United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Question for you. 2 minutes in against Newcastle, stadium is rocking Viva Ronaldo!!! We get a penalty. Who do you want to take it? Good old reliable Bruno or full on goon if Ronaldo scores?
Dave

Unread 02-09-2021, 10:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Question for you. 2 minutes in against Newcastle, stadium is rocking Viva Ronaldo!!! We get a penalty. Who do you want to take it? Good old reliable Bruno or full on goon if Ronaldo scores?
bruno. no skip.

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:04 AM
believe

I reckon Ole has got to manage this situation now more than Ferguson had to when Ronaldo first arrived. Turning it in to the Ronaldo show may have a negative impact on certain players but then he’s got the dilemma of Ronaldo actually being much better at most things than anyone else

Definitely won’t see a change of captaincy and I doubt there’s any harm in rotating free kicks and pens between Bruno, Fred and Ronaldo.

I’m going to actually throw it out there that Ronaldo starts on the bench against Newcastle.

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:15 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Definitely won’t see a change of captaincy and I doubt there’s any harm in rotating free kicks and pens between Bruno, Fred and Ronaldo.
Pardon?

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:16 AM
jem

Quote:
I reckon Ole has got to manage this situation now more than Ferguson had to when Ronaldo first arrived. Turning it in to the Ronaldo show may have a negative impact on certain players but then he’s got the dilemma of Ronaldo actually being much better at most things than anyone else

I’m going to actually throw it out there that Ronaldo starts on the bench against Newcastle.
*snorts*

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I think there’s some validity to that, yeah. I don’t want us to defer to him. To start looking for him and only him.

Bruno never looks the same player when I watch him for Portugal, so I hope we don’t see watered down version of him.

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Pogba, but only on the proviso he does this run-up:

Unread 02-09-2021, 11:40 AM
RedMenace

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think there’s some validity to that, yeah. I don’t want us to defer to him. To start looking for him and only him.

Bruno never looks the same player when I watch him for Portugal, so I hope we don’t see watered down version of him.
Yeah Bruno almost seems to be in Ronaldo's shadow when playing for Portugal. He's not as vocal on the pitch either. He was involved a reasonable amount last night but nothing compared to the way he is with United.

Unread 02-09-2021, 12:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Pogba, but only on the proviso he does this run-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VUEoMh7OTg
The only time I want to see him do that slow run up is up a flight of stairs, onto a private jet, destined for Madrid.

Unread 02-09-2021, 04:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Yeah Bruno almost seems to be in Ronaldo's shadow when playing for Portugal. He's not as vocal on the pitch either. He was involved a reasonable amount last night but nothing compared to the way he is with United.
Its less to do with playing with Ronaldo and more to do with not having the trust of the manager

He's nearly always the first taken off even if like last night Silva was a lot worse

At Utd he has the complete trust and support of the manager so he's a lot more confident and secure in his place in the side

Unread 02-09-2021, 04:19 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Its less to do with playing with Ronaldo and more to do with not having the trust of the manager

He's nearly always the first taken off even if like last night Silva was a lot worse

At Utd he has the complete trust and support of the manager so he's a lot more confident and secure in his place in the side
Also they play deeper for Portugal.
Both Bruno and Ronnie.

Unread 02-09-2021, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Well as I said Ronnie hopefully got the shite pelanty out of his system last night, so.......
Closed Thread