United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Crumps

Default Nani, Hargreaves and Darren Bent

I have decided after much discussion I would be more than happy if we bought these 3 players in the summer. Probably won't happen though.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:16 AM
TreeFiddy

Bent is overrated because he's English. Not worthy of wearing our shirt.

Hargreaves looks likely and I'll be happy to see him at United.

I've never seen this Nani kid play but he sounds good.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Bent is overrated because he's English. Not worthy of wearing our shirt.

Hargreaves looks likely and I'll be happy to see him at United.

I've never seen this Nani kid play but he sounds good.
Have to disagree about Bent. He's big, strong, fast, good in the air and an excellent finisher. Like a young English Louis imo. If anything he is severely underrated and passed over as most english centre forwards are because of this and the last couple of international set ups.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Terry Silver

Hargreaves will be a good signing but he should be reserve to Scholes and Carrick.

Torres would be ideal, but probably too expensive.

Nani... never seen him play, but if he's Portuguese I'd expect Quieroz to be clued up enough to pass judgement.

Sell? O'Shea, Richardson, Silvestre. Keep Fletcher for a laugh every now and then in the League Cup.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Have to disagree about Bent. He's big, strong, fast, good in the air and an excellent finisher. Like a young English Louis imo. If anything he is severly underrated and passed over as most englsh centre forwards are because of this and the last couple of international set ups.

Even has the same uncanny knack of getting crocked.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Sell? O'Shea, Richardson, Silvestre. Keep Fletcher for a laugh every now and then in the League Cup.
I'd keep O'shea tbh as he's more useful than Fletcher ever will be and John has proved that on occasion he is actually a footballer. Gabby will go in the summer imo as he's never going to want to play second fiddle to Evra plus his contract runs out next year. So it's either that or lose him on a free.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
I'd keep O'shea tbh as he's more useful than Fletcher ever will be and John has proved that on occasion he is actually a footballer. Gabby will go in the summer imo as he's never going to want to play second fiddle to Evra plus his contract runs out next year. So it's either that or lose him on a free.
I hope Heinze doesn't go.

I think he could get enough football to keep him happy. With Evra sometimes found wanting slightly against more physical opponents, and Gabby's ability to cover at CB, I think he'll get more football next year. Plus, Evra could be played LM now and again.

Anything would be preferable to keeping Silvestre.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:30 AM
legendary saf

For those who havent seen anything at all of nani

[youtube]76iOJShjZ6k[/youtube]

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
I hope Heinze doesn't go.

I think he could get enough football to keep him happy. With Evra sometimes found wanting slightly against more physical opponents, and Gabby's ability to cover at CB, I think he'll get more football next year. Plus, Evra could be played LM now and again.

Anything would be preferable to keeping Silvestre.
Doubt he's going to be happy with a few league cup games and making do when Evra is injured. He'll go to Juve.

Evra is not goo enough to play on the wing he's good at attacking as a left back but is nowhere near the quality needed to play on the left wing.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:33 AM
legendary saf

I think Gabby can do much better than Juve.

He should go to Valencia or Barca, heck even Real Madrid could do with a top defender. Right now Ramos is all they got, the rest is trash and YES I INCLUDE CANNAVARO

Unread 21-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
I think Gabby can do much better than Juve.

He should go to Valencia or Barca, heck even Real Madrid could do with a top defender. Right now Ramos is all they got, the rest is trash and YES I INCLUDE CANNAVARO
I think the pace of the game in Italy will suit him down to the ground tbh.

Unread 21-03-2007, 04:07 AM
TreeFiddy

Cannavaro is NOT trash. He's a fantastic defender.

I don't think any defender in Spain has a chance to prove how good they really are because of the ridiculous attacking philosophy in La Liga. There's no discipline or organisation at the back so no defender will ever have a chance.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think Bent's rather under-rated meself. As has been said, quick, strong, good in the air and a good finisher. He's only young and will get much better when he moves to a big club, a decent shout for me.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:15 AM
puressence

think bent would be an excellent player for us .. hargreaves ..ribery .. dyer ..anelka ..any of these also that number 15 for sevilla

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:21 AM
24hr Leavesey

As far as Bent's concerned, he is underrated, and he's got real pedigree when it comes to finishing.

But would you bet on him scoring the deciders in big games ?

Not sure why, but I'd prefer Lita if we're going english.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
As far as Bent's concerned, he is underrated, and he's got real pedigree when it comes to finishing.

But would you bet on him scoring the deciders in big games ?

Not sure why, but I'd prefer Lita if we're going english.
Would I bet on him scoring deciders in big games. Dunno, he like all strikers is a gamble in that respect, Cole wasn't exactly perfect in that sense. Signs are good though as he kept Charlton up with vital goals last year, different level yes, but stil pressure.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:30 AM
koppas

I'd take Hargreaves, Nani (admittedly havent seen him play but by all accounts, great prospect) and Berbatov.

Happy days.

Can't see it happening though

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:39 AM
24hr Leavesey

[quote=antonin jablonsky;203973]Would I bet on him scoring deciders in big games. Dunno, he like all strikers is a gamble in that respect, Cole wasn't exactly perfect in that sense.[quote]

Yeah, getting definite Cole vibes from Bent. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

[quote=24hr Leavesey;203990][quote=antonin jablonsky;203973]Would I bet on him scoring deciders in big games. Dunno, he like all strikers is a gamble in that respect, Cole wasn't exactly perfect in that sense.
Quote:

Yeah, getting definite Cole vibes from Bent. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Everyones new flavour of the month Berbatov's gonna be far too expensive as it seems is Torres. We're may as such have to look to sign potential and Bent has plenty of this. He's also got a good Prem scoring record in a poor side, given the chances he'd get at United I suspect he'd score plenty for us too.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:59 AM
24hr Leavesey

[quote=antonin jablonsky;204016][quote=24hr Leavesey;203990]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Would I bet on him scoring deciders in big games. Dunno, he like all strikers is a gamble in that respect, Cole wasn't exactly perfect in that sense.

Everyones new flavour of the month Berbatov's gonna be far too expensive as it seems is Torres. We're may as such have to look to sign potential and Bent has plenty of this. He's also got a good Prem scoring record in a poor side, given the chances he'd get at United I suspect he'd score plenty for us too.

I'd have thought Bent would go for at least £15m, or at least he would if United were in the mix.
Closed Thread