United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Europa or no European football?
Europa 10 15.38%
No European football 55 84.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:04 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Final in Dublin v Liverpool
Christ, if that happened it would be utter carnage.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:18 AM
Sparky***

This current United side will be seen off by most european outfits, so there's absolutely no chance of them making the final of any competitions quite frankly.

Unread 09-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This current United side will be seen off by most european outfits, so there's absolutely no chance of them making the final of any competitions quite frankly.
This.

I don’t like the Europa at the best of times, never mind entering it as CL drop outs, only to get @#%&!ted by Liverpool.

One game per week please.

The way to rescue this season is to get some players back, get them on the training pitch with an actual manageable schedule. Get Ratcliffe in with a proper plan and shift one or two £#%&!ers in the window.

£#%&! the Europa. This team is not ready for assaults on all fronts, we need coaching.

Unread 09-11-2023, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:

We're struggling in a group with Galatasaray and Copenhagen. Qualification should have been a given. Clubs in the Europa would be hoping they get us in the draw. Likely we'd face a mid tier Spanish team and out we go. Waste of everyone's time.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Last year and most of the others I wanted us to avoid it, but actually think this team needs more football....

Feel like the season hadn't started and we're in November.....

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Last year and most of the others I wanted us to avoid it, but actually think this team needs more football....

Feel like the season hadn't started and we're in November.....
who gives a £#%&! what they need

i think we're all entitled to seeing a bit less of them. Can we have a world cup again next month please?

Sick to the £#%&!ing back teeth of watching these hapless joeys get bitch-slapped all over europe.

Unread 09-11-2023, 03:13 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
who gives a £#%&! what they need

i think we're all entitled to seeing a bit less of them. Can we have a world cup again next month please?

Sick to the £#%&!ing back teeth of watching these hapless joeys get bitch-slapped all over europe.
And England.

Unread 09-11-2023, 07:51 PM
Travis Bickle

I'm in the significant minority who would prefer the Europa to nothing at all. I am also a masochist.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:28 PM
marlo

We are getting tossed out in our first game in it so it doesn’t really matter.

We are rubbish.
Can barely beat teams and running out of narratives now.

When we needed last minute goals to win against the dross of the league it was “about getting the results regardless of how we play”
but now when we lose but play ok for 30 minutes it’s “there’s alot of good to take away from that”

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:35 PM
Fat Al

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We are rubbish.

When we needed last minute goals to win against the dross of the league it was “about getting the results regardless of how we play”
but now when we lose but play ok for 30 minutes it’s “there’s alot of good to take away from that”
What’s that got to do with this thread?

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We are getting tossed out in our first game in it so it doesn’t really matter.

We are rubbish.

But ... you are not running out of narratives. You simply repeat the same ones.