it pal. You're happy watching bilge. And 2 years is 2 too many. Never wanted the miserable anti-football @#%&! in the first place.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:08 AM
AK14

Quote:
You’d dont have an opinion though, you just parrot whatever matches up with what Mourinho says or does.

At the start of last season you were using Martial to have a go at Rashford, now you’re happy to see him go. So odd.
I’m happy for any player to £#%&! off if they don’t want to be here...

That’s an opinion in my book and has nothing to do with who the manager is.

Not sure what I said this time last year re martial and rashers pal, I’m sure you’ve got them all bookmarked though. Now that’s odd

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:09 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we don't get at least 80m for him then we need £#%&!ing shooting

I'd have said he's got to be worth £60 million in today's transfer market myself.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:10 AM
AK14

Quote:

That’s a sound and fair assessment imo.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

getting frozen out of the side to accommodate a signing of a 29yr old is not the same as not wanting to be at united. it's not like he's done so well and now he wants something better.

idiotic to confuse the two but if it fits the narrative...

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
You don’t expect consistency from a 22 year old, unless you’re Mourinho.

You do expect the manager to build with a young talent. Mou has seemed to set about ruining him from day one.

And given his record in such situations with other young talent at Madrid and Chelsea the faith in his decisions appears quite blind.
You're trying to quantify Martial's talent by goals per game ratio. How about taking a look at his general play and contribution goals aside? Got any stats for that? Mourinho doesn't seem to have been dissuaded by The Scottish Players 'inconsistency', who seems perfectly happy to perform as and when required.

Again, Martial might go on to be a world class striker, or he might be playing at Nantes in a couple of seasons. No one knows, but to suggest he's definitely going to be world class - which seems to be what people are inferring here - based on his 3 years here - is odd.

Worth point out that Martial has obviously made the decision to leave, not United. He believes he deserves more game time presumably, the manager doesn't. I'd have loved him to work out here as on the odd occasion he plays well he's great to watch, but my opinion is he's not shown enough - talent or attitude - to cry over it. But then, tbh, there's very few players in our squad I would.

Also interesting to me that some folk would be 'not arsed' about the worlds greatest GK leaving, but are distraught over Martial. Strange.

Unread 14-06-2018, 11:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
getting frozen out of the side to accommodate a signing of a 29yr old is not the same as not wanting to be at united. it's not like he's done so well and now he wants something better.

idiotic to confuse the two but if it fits the narrative...
Yep. If only it was confusion pal. Something a lot darker imo.

Quote:
You're trying to quantify Martial's talent by goals per game ratio. How about taking a look at his general play and contribution goals aside? Got any stats for that? Mourinho doesn't seem to have been dissuaded by The Scottish Players 'inconsistency', who seems perfectly happy to perform as and when required.

Again, Martial might go on to be a world class striker, or he might be playing at Nantes in a couple of seasons. No one knows, but to suggest he's definitely going to be world class - which seems to be what people are inferring here - based on his 3 years here - is odd.

Worth point out that Martial has obviously made the decision to leave, not United. He believes he deserves more game time presumably, the manager doesn't. I'd have loved him to work out here as on the odd occasion he plays well he's great to watch, but my opinion is he's not shown enough - talent or attitude - to cry over it. But then, tbh, there's very few players in our squad I would.

Also interesting to me that some folk would be 'not arsed' about the worlds greatest GK leaving, but are distraught over Martial. Strange.
Personally I haven’t said he is going to be world class. He’s a world class talent who has been sabotaged by a manager with form for doing so.

Like Rashford.
Closed Thread