United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Carrick and "The Scream"

Oh dear. I'll be glad to see Hargo and Anderson back.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Carrick was good imo.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Fletcher was shit. I don't understand how somone could lose so many 50-50s.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Carrick is £#%&!ing excellent, best passer of the ball at united

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Carrick was good imo.
Really? He played some decent passes but his lack of energy was worrying imo.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Fletcher was shit. I don't understand how somone could lose so many 50-50s.
I think you are being overkind.

Barca '91

I thought Micky Cricky did alright seeing as he's been out for a fair bit.

Granted they were £#%&! though.

MUFC One Love

Well we could have had Hargreaves energy couldn't we? Side ways running and passing and giving the ball away.

Let's forget Carrick was out for a few weeks. He should be fit immediately though.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I thought Micky Cricky did alright seeing as he's been out for a fair bit.

Granted they were £#%&! though.
He was certainly the better of the two and this may be harsh on him but as a pair they were awful imo.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well we could have had Hargreaves energy couldn't we? Side ways running and passing and giving the ball away.

Let's forget Carrick was out for a few weeks. He should be fit immediately though.
Oh dear. I'm sure Carrick has a role to play at United, just didn't think he played that well last night.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:12 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oh dear. I'm sure Carrick has a role to play at United, just didn't think he played that well last night.
Fair enough.

Where was Hargreaves though?

This was my worry and I said it a couple of months ago, I get the feeling he could become a 1 game a week, 2 if it's a huge game man.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I think you are being overkind.
The ball is like a ferret at his feet. He can never seem to shield it or control it properly if someone is anywhere near him.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fair enough.

Where was Hargreaves though?

This was my worry and I said it a couple of months ago, I get the feeling he could become a 1 game a week, 2 if it's a huge game man.
I just think Fergie's easing him back in after his injury. Don't forget, he broke his leg last season so there's no problem for me being careful. I'm sure he'll be back on Sunday.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:20 AM
redrose

Default were you watching the first half?

Quote:
He did run out of steam (as does Anderson still), but he was best footballer on the park in the first half.

Game of opinions etc etc.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
He did run out of steam (as does Anderson still), but he was best footballer on the park in the first half.

Game of opinions etc etc.
I was watching it yes, can't really say how you'd come to that conclusion but as you say, game of opinions.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:23 AM
puressence

thought carrick was ok ish .. i do wish he would £#%&! off these 70 yard hollywood passses to rooney and tevez ..

btw tevez was mom imho

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i do wish he would £#%&! off these 70 yard hollywood passses to rooney and tevez ..

That's what he did well. Well first half anyway. I actually thought he was better second half. "The Scream" was appalling all game.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Whalefish

Both started a bit slowly, Carrick got better and better though. Tbh I didn't think Fletcher was that bad he made some excellent interceptions such a pity his was passing was fairly sub standard. Carrick seems to play the game at his own pace but was usually in the right place at the right time.

My only complaint was that he could have played a few early balls but seemed reluctant to do so.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

btw tevez was mom imho

Is this another one of your brilliant wums.

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:43 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
My only complaint was that he could have played a few early balls but seemed reluctant to do so.
That's what I thought too, played the "safe" pass to often, when the opportunity to open up Kiev was there. Other then that, I thought he did reasonably well, given it was his first game in a while.
Closed Thread