United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Oh please enlighten us heathens It's simply not true is it. As far as i've seen, the links to Lukaku have been met with very lukewarm feelings. Ever thought that maybe a lot of people just rate Matic (or others) and have no agenda to profile potential signings within? If anybody on here has a sense of duty it's you. As pointed out previously, your God used Fellaini as much (and as more of a target man) as Mourinho. But that doesn't fit does it
this. i couldn't give a £#%&! who united are linked with. now and again i'll get excited at the thought of getting to see this player or that player in the shirt, but generally I'm looking for united to sign players that'll improve us on the pitch and give us better options ...

matic is one of the best water carriers around right now. he'd be a good signing on that basis because we need that type.

we can all point to a player at the top who would fit what we need. i want the manager to identify lesser known players who would do the same. i don't even give a £#%&! if the first time i ever hear of them is when they run out against west ham.

Unread 28-06-2017, 03:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i think this is %@#$&!s. but even if it were true i couldn't care less.

last season at the anderlecht game iirc there was what looked like a bit of confusion over who was being subbed.

when i watched it back it turned out according to roy keane (and then half the £#%&!ing media) that actually mourinho had been deliberately using a banana relay to create a story and get a message across.

absolutely no-one mentioned it again at the next game or at any other game. no-one gives a £#%&!.

at real, mourinho didn't create constant controversy ffs. he dropped casillas because he thought he was past it. he then got wrapped up in the rivalry with barca. he didn't £#%&!ing create it. it didn't start when he got there and finish when he left. he backed his players - even when they weren't fully backing him. he backed them to the hilt when they were repeatedly getting shit on by the officials in the games with barca...

that sort of thing may not endear him to real, or marca or whoever. but it will endear him to us.
You've basically completely rewritten Mourinho because he's now United manager.

Quote:
Oh please enlighten us heathens It's simply not true is it. As far as i've seen, the links to Lukaku have been met with very lukewarm feelings. Ever thought that maybe a lot of people just rate Matic (or others) and have no agenda to profile potential signings within? If anybody on here has a sense of duty it's you. As pointed out previously, your God used Fellaini as much (and as more of a target man) as Mourinho. But that doesn't fit does it
No offence but I couldn't give a £#%&! who rates Matic. As far as I recall it's people not rating him that has dragged up this boring subject. It didn't happen on the Fabinho or Morata threads. Because most were happy with those.

So maybe accept that a few don't want Matic without turning it a Mourinho crusade. Throb even tried to make it about LvG. As you've just done once again there. As predictable as it is dull.

Unread 28-06-2017, 03:58 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And so what if he had? He's our manager now. Give me a reactionary partizan football fan over some over-intellectualising nu footie weirdo any day

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Fish

Quote:

Football fan is biased. Hold the front page.

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
And so what if he had? He's our manager now. Give me a reactionary partizan football fan over some over-intellectualising nu footie weirdo any day
oh snap

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
or i never shared your view of him.

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Clarkie

Siders... Seriously, know when to shut up.

He hasn't ré written his views on Mourinho. Some of us, myself included, might have hated the fact he was so successful but, I always had a huge amount of respect for him and his managerial record. In fact, for years I've said he should replace Fergie but we know what happened there...

I can understand why some don't like him but, when Dunk is going around saying beating City at home in the EFL, on the way to winning it, means nothing and isn't a big deal because we were at home, it makes it incredibly hard to take you seriously and look at your arguments from a football point of view and not some sort of weird agenda

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

He hasn't ré written his views on Mourinho. Some of us, myself included, might have hated the fact he was so successful but, I always had a huge amount of respect for him and his managerial record. In fact, for years I've said he should replace Fergie but we know what happened there...

I can understand why some don't like him but, when Dunk is going around saying beating City at home in the EFL, on the way to winning it, means nothing and isn't a big deal because we were at home, it makes it incredibly hard to take you seriously and look at your arguments from a football point of view and not some sort of weird agenda
I never said that. You're putting words into my post.

Unread 28-06-2017, 04:56 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You wanted to

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
You wanted to
I didn't. You wanted me to. It would've justified your foaming at the mouth fervour, you weirdo.

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:14 PM
browser

Quote:
I didn't. You wanted me to. It would've justified your foaming at the mouth fervour, you weirdo.
Just a joke pal. Cheers for yet another insult you delightful individual

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:21 PM
redhegemony

This thread

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Just a joke pal. Cheers for yet another insult you delightful individual
Really pretty sure it isn't me wading about the forum telling everybody how they are supposed to post tbf.

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

fwiw didn't particularly want mourinho in because there is a risk with him of alienating the dressing room. however, he has taken the rooney thing head on and allowed the player to keep his dignity. in return rooney has taken it like a man. united's dressing room is not like chelsea's. or real's. this is one reason why i'll be happy for rooney to stay. jose has also get a few of the others to man up by challenging them to do better, publicly if necessary. we aren't used to it, but it works for him.

the other reason i didn't want him - the main reason really - was that he brings that £#%&!ing agent with him.

however, i didn't really want van gaal either. i embraced him because the positive side of his appointment was that he would give the youth a chance and that he would try and get us blending his continental style to ours.

that didn't work, and as it happens mourinho has done alright by the youth as well, using a less scattergun approach and with promise of more to come next season.

as for the football, well this season it was usually better and by the end he had clearly shown that his tactical expertise was rubbing off on the players.

and that just leaves the chequebook management issue. if this was an issue in bringing mourinho in, then basically it was van gaal that made it go away before jose ever got here. and if you're going to throw cash at anything that £#%&!ing moves then you're asking to fail. which van gaal did. mourinho so far has done a far better job in the transfer market.

Unread 28-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
fwiw didn't particularly want mourinho in because there is a risk with him of alienating the dressing room. however, he has taken the rooney thing head on and allowed the player to keep his dignity. in return rooney has taken it like a man. united's dressing room is not like chelsea's. or real's. this is one reason why i'll be happy for rooney to stay. jose has also get a few of the others to man up by challenging them to do better, publicly if necessary. we aren't used to it, but it works for him.

the other reason i didn't want him - the main reason really - was that he brings that £#%&!ing agent with him.

however, i didn't really want van gaal either. i embraced him because the positive side of his appointment was that he would give the youth a chance and that he would try and get us blending his continental style to ours.

that didn't work, and as it happens mourinho has done alright by the youth as well, using a less scattergun approach and with promise of more to come next season.

as for the football, well this season it was usually better and by the end he had clearly shown that his tactical expertise was rubbing off on the players.

and that just leaves the chequebook management issue. if this was an issue in bringing mourinho in, then basically it was van gaal that made it go away before jose ever got here. and if you're going to throw cash at anything that £#%&!ing moves then you're asking to fail. which van gaal did. mourinho so far has done a far better job in the transfer market.
Good post.

Unread 28-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Buck

Quote:

Did you want Moyes?

Unread 28-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
You basically said it mean't nothing because it was home. Even though we dominated the £#%&!ers and they were reduced to not even been able to get near our goal in the 2nd half...

Then, you went apeshit when we put in a defensive performance at their place when we were missing key players and we almost won it if not again for shitty finishing....If I had a penny etc

Point is, it's clearly agenda driven..Simple as that!

Case in point, you didn't dismiss beating Liverpool at home 3-1 when LvG was here, nor did you go apeshit when Liverpool should have absolutely destroyed us and we put in a defensive, pedestrian, mindless performance at Anfield and we stole it 1-0

Again, I've no issues with anyone having doubts over Mourinho and what his plans are for this club. I get it totally. But, some of the view points put forward are £#%&!ing stupid. You tbf, aren't the worst.

Unread 28-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Did you want Moyes?
no

Unread 28-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
no
Anyone with a £#%&!ing bit of a clue didn't want that #@&%! here.

Who wanted him on here?

Unread 28-06-2017, 07:09 PM
The Stella Fella

Have we signed him yet?
Closed Thread