United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:01 PM
taff

Default Tevez griping about Ferguson; says he'll leave if no new contract offered

well, according to the times anyway

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5454412.ece

Quote:
“I want everybody to know no offer has been made," Tevez, who has been given a week off by United, told Radio del Plata in his homeland. "I don’t like that they [United] are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.

“I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I’ve been waiting for them for a year and a half.

“If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms. Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind.

“I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I’ll go back to Boca [Juniors]. That could be in four or five years.”

Tevez yesterday revealed his disappointment at speculation that he had rejected a new offer from United and today he reiterated his desire for his future to be sorted out.

“I didn’t like him [Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager] saying I didn’t like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one,” he said.

“I don’t know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay."

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
waynes ear's

signed for madrid

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
magic_cantona

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Throb will love this.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Stickman

Thumbs down

Fergie aint gonna like those quotes.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Blagger

ffs

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:14 PM
BarryX

I take back what I said.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Fergie aint gonna like those quotes.
Only if he has given him an offer. If Fergie's trying to get the fans ready for him to be £#%&!ed off and he paints the picture it's all Tevez's doing when it isn't then Fergie's a @#%&!.

If we have given him an offer I think it's safe to say Tevez is offski. Maybe his agent forgot to mention it.

FWIW I wouldn't blame Tevez if he does go.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:40 PM
BarryX

I say £#%&! it. Sign him. Pay them what he wants. The Red machine isn't broke, so don't tinker with it. I love that man. I do NOT want a new username.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Coracao

When did Fergie say he had rejected an offer?

Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I was wondering that.

Link please.

Ginners

the club need to sort themselves out, what are they waiting for?? so much for gill being the fast moving excellent businessman, this deal should have been wrapped up months ago.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
He didn't.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
It was leaked at the weekend to the press. We've offered £80K and he wants the same as Rooney and Ronaldo. There are threads about it but people now say it never happened.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:45 PM
dunk

Did Tevez not say just the other day that everything was fine and he isn't worried, it'll be done soon, this was then echoed by SAF.

Has anybody actually heard this radio interview? Why was he doing a radio interview during a 5 day break for family issues? Why has it only come to light after he has returned to England?

All reeks of bullshit to me.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
hopkins

I hope he's not bought a new kitchen

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It was leaked at the weekend to the press. We've offered £80K and he wants the same as Rooney and Ronaldo. There are threads about it but people now say it never happened.
I don't recall anything in the press this weekend about an 80k a week deal.

Unless it was discussed by those four fat journos on the Sunday Supplement.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did Tevez not say just the other day that everything was fine and he isn't worried, it'll be done soon, this was then echoed by SAF.

Has anybody actually heard this radio interview? Why was he doing a radio interview during a 5 day break for family issues? Why has it only come to light after he has returned to England?

All reeks of bullshit to me.
Considering he's been training today, probably flew back Saturday/Sunday I do wonder about these 'new' quotes.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't recall anything in the press this weekend about an 80k a week deal.

Unless it was discussed by those four fat journos on the Sunday Supplement.
I read it. The figure of 80k was definitely mentioned - Our Carlito wanted 120k according to the article. Parity, you might say.

Unread 05-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
the club need to sort themselves out, what are they waiting for?? so much for gill being the fast moving excellent businessman, this deal should have been wrapped up months ago.
Erm...they probably don't want to make the signing permanent, not rocket science!
Closed Thread