United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I honestly can't think of a worse opening 15 minute spell from a midfielder than fred. It was like watching a disabled child who'd won a competition starting a game.

Astonishing.
Same.

If he had been hooked after 25 he couldn’t have complained. Giving the ball away, getting skinned, falling over and intercepting a through ball sideways 10 yards to dangerous position. If he had taken a bung it wouldn’t even need to be that obvious.

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:37 PM
dunk

At least he’s only got to trek halfway across the World for the next 2 weeks, I’m sure that’ll do wonders for the half-pint half-wit.

Unread 30-08-2021, 07:08 AM
My Name is Heath

Matic should not be forgotten too

Lindelof and VDB is the dream pair.

Unread 30-08-2021, 07:36 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Matic should not be forgotten too

Lindelof and VDB is the dream pair.
Really can see Ole trying Linderlof in CDM position. Not strong enough for me but can see Ole trying it with Varane and Harry behind

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:10 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Really can see Ole trying Linderlof in CDM position. Not strong enough for me but can see Ole trying it with Varane and Harry behind
I’ve slept on it and it is the best idea I have ever had.

Him and VDB could be a revelation behind Poggers, Bruno, Ronaldo and a zesty player

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:11 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’ve slept on it and it is the best idea I have ever had.

Him and VDB could be a revelation behind Poggers, Bruno, Ronaldo and a zesty player
Not sure that says much about your other ideas then pal

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:16 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Long history of terrible ideas pal

Thinking the London housing market had peaked in 1999 for one

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I honestly can't think of a worse opening 15 minute spell from a midfielder than fred. It was like watching a disabled child who'd won a competition starting a game.

Astonishing.

It was utter car crash tv. Awful. How the £#%&! haven't we addressed this situation yet? Why keep Donny ffs?

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:48 AM
MUFC One Love

What's has Donny done wrong ffs?

Complete mess yesterday with Fred on his own.

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:15 AM
n48

Convert Shaw or one of the sub centre backs into a DMF.

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Convert Shaw or one of the sub centre backs into a DMF.
Or just, you know, buy one...

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:33 AM
jem

Quote:
we've heard some of his other ideas.

and to think people say valencia couldn't do that job.

would rather see awb converted and we get a right back who can cross.

maybe put lindelof at right back?

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Or just, you know, buy one...
If only we thought of this.

Unread 30-08-2021, 10:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What's has Donny done wrong ffs?

Complete mess yesterday with Fred on his own.
It's the most baffling transfer EVER.

Sanchez was probably the biggest let down (Deemers, could be argued but that's a different thread/story) but at least Sanchez was given the chance to prove that he was totally Arsenal and no good. Donny gets a few minutes here and there, a Carabao Cup game surrounded by the B team - he's never had a run with the best players around him, so how can he be judged? People on here just say "Its cos he's shit" - how can you arrive at that without seeing him in consecutive games ffs? When he plays, I don't see him being terrible but from the game time he's given and the way he's treated, it's genuinely like he's 16 years old. Baffling.

Like I said against Southampton and after yesterday - nobody can tell me that bringing him on in either game would've made it worse. No £#%&!ing way.

Unread 30-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's the most baffling transfer EVER.

Sanchez was probably the biggest let down (Deemers, could be argued but that's a different thread/story) but at least Sanchez was given the chance to prove that he was totally Arsenal and no good. Donny gets a few minutes here and there, a Carabao Cup game surrounded by the B team - he's never had a run with the best players around him, so how can he be judged? People on here just say "Its cos he's shit" - how can you arrive at that without seeing him in consecutive games ffs? When he plays, I don't see him being terrible but from the game time he's given and the way he's treated, it's genuinely like he's 16 years old. Baffling.

Like I said against Southampton and after yesterday - nobody can tell me that bringing him on in either game would've made it worse. No £#%&!ing way.
“He’s shit” argument might wash more if our other midfielders weren’t shit. Fred was as bad as you can be yesterday. He’ll start against and Newcastle and play over 50 games this season, regardless of how shit he looks.

“He’s not a holding midfielder”

Again. Neither is Fred. Neither is The Scottish Player. Neither is Pogba.

“Ole sees him in training every day”

He sees Fred in matches every week like we all do too. We also know he is prone to being a bit stubborn with his favourites and not the most willing to try different things. He makes mistakes. All managers do. We’re allowed to suggest this could be one of them.

VDB started four games last season in the league. Four.

And this was happening from day one. He didn’t start against Palace on the opening day and we were surprised then too. We’ve heard “he’ll get his chance” for a year now.

He hasn’t set the world alight when he’s played, but surely all recognise that players need time, games and a bit of faith to make an impact. Especially midfielders adjusting to a very different league to Holland.

Considering how limited and how shite we are in midfield, you’d think he’d at least have made a sub appearance,, but he’s not even part of the equation. There seems no solution to any midfield conundrum that he is part of.

I’d understand it more if he wasn’t Ole’s signing and we just couldn’t shift him, but he was.

It’s looking a more bizarre signing with each passing week and we really might as well just sell him.

Unread 30-08-2021, 10:38 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we've heard some of his other ideas.

and to think people say valencia couldn't do that job.

would rather see awb converted and we get a right back who can cross.

maybe put lindelof at right back?
Wouldn’t work. AWB distribution is not good enough

Unread 30-08-2021, 12:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
“He’s shit” argument might wash more if our other midfielders weren’t shit. Fred was as bad as you can be yesterday. He’ll start against and Newcastle and play over 50 games this season, regardless of how shit he looks.

“He’s not a holding midfielder”

Again. Neither is Fred. Neither is The Scottish Player. Neither is Pogba.

“Ole sees him in training every day”

He sees Fred in matches every week like we all do too. We also know he is prone to being a bit stubborn with his favourites and not the most willing to try different things. He makes mistakes. All managers do. We’re allowed to suggest this could be one of them.

VDB started four games last season in the league. Four.

And this was happening from day one. He didn’t start against Palace on the opening day and we were surprised then too. We’ve heard “he’ll get his chance” for a year now.

He hasn’t set the world alight when he’s played, but surely all recognise that players need time, games and a bit of faith to make an impact. Especially midfielders adjusting to a very different league to Holland.

Considering how limited and how shite we are in midfield, you’d think he’d at least have made a sub appearance,, but he’s not even part of the equation. There seems no solution to any midfield conundrum that he is part of.

I’d understand it more if he wasn’t Ole’s signing and we just couldn’t shift him, but he was.

It’s looking a more bizarre signing with each passing week and we really might as well just sell him.

Nail on head, 100% agree.

Why we're not selling is an absolute mystery. It's like having a million pound car and never taking it for a drive, just leaving it in an abandoned garage.

Unread 30-08-2021, 12:30 PM
Sparky***

this passage of play from Fred was just something else.

A manages somehow to deflect the ball straight to the only wolves player anywhere near him, then falls over.

Unread 30-08-2021, 12:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
this passage of play from Fred was just something else.

A manages somehow to deflect the ball straight to the only wolves player anywhere near him, then falls over.

https://twitter.com/yungxix/status/1...125673984?s=20
Convinced the rest of the team shit themselves because of him. Can see Ronaldo battering him.

Unread 30-08-2021, 12:40 PM
Dr Stranger

He’s not the best, but he was spectacularly shit yesterday. Even he’s better than that.
Closed Thread