United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Shall we maybe see how the team develops under him before condemning the tactics he hasn't yet deployed, using players we haven't signed?
Well first of all, you can do what you like. The idea that everyone has to agree is a bit of an odd one tbh.

Your striker dictates your style of play more than anyone else, as Ibrahimovich's detractors last season continually pointed out.

Lukaku is a route one long ball oaf who couldn't trap a bag of sand. It's blatantly obvious how United will play with him. He will be effective with United playing to his strengths, just like he was with the styles of West Brom and Everton.

If you're expecting a visual feast of tiki taka you might just be a tad disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
United just need to score more goals, it really is that simple. This whole "playing the right way" is a load of old codswallop.
Hey if you like long ball shit on a stick percentage stuff you fill your boots. I'd personally prefer to see United playing a slightly more cerebral style of football than west brom or stoke but whatever floats your boat pal.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Hey if you like long ball shit on a stick percentage stuff you fill your boots. I'd personally prefer to see United playing a slightly more cerebral style of football than west brom or stoke but whatever floats your boat pal.
take a walk across town then to the Etihad and watch 'PED' Guardiola teach his centre backs and goalkeepers how to play triangles.

£#%&!ing 'cerebral' style of football ffs.

You absolute FourFourTwo reader

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Alan

Quote:
take a walk across town then to the Etihad and watch 'PED' Guardiola teach his centre backs and goalkeepers how to play triangles.

£#%&!ing 'cerebral' style of football ffs.

You absolute FourFourTwo reader
Sorry to offend you with big words pal.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sorry to offend you with big words pal.
That's alright pal, i've got google.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Well first of all, you can do what you like. The idea that everyone has to agree is a bit of an odd one tbh.

Your striker dictates your style of play more than anyone else, as Ibrahimovich's detractors last season continually pointed out.

Lukaku is a route one long ball oaf who couldn't trap a bag of sand. It's blatantly obvious how United will play with him. He will be effective with United playing to his strengths, just like he was with the styles of West Brom and Everton.

If you're expecting a visual feast of tiki taka you might just be a tad disappointed.

Where on earth have I said I want to see that kind of football??

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying it hasn't happened yet.

Your assessment of lukaku is incorrect too. I suggest you watch his goals for Everton. Very few come from long punts up the pitch.

I don't remember Everton being criticised for being long ball merchants last season.

And they were anything but that when they were managed by martinez - under whom lukaku scored freely too. 23 goals in a season that got martinez the sack.

It's lazy to just assume a team will lump the ball forward becuase their striker is big and powerful.

So are lewadowski, Kane and Augbemayamg. Their clubs play nice stuff.

Again, at least wait to see if we actually do play shit football before calling our football shit?

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Alan

Quote:
That's alright pal, i've got google.
Doesn't look like you can use it very well then if it's led you to think prioritising brain over braun is reserved for pep and city.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Doesn't look like you can use it very well then if it's led you to think prioritising brain over braun is reserved for pep and city.
I've googled how to make perfect scrambled eggs, so it's helped me there.

The joke, i believe, is on you sir.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Where on earth have I said I want to see that kind of football??

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying it hasn't happened yet.

Your assessment of lukaku is incorrect too. I suggest you watch his goals for Everton. Very few come from long punts up the pitch.

I don't remember Everton being criticised for being long ball merchants last season.

And they were anything but that when they were managed by martinez - under whom lukaku scored freely too. 23 goals in a season that got martinez the sack.

It's lazy to just assume a team will lump the ball forward becuase their striker is big and powerful.

So are lewadowski, Kane and Augbemayamg. Their clubs play nice stuff.

Again, at least wait to see if we actually do play shit football before calling our football shit?
You haven't said that, it was directed at sparky who said he doesn't give a shit how United play.

I've seen plenty of Lukaku playing at his various clubs to know how he plays, and more to the point I've seen Mourinho's old chelsea sides which played some seriously ugly stuff.

I'd say it's more lazy to not think about it at all, stick your head in the sand and hope for the best when it's as plain as day what will happen.

As for your other suggestions, none of them are anything like Lukaku, even if their names are a bit harder for you to spell.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:51 PM
marlo

the ugly football myth is back again......

chelsea last season were more a functional team then exciting team
leicester played defensive mixed with route 1 football the season before when they won it.

and then theres united, for us to win the league or mount a decent ecl run, lukaku would need to score 25 goals, rashford 10-15, pogba 7-10, martial 10+ and mikytaryan would be on around 10 assists. if thats going to be considered 'ugly' or boring then i don't know what to tell you...

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
You haven't said that, it was directed at sparky who said he doesn't give a shit how United play.

I've seen plenty of Lukaku playing at his various clubs to know how he plays, and more to the point I've seen Mourinho's old chelsea sides which played some seriously ugly stuff.

I'd say it's more lazy to not think about it at all, stick your head in the sand and hope for the best when it's as plain as day what will happen.

As for your other suggestions, none of them are anything like Lukaku, even if their names are a bit harder for you to spell.
Ah yes, I see that was at Sparky. My bad. Retracted.

As for your assessment of lukaku and mourinho, I fundamentally disagree.

With that in mind, good day sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the ugly football myth is back again......

chelsea last season were more a functional team then exciting team
leicester played defensive mixed with route 1 football the season before when they won it.

and then theres united, for us to win the league or mount a decent ecl run, lukaku would need to score 25 goals, rashford 10-15, pogba 7-10, martial 10+ and mikytaryan would be on around 10 assists. if thats going to be considered 'ugly' or boring then i don't know what to tell you...
I agree with Marlo.

Dammit.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:24 PM
LFOD

i'm not overly happy with him coming in. but who else other then the bench player for real was available? greasie wasn't coming , and trusting the strikers we have on the side - they aren't scoring for fun are they! 75m is a £#%&!ing joke.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
i'm not overly happy with him coming in. but who else other then the bench player for real was available? greasie wasn't coming , and trusting the strikers we have on the side aren't scoring for fun are they! 75m is a £#%&!ing joke.
Poor era for the sport imo. Real struggle to find top quality in historically key positions, CB, CM and CF.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:29 PM
saffers

Sad to see big al turn on mou

Speaking of mou, new pics on his office wall

This time next year could be a premier league, or cl...

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:42 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Poor era for the sport imo. Real struggle to find top quality in historically key positions, CB, CM and CF.
loads of team buying few developing the talent across europe. so . yes it's a struggle.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:44 PM
puressence

Seriously if you don't like it do something else alan your boring @#%&!. Bet you're the sort of @#%&! who takes all the egg mayo sandwiches first at weddings

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
United just need to score more goals, it really is that simple. This whole "playing the right way" is a load of old codswallop.
Yep.

To win the league these days you generally need someone to be scoring 20+ in the league.

Lukaku is probably the safest bet on that front.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Seriously if you don't like it do something else alan your boring @#%&!. Bet you're the sort of @#%&! who takes all the egg mayo sandwiches first at weddings

£#%&!ing hell...

Egg butty Alan

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Which obviously trumps murder in your book.

Unread 08-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 08-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Barcabal

Egg butty alan
Closed Thread