United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
hes with guillem
I trust pub toilet graffiti more than him.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it would be the same kind of deal as mash (who apparently is only at liverpool for another 18 months)

convoluted
There were reports in the broadsheets after the CL when Benitez was moaning about money that stated Mascherano was on an 18 month loan deal (so all this coming season is all that remains) & then had the opportunity to buy him for £18m outright.

If the Tevez situation is similar I can't imagine we'd pay for him outright, £18m for Mascherano means the fee for Tevez would certainly be obscene enough to top that £40m figure.

Is there a rule on how long you can loan a player? Can you loan from a 3rd party or would be loaning from West Ham?

£#%&! knows. Cracking player though & I'd have him so long as the ownership %@#$&!s that has plagued him gets resolved.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Personally I get more enthusiastic about a local lad coming through the ranks than any premature circle jerks concerning the "Manchester
Galacticos"

I just don't seem able to join in the party.Football seems to be more about Glazer spin and Sky headlines with matchgoing culture replaced by fantasy football.

Serious question

Apart from playing freeflowing football one of our traditions used to be the youth system.Has it been abandoned along with the tradititional working class support ?
go and watch fc

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
No, we already have enough players who can play the "off" striker role.(Rooney, Giggs, Anderson, Ronaldo, Nani, Scholes) What we need is a genuine alternative to Saha, a main striker.

Tevez is not really that player.
I'd have liked to have seen a big lump/Duncan Ferguson/Mick Harford/Joe Jordan type signed for a bit of variety and mayhem

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM
redrose

Default Tevez Denials begin

Sporting Life:

Carlos Tevez has played down reports suggesting he is close to joining Manchester United.

The West Ham forward, who is currently in Venezuela with Argentina for the Copa America campaign, has been linked to several clubs in England and abroad but is keen to remain in the Premier League.

"As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentina national newspaper Clarin.

"Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."

Tevez was instrumental in keeping the Hammers in the Premier League last season and admits he would not be disappointed if he was to remain at Upton Park for a second straight campaign.

"If I have to stay at West Ham, it would be fine," he said. "I am happy there and people love me very much."

The 23-year-old admits he is no hurry to make a decision and his main aim right now is to help Argentina go for glory at the Copa America.

"Right now my focus is here (with national team)," said Tevez. "I think it's the best thing for my team. Once this is over, we shall see."

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:54 PM
MethodMan

I'm sure that quote is a few days old now

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Ha, ha, my earlier scepticism proves sensible.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
dunk

Default Has there been any denial yet?

Usually, when a story like the Tevez one breaks, the clubs or players involved are quick to come out and deny the story if it isn't true.

Any sign of that happening as yet?

Also, this deal has the same amount of concrete facts as the Torres to dippers story, that was running on a 'BBC Sport Understands' headline for a week with no official comments.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=36025

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=35982

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
so it's not true!!

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
so it's not true!!
Seems not or not.

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
believe

I'm in denial that Tevez is only 23!! I honestly can't believe it. Imagine how square his wheels were and how big his £#%&!ing paper round was!!

Ether

Quote:
so it's not true!!
Don't get too excited.

dodger

Quote:
What's it got to do with you, you tambourine thumping god botherer?
Shalom. In sh'allah I will be saved. Peace be with you my son. Namaste

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Seems not or not.
Funny how I am starting to understand some of your crazy statements or not

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
so it's not true!!
£#%&!ing hell, posted within minutes....

I have to say that sounds like re-hashed old quotes to me. Don't Argentina play tonight?

flange

According to the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6638575.stm

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Shalom. In sh'allah I will be saved. Peace be with you my son. Namaste
The spiritual is not something that descends from above, rather it is to be discovered within

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:05 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Sporting Life:

Carlos Tevez has played down reports suggesting he is close to joining Manchester United.

The West Ham forward, who is currently in Venezuela with Argentina for the Copa America campaign, has been linked to several clubs in England and abroad but is keen to remain in the Premier League.

"As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentina national newspaper Clarin.

"Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."

Tevez was instrumental in keeping the Hammers in the Premier League last season and admits he would not be disappointed if he was to remain at Upton Park for a second straight campaign.

"If I have to stay at West Ham, it would be fine," he said. "I am happy there and people love me very much."

The 23-year-old admits he is no hurry to make a decision and his main aim right now is to help Argentina go for glory at the Copa America.

"Right now my focus is here (with national team)," said Tevez. "I think it's the best thing for my team. Once this is over, we shall see."

i'm sure i read those quotes the other day. nft.
Closed Thread