United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 31-08-2023, 09:32 AM
believe

Yeah but he’s right apart from all that.

Unread 31-08-2023, 09:34 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
At best this is a subjective opinion, but regardless; we came 3rd last season as well as winning the league cup. Most people could probably name at least 15 'worst coached' teams. Maybe starting with Chelsea, perhaps, who spent well over £600m and ended up ... 12th.
And got to the FA cup final where we were the better team but ultimately lost against a team that won the league with 115 charges hanging over them.

Unread 31-08-2023, 10:27 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
£#%&!ing give over . He achieved less than Frank De Boer in Holland; the man considered Britain’s worst ever manager. ETH had a pass last year, but we’re still the worst coached team in the league, and his transfer strategy revolves around turds from Holland or Bundesliga 2. At least the useless bastard has put to to bed the argument the manager doesn’t sign players.

Those magnificent Qataris will be booting him the minute he concedes 5+ at a rival, shouldn’t be too long.

As for picking out typos when posting from a phone on possibly the world’s least user friendly mobile site…? It’s a shame you didn’t permanently lock yourself in your 1-6 bunker.
Hi Marlo

Unread 31-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
And got to the FA cup final where we were the better team but ultimately lost against a team that won the league with 115 charges hanging over them.
Better team is a stretch tbf.

Unread 31-08-2023, 10:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Better team is a stretch tbf.
I know I was pissed but I don’t think I’ve ever been that pissed.

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:15 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
And got to the FA cup final where we were the better team .

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:21 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
ETH had a 74% win rate, won 3 league titles in 3 seasons as well as 2 Dutch cups and the Dutch super cup. He also guided them to the CL semi finals. Total trophies: 6

De Boer had a 60.31% win rate, he did win 4 titles however this was over 5 seasons and was sacked when he lost the title to PSV. He also never progressed beyond the group stage of the CL. Total trophies: 4
Win percentages How did he fair in the par league?

4 titles > 3 titles. End of.

Quote:
Paul Jewell is without doubt considered the worst PL manager of all time, having amassed 11 points across the entirety of a season with Derby.
De Boer managed 4 games, lost 4, scored 0. That is a 100% failure rate. So no, Jewell is not the worst manager in PL history.

Quote:
At best this is a subjective opinion, but regardless; we came 3rd last season as well as winning the league cup. Most people could probably name at least 15 'worst coached' teams. Maybe starting with Chelsea, perhaps, who spent well over £600m and ended up ... 12th.
You're right it is subjective, but read any post match analysis on here and pretty much every poster is lamenting why every squad seems to look fitter, faster and more cohesive. Nobody can really identify any formation we play, and the Football is pretty much the same as its been for years i.e., shit.

Fair enough if you see something different.

Quote:
Players signed:

Martinez (Ajax)
Antony (Ajax)
Onana (Inter Milan)
Casemiro (Real Madrid)
Hojlund (Atalanta)
Mount (Chelsea)
Eriksen (Inter Milan)
Malacia (Feynoord)

Players signed from 'Holland or Bundesliga 2' : 3 out of 8 (37.5%)
Anything above 1% is bad enough, 3 out of 8 is embarrassing, and well played on conveniently dismissing that Onana is ex-Ajax, so is Eriksen, and even Mount was signed following his dazzling cameo at Vitesse...Oh and special mention to £#%&!ing Weghorst.

Most players we seem to be linked with are players he has previously worked with, it's very one dimensional and lacks imagination.

Quote:
We're owned by the glazers
No shit.

Quote:
Hope this helps
Not at all pal, but good try. Execution lacking and clear details omitted.

I'll leave it here however. I've recently had a ban for a NSFW and off-topic post, so I don't want to de-rail the thread further (apologies Armchair).

Take this pasting and learn from it, think of what might have been.

Quote:

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:26 AM
jem

Quote:
read any post match analysis on here and pretty much every poster is lamenting why every squad seems to look fitter, faster and more cohesive. Nobody can really identify any formation we play, and the Football is pretty much the same as its been for years i.e., shit.
that's a bit unfair. I think 10h has been experimenting with new ways to make it shit in the first few games with his pep lite inverted fullbacks and lightweight am overload. credit where it's due.

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Ok.

ETH had a 74% win rate, won 3 league titles in 3 seasons as well as 2 Dutch cups and the Dutch super cup. He also guided them to the CL semi finals. Total trophies: 6

De Boer had a 60.31% win rate, he did win 4 titles however this was over 5 seasons and was sacked when he lost the title to PSV. He also never progressed beyond the group stage of the CL. Total trophies: 4

Paul Jewell is without doubt considered the worst PL manager of all time, having amassed 11 points across the entirety of a season with Derby.

Players signed:

Martinez (Ajax)
Antony (Ajax)
Onana (Inter Milan)
Casemiro (Real Madrid)
Hojlund (Atalanta)
Mount (Chelsea)
Eriksen (Inter Milan)
Malacia (Feynoord)

Hope this all helps.
Thank you for doing the work so I didn't have to (i.e. couldn't be bothered)

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:36 AM
believe

Quote:

De Boer managed 4 games, lost 4, scored 0. That is a 100% failure rate. So no, Jewell is not the worst manager in PL history.

You're right it is subjective, but read any post match analysis on here and pretty much every poster is lamenting why every squad seems to look fitter, faster and more cohesive. Nobody can really identify any formation we play, and the Football is pretty much the same as its been for years i.e., shit.

Anything above 1% is bad enough, 3 out of 8 is embarrassing, and well played on conveniently dismissing that Onana is ex-Ajax, so is Eriksen, and even Mount was signed following his dazzling cameo at Vitesse...Oh and special mention to £#%&!ing Weghorst.

Most players we seem to be linked with are players he has previously worked with, it's very one dimensional and lacks imagination.

No shit.

Not at all pal, but good try. Execution lacking and clear details omitted.

I'll leave it here however. I've recently had a ban for a NSFW and off-topic post, so I don't want to de-rail the thread further (apologies Armchair).

Take this pasting and learn from it, think of what might have been.

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:

how can eth win more than 4 titles when he was there 3 seasons? He won the title every season he was there, and on top of that won 3 cups and got to the CL final. You said ETH achieved 'less' than de boer and this is untrue.

Loss percentages how did he fair in the par league?

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/...league-history

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/wor...5a9d877d7f122d

https://sportsbrief.com/football/123...in-percentage/

https://sports-view.co.uk/2023/05/th...league-history

You said we're the "worst coached side in the league". Clearly that's absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.

Your claim was that he has only signed "turds from Holland or Bundesliga 2". You're wrong.

hth.

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Try and prove my posts wrong…
Quote:
Ok.

Players signed:

Martinez (Ajax)
Antony (Ajax)
Onana (Inter Milan)
Casemiro (Real Madrid)
Hojlund (Atalanta)
Mount (Chelsea)
Eriksen (Inter Milan)
Malacia (Feynoord)

Hope this all helps.

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:42 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
hth.
You can be as hell bent as you want on this Paul Jewell thing, but he managed Wigan to promotion and kept them up, quite an achievement, as well as reaching an English domestic cup final. De Boer lost literally every game he managed in England without scoring a goal. It can't and hasn't got any worse than that.

My second point regards to transfers stands, HTH.

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Unread 31-08-2023, 02:51 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Using that same logic, ETH is the most successful manager in United's history - 73% win rate, compared to Fergie in second with 65%.

Obviously nonsense, but then so was the logic you used.

Unread 31-08-2023, 02:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Neither Paul Jewell nor De Boer are the worst managers in the Premier League. Jewell inherited a team in late November who hadn't won a game all season, they were as good as down already. De Boer managed for 5 games, extrapolating from such a small sample size is best left for the gimps on Twitter. While we are off-topic, Mick McCarthy has a good shout as the worst manager, twice got a team promoted and twice broke the record for lowest point totals.

Unread 31-08-2023, 03:27 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Using that same logic, ETH is the most successful manager in United's history - 73% win rate, compared to Fergie in second with 65%.

Obviously nonsense, but then so was the logic you used.
Ok chief, let's agree to disagree.

Unread 31-08-2023, 03:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Neither Paul Jewell nor De Boer are the worst managers in the Premier League. Jewell inherited a team in late November who hadn't won a game all season, they were as good as down already. De Boer managed for 5 games, extrapolating from such a small sample size is best left for the gimps on Twitter. While we are off-topic, Mick McCarthy has a good shout as the worst manager, twice got a team promoted and twice broke the record for lowest point totals.

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:51 PM
windy waffles

Be nice for him to leave today tbh.

Luton linked now...

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:54 PM
dunk

Had a fair few opportunities to go, loan or permanent, faffed and turne them all down so far, strange tactic from someone who hasn’t played regularly in near 3 years.