United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2007, 04:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Michael Carrick

Carrick could do a lot worse than to watch the likes of Fabregas & Denillson today. He has their passing ability (if not more so)...but his inability to 'push on'...to carry the ball forward & commit an opponent is awful.
He never brings the ball forward..always passes the buck to Scholesy (even if Scholesy is only 2 yards away)

It's that lack of 'drive' in midfield that might ultimately cost us a trophy or 2 this season.

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Are you planning to post a critique on why every aspect of United's make-up "might ultimately cost us a trophy or two this season"?

Was it you who said you were certain we'd lose at Charlton and draw at Watford etc etc I remember you now MJ!

Funny as £#%&!

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Whalefish

That 'lack' of drive is Fergies fault. He knew we needed two midfielders last Summer. We got one good one and then he spent too long trying to sign a player who wasn't available.

And believe it or not Carrick is under strict instructions when Scholes is in the side to sit deep and not carry the ball forward 'too far' - leave it to Scholes etc. The only time I've seen the lad do it, and do it well, was against Watford when he seemed to have licence to get forward more.

I saw him drive forward with the ball more when he was at Spurs, I've got no idea why the coaching staff etc won't allow him to do it more here. Bizarre. Mind you at Spurs, he had Davids and Jenas who could get stuck in if he did carry the ball forwards. Scholes can't do that kind of work. Nor should he I guess.

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That 'lack' of drive is Fergies fault. He knew we needed two midfielders last Summer. We got one good one and then he spent too long trying to sign a player who wasn't available.

And believe it or not Carrick is under strict instructions when Scholes is in the side to sit deep and not carry the ball forward 'too far' - leave it to Scholes etc. The only time I've seen the lad do it, and do it well, was against Watford when he seemed to have licence to get forward more.

I saw him drive forward with the ball more when he was at Spurs, I've got no idea why the coaching staff etc won't allow him to do it more here. Bizarre. Mind you at Spurs, he had Davids and Jenas who could get stuck in if he did carry the ball forwards. Scholes can't do that kind of work. Nor should he I guess.
hmm

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:

Its probably to do with the fact that our midfield is probably the most lightweight in the league, we don't have one single recognised tackler in our best midfield (Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs ) letting Carrick get forward as well as the other 3 would leave the defence exposed

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:

We know you like him but do you ever think you go over the top with your appreciation of him? He's not THAT good.

Unread 25-02-2007, 05:41 PM
neworder

Hes had about 7 good games since he signed and that is about it

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
We know you like him but do you ever think you go over the top with your appreciation of him? He's not THAT good.
This is about Fergies tactics you @#%&! not Carrick per se. The same applies to anyone else who gets stuck in midfield alongside Scholes they simply aren't allowed to drive forwards as much as they can.

Oh and I think he's been shit in the last three games and said so on here, so wind your neck in ffs.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Its probably to do with the fact that our midfield is probably the most lightweight in the league, we don't have one single recognised tackler in our best midfield (Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs ) letting Carrick get forward as well as the other 3 would leave the defence exposed
Yup that's probably why.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
This is about Fergies tactics you @#%&! not Carrick per se. The same applies to anyone else who gets stuck in midfield alongside Scholes they simply aren't allowed to drive forwards as much as they can.

Oh and I think he's been shit in the last three games and said so on here, so wind your neck in ffs.
Calm down Whaley you uptight £#%&!.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
So you're saying if we have six players going forward all the time there's a chance of leaving the defence exposed.

See this is the insight we're here for. Yesterday someone even said they thought that we'd be in for a hard game at Anfield in their opinion.

I'd be lost without this knowledge.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:19 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Carrick could do a lot worse than to watch the likes of Fabregas & Denillson today. He has their passing ability (if not more so)...but his inability to 'push on'...to carry the ball forward & commit an opponent is awful.
He never brings the ball forward..always passes the buck to Scholesy (even if Scholesy is only 2 yards away)

It's that lack of 'drive' in midfield that might ultimately cost us a trophy or 2 this season.
He's backed up by that 'out and out' stopper Scholes too

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Calm down Whaley you uptight £#%&!.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Riverside

We should never have sold Liam Miller. He just needed a decent run in the side.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:27 PM
puressence

Quote:
think you need a jump

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:

And believe it or not Carrick is under strict instructions when Scholes is in the side to sit deep and not carry the ball forward 'too far' - leave it to Scholes etc.
You amuse me at times.

Not only do you know friends of friends to every band under the sun, you also know all about Ferguson's tactical instructions for every game.

I am coming under the impression that you must be Jesus

Funny how Carrick in his games without Scholes has generally been utterly average, and not really drove forward at all.

He does not take any responsibility whatsoever. He is happy for the game to pass by him. Scholes dictates games, Carrick does not.

As I said yesterday, when we sign Hargreaves, Carrick will be struggling to get in the side if we play 4-4-2.

He has good passing ability, but for a Manchester United player he needs to impose himself far, far more.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Whalefish

Friends of every band under the sun? Not really, just music I like and most of the folk on here and RI (bar one or two) don't. I also worked for an Indie record store for 5 years and a distribution company, I got to know a few folk some of which are still friends today.

As far as Carrick goes, that info came via someone who writes for one of the other zines (not RI) and was more to do with tactics and not anything specific to do with Carrick.

Unfortunately if Hargreaves arrives I can't see Utd playing 4-4-2 anymore.

Glad to amuse you though. I can feel satisfied for the rest of the day.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:40 PM
puressence

utd will be 3-5-2 soon

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
utd will be 3-5-2 soon
I hope not Lee.

Unread 25-02-2007, 06:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Carrick and Scholes were poor yesterday, but both have been outstanding this season....yesterday demonstrated excatly why we need Hargreaves in the summer....and a striker
Closed Thread