United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Look at the goal he scored against Wigan at the JJB Stadium nine days ago, the goal that clinched a 10th league title for Ferguson and for himself.

Look at the way he drifts into position level with the last Wigan defender as Wayne Rooney picks the ball up midway inside the Wigan half.

Look at the way he drifts one way, then the other, instinctively staying onside as

Rooney looks up and plays the ball to his feet. The way that he takes one perfect touch to cushion the ball and then guides it past the onrushing Chris Kirkland like Tiger Woods stroking the ball into the cup.

That goal was as beautiful in its conception and execution as those he scored in the early and mid-90s when he was even more lithe, even more lightning fast, than he is now.
And look at the way Ronaldo took his lead off Giggs' movement to create the space.

People have been banging on all season about Nani being Giggs' heir apparent. I say he is in fact Giggs' heir presumptive - he has much to learn, and there is no semblence of ceertainty that he is up to the task as yet.

Ronaldo is the best placed player to take over from Giggs as the team's creative brain. Rooney is likely to be around a lot longer, though.

Unread 20-05-2008, 10:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I could watch the goals he scored against QPR
That was my first ever United game

Ryan Giggs is the last link (on the pitch) to the United sides of my childhood. I just can't imagine the club without him. When he does finally retire, a little bit of what makes United so special to me will go with him.

It's been a joy to grow up these last 17 years watching him play for us.

Unread 20-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Ryan Giggs is the last link (on the pitch) to the United sides of my childhood. I just can't imagine the club without him. When he does finally retire, a little bit of what makes United so special to me will go with him.

It's been a joy to grow up these last 17 years watching him play for us.

Exactly the same for me, mate.

I still get just as much joy watching him now as I did then.

Please don't retire Ryan

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Exactly the same for me, mate.

I still get just as much joy watching him now as I did then.

Please don't retire Ryan
He's not gonna retire, have no fear.

You really think Giggs wants to sit in the stands when this brilliant team walks out in the Stadio Olympico this time next year

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Spiffy

For the record, Hansen and Neal have 8 league titles each. Ryan Giggs broke the record last year.

Taken from Phil Neals wikipedia page

Quote:
Neal won eight Football League First Division 1 League championships, a record which has since been surpassed by Ryan Giggs' 10th winners medal in 2008.
I wonder who amended that? Must be a red.
Closed Thread