Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wonder what herr keyboard teeth will blame that on
Everyone by the looks of it at the end.

Imagine getting a penalty on review and a red card for your team and then moaning about the ref because your team created £#%&! all.

Nice to see them huff and puff like that.

Unread 28-08-2021, 07:38 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think game three is far too early to start worrying about ‘lesser of two evils’ games. Let’s save those for December when we’re 9 points off the pace and out of the CL in the group stage
ALWAYS take the lesser ......

Unread 28-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

nobody talking about Chelsea's 100m quid forward offering absolutely £#%&! all for the entire 2nd half besides awful touches and watching the ball sail over his head?

Unread 28-08-2021, 07:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
nobody talking about Chelsea's 100m quid forward offering absolutely £#%&! all for the entire 2nd half besides awful touches and watching the ball sail over his head?
They’ve picked their camp on that one. He’s the ‘final piece of the jigsaw’ and he’s matured since leaving England.

Personally, I think he looks like exactly the same player that I never wanted. One that looks like he’s constantly running either uphill or downhill.

Unread 28-08-2021, 08:00 PM
saffers

Great result.

Chelsea impressive. If Lukaku plays like he did at Inter I think they will be the team for us to beat. Not very impressive today though.

Unread 28-08-2021, 08:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Great result.

Chelsea impressive. If Lukaku plays like he did at Inter I think they will be the team for us to beat. Not very impressive today though.
Chelsea flirted with being a footballing team under Lampard. Youth, open football and all that. They tried that for 18 months and then binned it immediately.

They're now back to being what they've been largely since 2004. A pragmatic, tight, disciplined unit with a big battering ram up front.

This new rule about tackling could turn out to be the best rule they've implemented since doing away with the passback. The amount of times Jorginho hurled himself on the floor at the slightest touch in the 2nd half expecting free kicks was a joke. No other intention apart from stopping the game. That, above all, needs to stop. We need football matches in this country to start ebbing and flowing again, not this 'you attack, we foul you, then we attack and you foul us' shite that's been going on for a while.

Unread 28-08-2021, 08:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Chelsea flirted with being a footballing team under Lampard. Youth, open football and all that. They tried that for 18 months and then binned it immediately.

They're now back to being what they've been largely since 2004. A pragmatic, tight, disciplined unit with a big battering ram up front.

This new rule about tackling could turn out to be the best rule they've implemented since doing away with the passback. The amount of times Jorginho hurled himself on the floor at the slightest touch in the 2nd half expecting free kicks was a joke. No other intention apart from stopping the game. That, above all, needs to stop. We need football matches in this country to start ebbing and flowing again, not this 'you attack, we foul you, then we attack and you foul us' shite that's been going on for a while.
On the other hand I’d like to see City get away with less snide fouls. Absolute kings of it. Happens so often too.

Unread 28-08-2021, 08:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
On the other hand I’d like to see City get away with less snide fouls. Absolute kings of it. Happens so often too.
yeah that too. we need to find a balance. it's one thing to ignore players throwing themselves on the floor though at the slightest touch... but it's another when you see things like Fabinho today, completely chopping down Kai Havertz as he was about to bear down on Liverpool's defence. Not even a yellow card. He did the same thing several times and yet gets no card.

Unread 28-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Danoli

I’m glad Neville and the commentator picked up on it a few times during the match

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:42 PM
20LEgend1999

Good to see Juventus flourishing after getting rid of the man who was holding them back.

Unread 28-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Watching MOTD, Brandon Williams had a £#%&!ing nightmare of a game.

Unread 28-08-2021, 11:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Watching MOTD, Brandon Williams had a £#%&!ing nightmare of a game.
I hate to break this to you - but he’s shit

Unread 28-08-2021, 11:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I hate to break this to you - but he’s shit
You are breaking nothing to me, SIR.
Closed Thread