United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Kill All Hippies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Reminds me of the story at the end of the season that we might be in trouble over Howard not playing against us. A dramatic headline with nothing of substance behind it.
Exactly. There's nothing to this. Some wonk "premiership spokesman" who remains anonymous in order to give people the impression that the League are "keeping their eye on the situation", ie trying to deflect any negative attention they received in the wake of the whole points deduction fiasco.

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Reminds me of the story at the end of the season that we might be in trouble over Howard not playing against us. A dramatic headline with nothing of substance behind it.
Very true.

Hopefully is just sensationalist journalism by a pissed off scouse hack who has just had his 'Torres' bonfire pissed on from a great height.

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Also makes them look like there doing somethign.

We all know they £#%&!ing aint, the deal is still on lads.

Aint he playing tonight? Deffo worth watching it.

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Also makes them look like there doing somethign.

We all know they £#%&!ing aint, the deal is still on lads.

Aint he playing tonight? Deffo worth watching it.
Not sure if he's starting tonight.

Crespo is injured, isn't he?

if so, it'll probably be Milito in

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
ivan9188

hows our boy anderson getting on??

I saw the first but havent seen him play since.

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan9188
hows our boy anderson getting on??

I saw the first but havent seen him play since.
Started the second game, didn't do much and came off at ht.

was an unused sub last night

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Not sure if he's starting tonight.

Crespo is injured, isn't he?

if so, it'll probably be Milito in
Because they've already qualified i'd expect them to run some changes

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Because they've already qualified i'd expect them to run some changes
Perhaps

perhaps he might break his leg?

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Perhaps

perhaps he might break his leg?
Thank god somebody else said it not me.

Quote:
United and Joorabchian are expected to agree a complex deal, which could end up being worth in excess of £30million, over the next 36 hours.The final terms of the arrangement are still being discussed but it is understood Manchester United will not initially be buying Tevez outright.West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson gave his permission for Joorabchian to enter negotiations with other clubs three weeks ago.Magnusson himself spoke with Manchester United today as the deal moved closer to fruition.But West Ham are not expected to receive any of the proposed transfer fee, which could see the Premier League step in
Stollen from the Darkside (RI)

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:43 PM
ivan9188

Thumbs up

Quote:
Started the second game, didn't do much and came off at ht.

was an unused sub last night
Cheers mate.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Carlos Tévez is expected to complete his transfer to Manchester United in the next 24 hours. The Argentina forward will join the Barclays Premier League champions on an initial two-year loan, at the end of which United will have the chance to buy the player permanently for a fee that could be more than £20 million.

The deal is complicated because West Ham United do not own Tévez outright, but it is thought that the London club have agreed to hand over the player’s registration rights to United so that the transfer can be sanctioned by the Premier League.

In turn, United will pay two annual fees of about £3 million to Kia Joorabchian, the businessman whose Media Sports Investments (MSI) firm owns the economic rights to Tévez.

It was unclear last night whether West Ham would receive any payment from United, although privately the club are thought to be glad to see the back of a player, who, through no fault of his own, has caused them considerable embarrassment.

A spokesman for the Premier League said: “As far as the Premier League is concerned, any potential deal for Carlos Tévez must be struck directly with West Ham United.”

The agreement is believed to be similar to that which Liverpool arranged with West Ham and Joorabchian for Javier Mascherano, Tévez’s Argentina team-mate, who joined the Merseyside club on an 18-month loan in January for an initial fee of £1.5 million, with the option of a permanent deal.

Tévez, 23, who is contracted until 2010 with West Ham, stands to earn about £90,000 a week at Old Trafford and will be paraded by the club once he returns from Copa America, which ends on Sunday week.

David Gill, the United chief executive, is understood to have been in talks for several weeks with Joorabchian and West Ham about signing Tévez, although the champions were keen to wait until after a decision by an arbitration panel into the Tévez affair this week. West Ham were fined £5.5 million in April for breaching third party agreements regarding the signing of Tévez and Mascherano last summer, but the panel upheld the ruling of an independent commission not to dock West Ham points.

Tévez’s arrival at United would leave Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager, with an embarrassment of riches up front and represents another significant blow to the club’s title rivals, who had already been reeling from the champions’ purchase this summer of Owen Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani for a projected £55 million.

Written off by many two years ago, Ferguson is now overseeing a remarkable transformation at United, while news of the Tévez transfer could not have been better timed in the eyes of the club’s supporters. Not only could it eclipse Liverpool’s £20.2 million record purchase of Fernando Torres this week and make Arsenal’s loss of Thierry Henry seem all the more damaging, but it has gone some way towards overshadowing Sven-Göran Eriksson’s expected unveiling today as Manchester City manager.

Tévez’s arrival is likely to hasten the departure of Alan Smith, who is attracting interest from Middlesbrough, who have already bid £6 million, as well as Everton, Newcastle United, Sunderland, Aston Villa, City and West Ham. The futures of Giuseppe Rossi and Louis Saha are also uncertain, although both are likely to stay.

Sheffield United will next week ask the High Court for leave to appeal against the decision of the Premier League arbitration panel in the Tévez case. If their request is granted a week today, the hearing is expected to take place the same afternoon.

It is a far cry from the sumptuous surroundings he had in mind when considering a return to management after his departure as England head coach 12 months ago, but Sven-Göran Eriksson’s first match as Manchester City manager will be in Doncaster. Eriksson will be unveiled as the new manager today. The Swede will sign a three-year contract worth £7.5 million and take charge of the friendly away to Doncaster Rovers, the Coca-Cola League One club, at the Keepmoat Stadium on July 14.
from the times

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
violater

sounds like a great bit of business to me.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Very true.

Hopefully is just sensationalist journalism by a pissed off scouse hack who has just had his 'Torres' bonfire pissed on from a great height.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
shadowplay

2 year loan deal sounds a bit strange, does it not?

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
violater

Quote:
2 year loan deal sounds a bit strange, does it not?
liverpool have done the same with mascreano.

i have no problems with it.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
rebelcountyred

if this was pre-glazer era and kenyon was still the chief negotiator i would imagine the FA's remarks today would have been a bombshell however one thing that is being done right is negotiations for new players, gill deserves a little credit.

Unread 05-07-2007, 11:51 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
liverpool have done the same with mascreano.

i have no problems with it.
Have they definitely got him on a 2 year loan though?

Some reports suggest it's 18months, others report they bought they player outright from MSI.

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
magic_cantona

Reading all the back pages of The Independent etc, it sounds like it's a 'done' deal.

I really hope so.I'm nervous.

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:16 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Reading all the back pages of The Independent etc, it sounds like it's a 'done' deal.

The back page of the sun claimed it'll cost United 38million over 5 years

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

They've said Tevez himself let slip about the deal on television, definitely looks like its happening to me.

Although i do like how the independent mention him joining up with united on our US tour
Closed Thread