United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
If you have ambitions of winning the pl or cl your strikers have to be finishing those sort of chances
I wouldn’t have faith in any of our players finishing that chance on the reg, they are all inconsistent. But a lad who has just turned 21 has a better chance than most of becoming consistent if he is managed correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat isn't a sitter?

Alright then.
It was a good chance and a good save, he hit it well and with good direction, another day that goes in.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
as far as i remember he had a lot of saved shots/deflections. The guy was one of the best finishers and yet he tried lashing them in so i think it's a bit harsh to criticise some kid for going for power in a finish. andy cole was on how many goals when he joined us?

finishing is the hardest thing in football.
For a striker it's his job

Cole was in a very dominant Utd side at the time and like rashford
if both only have one chance in a game both are 50/50 at best

TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
as far as i remember he had a lot of saved shots/deflections. The guy was one of the best finishers and yet he tried lashing them in so i think it's a bit harsh to criticise some kid for going for power in a finish. andy cole was on how many goals when he joined us?

finishing is the hardest thing in football.
Too true.

Once heard Shearer describing his own technique/tactic of favouring powering it in front of goal and he seemed to do alright. Sparkles just hates the idea of northerners playing for utd

armchair

these are the same people complained about ronaldo taking all the freekicks.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
There will never be a top striking black manc in the book of sparks will there, ever? If you can't see that the lad, at 20, has all the attributes to push on and become a top player then you quite simply are blinding yourself to it.
Why did you have to bring race into it? Are you a racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Great to see a magical win being suffocated by a road sweeper window cleaner and a toilet attendant on how shit a 21 year old lad is developing ... absolute £#%&!ing whoppers on here
Again with the whoppers.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
these are the same people complained about ronaldo taking all the freekicks.
Don't you mean Beckham taking all the corners?

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Stone Monkey

The thing about Rashford that annoys me more than anything isn't the missed chances or the fluffed shots, every player has shots saved or misses the target. It's his decision making when he's on goal when there's much better options available that pisses me off. He goes for that worldy when there's one or two players in much better scoring / attacking positions available. This is what's holding him back from becoming a top class striker because he isn't adding the maturity to his game that he should be doing by now. He has everything, in abundance, whether or not he uses it is up to him.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Cream

It was a decent enough effort. The run and link up with Martial was impressive.

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:02 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why did you have to bring race into it? Are you a racist?
Does having no love of #@&%!ernees in particular and southerners in general count as racist? if it's a yes, then yes, put me down for two and extras on holidays and holy days

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:07 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It was a decent enough effort. The run and link up with Martial was impressive.
Perspective

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:25 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Great to see a magical win being suffocated by a road sweeper window cleaner and a toilet attendant on how shit a 21 year old lad is developing ... absolute £#%&!ing whoppers on here
So, just so we're clear, perhaps you'd like to inform the forum here exactly what profession one has to be employed in so they can venture an opinion on a footballer?

I take it from your condescending tone you must be at least a qualified UEFA B level coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Does having no love of #@&%!ernees in particular and southerners in general count as racist? if it's a yes, then yes, put me down for two and extras on holidays and holy days
No idea what any of this has do with any of the points made other than to satisfy your own little inferiority complex. Weirdo.

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Spock

He's a bit like Welbeck, flatters to deceive. Can be decent at times/ spells but massively overrated so far in his career. If he wasn't a manc etc..

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It wasn't a sitter
For a class striker it would have been.

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
For a class striker it would have been.
for any kind of striker.

he has scored some wonderful goals, but that is an embarrassing miss. robbie fowler would have scored it.

Unread 08-11-2018, 12:52 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
for any kind of striker.

he has scored some wonderful goals, but that is an embarrassing miss. robbie fowler would have scored it.
Rob Earnshaw would have scored it

Unread 08-11-2018, 07:03 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So, just so we're clear, perhaps you'd like to inform the forum here exactly what profession one has to be employed in so they can venture an opinion on a footballer?

I take it from your condescending tone you must be at least a qualified UEFA B level coach?

No idea what any of this has do with any of the points made other than to satisfy your own little inferiority complex. Weirdo.
no pal just fa coching badge level 1 ..people see the bigger picture see his age his development let time take its course see what he offers his attitude his need to get better ..can only image the £#%&!ing EXPERTS on match thread when ronaldo th 18 to 21 version hit old trafford

Unread 08-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
He's a bit like Welbeck, flatters to deceive. Can be decent at times/ spells but massively overrated so far in his career. If he wasn't a manc etc..
This

Blows hot and cold

Unread 08-11-2018, 08:04 AM
waynes ear's

Well after he cost me this, he’s dead to me

Unread 08-11-2018, 08:36 AM
Child of Darkness

Poor finish for the last minute attempt . Can't decide whether a prolonged run isn't what he needs or back to basics

Unread 08-11-2018, 08:48 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Poor finish for the last minute attempt . Can't decide whether a prolonged run isn't what he needs or back to basics
you dont support utd
Closed Thread