United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Realistic thoughts for the season?

How do you think the new lads will fit in?

I think Owen will be used sparingly and will score 15-30 goals in all competitions.
Berbatov and Rooney will form a fantastic partnership with Valencia coming out as the top assists for the season with Nani not far behind.

I'm hoping Anderson will kick on and his free kick will give him the confidence to bag some goals.

What of our rivals - Liverpool and City.
Liverpool might struggle if Alonso goes and by all accounts Macherano isn't happy so hopefully they will be out of the race come xmas

City on the other hand I'm not sure about. If they can gel from the off they could have a very good season and could really push the top 4. Add to that they have no european football they should be able to stay fresh.
However I think trying to keep all those players happy is going to be a tough call and Hughes has one hell of a job on his hands.

Top 4:
United
Chelsea
Liverpool
City/Arsenal - level points

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:13 PM
borsuk

i think we'll be a little less successful than last season but will play better football.

chelsea will be tough to beat in the league, i think. i fancy us for the champs league for some reason.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:13 PM
believe

Thumbs up

you've just managed to tell us everything we already know in a really long post. nice one.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
How do you think the new lads will fit in?

I think Owen will be used sparingly and will score 15-30 goals in all competitions.
if he is used sparingly and scores 15-30 goals, that would be one hell of a return.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
if he is used sparingly and scores 15-30 goals, that would be one hell of a return.
SHould have been 15-20 Just keeping my options open

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Mr_Ed

I'll think we'll struggle for goals but finish 2nd...

Not a good season compared with seasons gone before.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you've just managed to tell us everything we already know in a really long post. nice one.
You might know everything jugears but not everyone shares the same opinion.

Just because you agree with everything I say doesn't mean everyone else will

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
sudored

Its strange but i have not been this excited or nervous about the start of a new season for a long time now!
I just cant £#%&!ing wait for it all to start!

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
MUFC One Love

It's going to be a tough season, to win the title 4 seasons on the trott will be very hard, winning it 3 times on the trott is hard enough. And to get to 3 CL finals on the trott will be hard to do, getting to 2 CL finals back to back is hard enough. I think we'll play better football than last season, though, and be more attractive to watch.

Despite the fact it's gonna be so hard to win the league 4 times on the trott and get to the CL final for the 3rd year on the bounce, if we don't do either I fully expect the usuals to moaning and wanting Fergie sacked and praising rival players as much as possible.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
Its strange but i have not been this excited or nervous about the start of a new season for a long time now!
I just cant £#%&!ing wait for it all to start!
I bet you said this 12 months ago

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I bet you said this 12 months ago
The bastard eh!!!!

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
forzagarza

I wonder what I should have for tea (September 15th)

Oooooh it's getting dark early (October 28th)

Should probably throw these socks out now as that hole is too big (December 1st)

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
redmike

Don't fancy us at all in europe, but even without ronaldo's goals i still think utd will take all the beating in the league.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Sloane

league winners, out in the quarters of CL, fa cup finalists

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
league winners, out in the quarters of CL, fa cup finalists

I would take that right now!!! anything else would be a bonus.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
believe

The Carling Cup is in the bag imo

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
I would take that right now!!! anything else would be a bonus.
too right. the league is everything next season.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Baron

To be honest, if we don't sign anyone else, I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd, so long as we're ahead of the Scouse, so be it. It's - as has been mentioned - uncharted territory to win 4 on the spin, and after losing the best player in the world, more so.

If we were to re-invest a big chunk of that cash into Silva, Villa, Aguero quality, I'd be more inclined to think we'd have a chance to rebalance & kick on. Until I see us play our best XI I'm not sure, Fergie might be all ballsy & go for a very attacking side. As it stands, I think we're an attacking/creative midfielder light.

Potentially, the defence reached its pinnacle last season as well. VDS is £#%&!ing old, Rio's back, the problematic right back area. I'd like to think we might find some consistency there, Rafael maybe getting the nod to play week in, week out if we have a narrow midfield he'd be ideal to provide width.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this season more than I have for a while, it's been shaken up with Ronnie & Tevez leaving, be good to see what we have.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
koppas

Second place would be a good season imo. The power has shifted.

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Second place would be a good season imo. The powers haves shifted.
Closed Thread