Just seen, the best they are offering him is a six month contract

bargain basement hire.
Is Phil joining him as assistant ?

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
British managers don’t get given a chance though
Younger ones certainly don't tbf. Instead its "lets give Gollum or Big Sam another go".

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:01 PM
20 times

He wants Stewart Pearce as part of his coaching team

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Just seen, the best they are offering him is a six month contract

bargain basement hire.
It'll only take him six weeks to destroy the club to its very foundations.

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:10 PM
TheFatGoth

Looking forward to seeing which ex/current Everton, United, Sociedad, Sunderland players he brings in the next window.

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:11 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Looking forward to seeing which ex/current Everton, United, Sociedad, Sunderland players he brings in the next window.
Didn’t his Sunderland squad have more Everton appearances than the Everton squad? I’m sure I heard this somewhere but it might not be true. Hope it is tbh

Unread 06-11-2017, 06:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also finds time to have fights at wine bars and threaten female reporters. All while being hopeless at his job.

Though if there's one thing God loves more than a trier, it's a pure charmer. Someone with a bit of unmistakable allure and style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8TqsgPBuwc
Never seen that before

"They've been training with me....dos, tres...quattro....err...times...."

All while trying to avoid doing a Barton/McLaren and slipping into a Manuel from Fawlty Tower FFS

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Never seen that before

All while trying to avoid doing a Barton/McLaren and slipping into a Manuel from Fawlty Tower FFS
Sociedad chairman should have stopped the conference there and then, handed him his P45 and @#%&!ted him across the head and out the door ala Basil.....

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:59 PM
rockored2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Or schadenfreude
Whoosh

Unread 07-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Pop

Two and a half year contract, clause to terminate it before next season if West Ham are relegated.

Oh, a two million bonus payment if he keeps them up

That @#%&! must have about £20m in the bank.

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:01 AM
sa7

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3677511.html

State of it. Full of vague statements of his credentials and excuses for his disastrous failures.

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Never seen that before

I love that clip.

The absolute concentration and focus on his face as realises now is the time to floor everyone with his early Spanish sage. Didn't bother to learn the whole sentence. Tell you what, if I say three numbers somewhere in the presser they'll all be dead impressed

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I love that clip.

The absolute concentration and focus on his face as realises now is the time to floor everyone with his early Spanish sage. Didn't bother to learn the whole sentence. Tell you what, if I say three numbers somewhere in the presser they'll all be dead impressed
Although then you can see his little brain panic as it realises it doesn't know the word for 'times'. ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3677511.html

State of it. Full of vague statements of his credentials and excuses for his disastrous failures.
The effort the media make to give him excuses is incredible, it really is. None of it is ever his fault. Big budget at United, medium budget at Sociedad, no budget at Sunderland - failed with all three. Two countries, three very different sets of expectations. If there really were a top manager in there, he'd have shown it by now, with a good cup run, a solid top-half finish, something. Instead every team he takes over almost immediately goes south, he pockets a load of cash and moves onto the next victim.
They are completely insane

Quote:
Real Sociedad was a mistake
That's the entirety of any reference to his sacking over there. 'A mistake'.

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Although then you can see his little brain panic as it realises it doesn't know the word for 'times'. ,

The effort the media make to give him excuses is incredible, it really is. None of it is ever his fault. Big budget at United, medium budget at Sociedad, no budget at Sunderland - failed with all three. Two countries, three very different sets of expectations. If there really were a top manager in there, he'd have shown it by now, with a good cup run, a solid top-half finish, something. Instead every team he takes over almost immediately goes south, he pockets a load of cash and moves onto the next victim.
They are completely insane

That's the entirety of any reference to his sacking over there. 'A mistake'.
Wish he'd said 'occaseons'

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:52 AM
no fun

We aspire to be like millwall

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:56 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Wish he'd said 'occaseons'
'Timeos' would have been good too.

I remember reading that when Big Ron was at Sociedad he just used to shove an 'o' on the end of everything. 'Right lads... shoot-o el goal-o.... ok?'

Unread 07-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Clarkie

His United contract hasn't expired yet....

Unread 07-11-2017, 09:10 AM
20 times

Confirmed
Closed Thread