United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:18 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's unreal isn't it? Finding things to be contrary about even when we win. Lost today so the usual #@&%!s are loving it.

Weird. Proper weird.
this is an odd view

people are rightly complaining. just because it makes marlo right for the day doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t complain?!

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:20 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought Rashford was a disgrace tbh. Sell him while we can.
I can't make him out honestly. Is it possible for a shit player to score 30 times in a season? Normally I'd say no, but one's a fact and the other looks like a fact.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
this is an odd view

people are rightly complaining. just because it makes marlo right for the day doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t complain?!
I don't mean complaining. I'm complaining and moaning. It's the #@&%!s that are absolutely delighted we've lost (or, they think it's a great wum to carry on about sacking the manager after beating Wolves).

Complaining and being angry are absolutely fine.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
this is an odd view

Exactly. Most people are rightly pissed off Manchester United fans at a shit Manchester United performance. That’s fine and all it is.

The broken records that Pre-doom are different.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:23 PM
believe

Quote:
It's unreal isn't it? Finding things to be contrary about even when we win. Lost today so the usual #@&%!s are loving it.

Weird. Proper weird.
Probably help your hysterical cause if you could point to one person who is “loving it”

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Probably help your hysterical cause if you could point to one person who is “loving it”
Jem
Marlo

That's two.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:26 PM
Sloppy

United will never be good again until we get oil money.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:30 PM
wiganste

Quote:

Weird. Proper weird.
I'm done with this forum. I'm not announcing a flounce but I can't be arsed

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Jem
Marlo

That's two.
I am not £#%&!ing loving it, you idiot - it is exasperating. everyone knows what the main problem is (maybe everyone doesn't include the manager, but whevs). watching this play out is torturous. I want united to win... and in style. just because I can identify a problem and a solution doesn't mean I relish being right. it is what it is. and what it is is avoidable.

I am not one of the "we're three points better off than last year" gang. we're three points worse off than we should be and we were £#%&!ing lucky to get the three points we have.

you're an idiot. you think I £#%&!ing love that, too?

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:39 PM
dunk

Bruno..

Quote:
After the game, Fernandes told Stadium Astro: “You have to ask him (why it was not a penalty). They have to start doing interviews after the games so they can explain themselves.

“It’s a clear penalty. No excuse for not seeing that, not excuse for the VAR not seeing that. Last week, they made a big thing out of United not having a penalty given against us (during the game against Wolves), I want to see what’s going to happen this week, if there’s going to be the same show they did last week.

“I want to see if Jon Moss (the manager of the Premier League referees at governing body PGMOL) also comes to apologise to our dressing room, like they say they did to the manager of Wolves. I’ll be sitting here and they can come.”

Wolves were given an apology last week by Moss after they were denied a penalty for an apparent foul by Andre Onana in the last few minutes of their match against United.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bruno..
100% right.

Thank £#%&! its been said like that.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Bruno..
Good. Best thing he’s done all day.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:05 PM
Zorg

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Jem
Marlo

That's two.
I honestly don’t see that

Don’t think anyone enjoys us losing the 2nd game of the season against a team who will struggle to get top 6.

If it was a brain fart of a performance, fair enough. But a few on here were calling it out exactly in the week. Perhaps there’s an element of “I told you so” but no joy.

We are now in the transfer window like a daft husband on Feb 13th. Running around to buy something and the shops are charging £200 for some red panties and some Milk Tray.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Bruno..
He’ll probably be given a retrospective yellow card for saying that, and have to serve a ban for being sent off.

It’s an absolute shambles. Same happened against wolves. On both occasions, if it had been a unite player, it would’ve been front page news for a couple of days after.

We get denied two blatant penalties, Liverpool get that dive one today, and yet the only satisfactory solution for the refereeing troubles of the first week of the premier league is for Onana to be shot by firing squad for banging into someone after the ball had gone on Monday night.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:23 PM
Dr Stranger

I’m not a big one for moaning at refs, but that is as clear as it gets.

Onana’s might or might not be a pen, but the thing in his favour is that you simply don’t see those given against keepers very often. It’s just not that big a deal.

But the handball ticks all the boxes of what they usually give as a penalty:

Arms away from the body
Diving in attempting to block
Distance between attacker and defender

It’s a clear clear penalty. Much clearer than Monday. As Bruno says, I’ll look forward to precisely the same reaction.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
He’ll probably be given a retrospective yellow card for saying that, and have to serve a ban for being sent off.

It’s an absolute shambles. Same happened against wolves. On both occasions, if it had been a unite player, it would’ve been front page news for a couple of days after.

We get denied two blatant penalties, Liverpool get that dive one today, and yet the only satisfactory solution for the refereeing troubles of the first week of the premier league is for Onana to be shot by firing squad for banging into someone after the ball had gone on Monday night.
Between the Liverpool one being awarded and ours not, today should realistically give Talksport enough material for 6 months. And PGMOL should be apologising to us and Bournemouth and Sky Sports News should be running these huge debates every hour.

None of that will happen of course because its not the news that gets the clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://x.com/utdfaithfuls/status/16...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

I’m not a big one for moaning at refs, but that is as clear as it gets.

Onana’s might or might not be a pen, but the thing in his favour is that you simply don’t see those given against keepers very often. It’s just not that big a deal.

But the handball ticks all the boxes of what they usually give as a penalty:

Arms away from the body
Diving in attempting to block
Distance between attacker and defender

It’s a clear clear penalty. Much clearer than Monday. As Bruno says, I’ll look forward to precisely the same reaction.
What £#%&!s me off is Andros Townsend (hates United) is the first person to be asked on the Sky panel.

"NOT. A. CHAAAAANCE!!" (Giggles from the presenter, Redknapp and Keane)

Then Redknapp (hates United) is asked "No, its never a penawtee...no, not for me. Hes a yard away."

Then Keane is asked:

"No, it's not a penalty"

Discussion over. No points made about where the ball was going, nothing said about his arm being away from his body - absolutely £#%&! all. If that's us, there's trajectory lines drawn, 75 year old referees dug up, ABUs everywhere asked their opinions. It's a £#%&!ing piss take.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:36 PM
Stickman

Frustrating scenario.

The first 2 are going to say no penalty then Keane says the same as to not let the team off with an average display.

I look at it and think given what constitutes hand ball these days, I’d expect a penalty to be given for that at LEAST 7 times out of 10.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:44 PM
Dr Stranger

After the Wolves game:

After today:

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You’ll get more sense out of Father Jack Hackett than that @#%&!.
Closed Thread