United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:10 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
United are waiting until women’s facilities are installed at Carrington before hiring a DoF - did he get his job as part of some quota?
Tbf that wouldn’t surprise me at all given the state of the club.

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:22 PM
AK14

We were linked with that Berta fella at Atletico not that long ago, wonder if they still have an eye on him?

There’s a certain someone currently in the algarve who’d have been a good shout tbf...

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We were linked with that Berta fella at Atletico not that long ago, wonder if they still have an eye on him?
Surely Man City would be a better fit

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

There’s a certain someone currently in the algarve who’d have been a good shout tbf...
Wigan Ste?

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
My theory is they don't want to trust anybody other than yes man Woodward with the reality of our player budgets.

Ribalta £#%&!ed off to be sporting director of zenit, whereas here he was working alongside a global scout, chief scout, etc. Intentional mess imo.
My theory is they just don’t want to spend money.

Having acquired the club through the fans, they just want to carry on building their wealth at the clubs/fans expense. Utter leeching @#%&!s.

Nothing we didn’t know, even though some are still in denial but....

http://lastwordonfootball.com/2018/0...lazer-problem/

An absolute dream come true for Clubs like Ciddy and Chelsea, whilst we have become hampered by this lot, they got a billion poured into their clubs that they didn’t earn. The rest is pure semantics.

Unread 11-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
My theory is they just don’t want to spend money.

Having acquired the club through the fans, they just want to carry on building their wealth at the clubs/fans expense. Utter leeching c***s.

Nothing we didn’t know, even though some are still in denial but....

http://lastwordonfootball.com/2018/0...lazer-problem/

An absolute dream come true for Clubs like Ciddy and Chelsea, whilst we have become hampered by this lot, they got a billion poured into their clubs that they didn’t earn. The rest is pure semantics.
They have spent plenty since Fergie retired, it's just been squandered.

Agree they are the biggest problem and have been a gift to our rivals. Fergie going along with their "value" line is hard to take - that period from 2009-2013 is when everyone caught us up while we were signing Owen, Young, Bebe, Valencia etc

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
This is what i don't understand. Our owners love to cost cut....what better way to do so than investing in the best scouting set up they can with a long term man in charge of signings. We dont give Jose who he wants anyway, so get a guy in whos only job is to get the players out scouting set up think are the best.

Has to be better/cheaper than blowing our load on mongs, then having a season off spending because the previous signings have been gash.

I guess this would take effort though and we're more bothered about signing noodle mongs and tire @#%&!s.
Shit way to build a team. The manager has to pick the players to buy and sell. He’s the one working with them every day, the one who sees the mix or character and personality in the dressing room. By all means have someone above him to work with him in doing that, but the manager has to have final say.

Nicky butt is the man at the club with the long term view, running all the other teams independently of the first team manager. We just need a top scouting network and a man who has loads of contacts and who is skilled with people and negotiating in place of Woodward doing the deals.

I’d believe the director of football stuff when a journalist more credible on united matters than Jamie Jackson writes about it.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:06 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Wigan Ste?

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Wigan Ste?

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
They have spent plenty since Fergie retired, it's just been squandered.

Agree they are the biggest problem and have been a gift to our rivals. Fergie going along with their "value" line is hard to take - that period from 2009-2013 is when everyone caught us up while we were signing Owen, Young, Bebe, Valencia etc
Crap that Fergie bought in his later years coupled with three changes of manager ha meant no continuity and players signed by previous managers haven’t suited the following manager. We know the rot set in from the Ronaldo/Owen farce and then we lost VDS, Evra, Vidic, Rio, Scholes, Giggs, RVP and more. Of course money was spent on their replacements but inadequately and with different managers. Biggest earning club on the planet and we’ve been outspent by mid-table clubs and people are in denial because it gives the current manager some mitigation, and that is just a no-go area for some.

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:23 AM
redhegemony

Looks like the Glazer model of buying with debt leveraged on the club is the one happening at Arsenal. Service the debt with management fees and exploit sponsorship to the nth degree.

Looking at the players Arsenal have bought it's happening already.

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Looks like the Glazer model of buying with debt leveraged on the club is the one happening at Arsenal. Service the debt with management fees and exploit sponsorship to the nth degree.

Looking at the players Arsenal have bought it's happening already.
I could never get my head round how they were allowed to buy the club & just lump their debt onto it.

Unread 12-08-2018, 10:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Wigan Ste?

He’d do a better job than Woody tbf so why not.

Unread 12-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
I could never get my head round how they were allowed to buy the club & just lump their debt onto it.

Unread 12-08-2018, 12:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
The same principle that allows the likes of us plebs to buy a house and pay for it out of future earnings via a mortgage.

Unread 12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The same principle that allows the likes of us plebs to buy a house and pay for it out of future earnings via a mortgage.
But would the banks loan us plebs the money if we were already in debt to the tune of 5 times the mortgage we want ?

Unread 12-08-2018, 01:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
But would the banks loan us plebs the money if we were already in debt to the tune of 5 times the mortgage we want ?
If our future earnings were enough.

United's have been. The pressure's all off now as far as financing the debt goes. Investment over and above our earnings isn't an option sure, but does it really need to be?

Unread 12-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If our future earnings were enough.
So in effect I could have bought the club

Unread 12-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Nope

You can't do what the gazers did in the good old USA