United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default So does anyone actually understand the Tevez-West Ham deal?

I haven't a clue???? As far as I remember they didn't pay a transfer fee for him last Autumn so how would they be entitled to a fee for him now? Was he on loan with them? If so on loan from who? What the £#%&! is the Gordon Durie?

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
armchair

mrsi own him

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:07 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I haven't a clue???? As far as I remember they didn't pay a transfer fee for him last Autumn so how would they be entitled to a fee for him now? Was he on loan with them? If so on loan from who? What the £#%&! is the Gordon Durie?
sweet jesus give it a rest ...........

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
rubbernecker

Default Am I the only one underwhelmed by Tevez transfer talk?

Personally I get more enthusiastic about a local lad coming through the ranks than any premature circle jerks concerning the "Manchester
Galacticos"

I just don't seem able to join in the party.Football seems to be more about Glazer spin and Sky headlines with matchgoing culture replaced by fantasy football.

Serious question

Apart from playing freeflowing football one of our traditions used to be the youth system.Has it been abandoned along with the tradititional working class support ?

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
carlosartorial

I thought they bought him officially before the end of the season, around the time they got fined for previous irregularities. He signed a 3 or 4 year deal didn't he?

Ed Sullivan

yes.

In short.

I agree, I don't get all hard over fancy signings. Just a perk really.

sharath

evans, pique, cathcart, fletcher, o shea, simpson, rossi.

They are nothing. you just want to moan.

after you do that, piss off.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Personally I get more enthusiastic about a local lad coming through the ranks than any premature circle jerks concerning the "Manchester
Galacticos"

I just don't seem able to join in the party.Football seems to be more about Glazer spin and Sky headlines with matchgoing culture replaced by fantasy football.

Serious question

Apart from playing freeflowing football one of our traditions used to be the youth system.Has it been abandoned along with the tradititional working class support ?
That sounds like traitor talk! Careful or the full weight of Violator and his hairdressers car will becoming down on you.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
tim887

This was the thrust of Sheffield United's case. West Ham claimed that they had ripped up the contract with the MRI, and that they now owned him, so it was OK to play him, as there was no third party influence.

But had a transfer occurred - to cancel the loan deal - it would have had to have been lodged with the FA, which it apparently wasn't.

So logically the Hammers would still have had to be lying unless Tevez's owners had in effect given him away for nothing for no apparent reason. Which I'm sure they did.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
TheNew

Default Mihir Bose says Tevez will cost £40m

what the £#%&! is that all about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6272664.stm

Is marvellous Mihir talking out of his rear?

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I thought they bought him officially before the end of the season, around the time they got fined for previous irregularities. He signed a 3 or 4 year deal didn't he?
What it said was they terminated the registration with whoever the 3rd party was. Now I never heard that they paid money to do this. How exactly diid they manage it? You would've thought it'd have been in the press them paying £20 million or whatever? How can you termiinate a contract unilaterally?

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
utd82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim887
This was the thrust of Sheffield United's case. West Ham claimed that they had ripped up the contract with the MRI,
Maybe they'd be better off with Saha...

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim887
This was the thrust of Sheffield United's case. West Ham claimed that they had ripped up the contract with the MRI, and that they now owned him, so it was OK to play him, as there was no third party influence.

But had a transfer occurred - to cancel the loan deal - it would have had to have been lodged with the FA, which it apparently wasn't.

So logically the Hammers would still have had to be lying unless Tevez's owners had in effect given him away for nothing for no apparent reason. Which I'm sure they did.
Yup exactly, did West Ham get him free???? That wouldn't seem logical.

shadowplay

Not a hope in hell the figure is that amount.

borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
mrsi own him
nasty. should we be signing carriers of super-resistant hospital bugs?

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
sweet jesus give it a rest ...........
Sorry, I actually do want to know.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
armchair

to buy outright. 30m from italy already refused

24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Galacticos"

Serious question

Seems a strange time to complain about the apparent demise of the youth set up. All the youngsters Sharath mentioned have a fighting chance of making it at OT, the last time we had this amount of potential was a decade ago. Couple that to these 'fantasy signings' and I'd say it's a nigh on perfect blend.

Ed Sullivan

Default Can we keep all Tevez posts in one thread..

thankyou kindly.

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
to buy outright. 30m from italy already refused
And only the papers said that,enough to jump on the conclusion right..
Closed Thread