United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:23 PM
believe

Question 10 Hag should be sacked tonight

We've got one chance this season at winning a trophy. Does anyone think we'll win it under ten hag and then move forward?

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:25 PM
armchair

We could get Giggs in for the rest of the season.

We'll probably lose against Coventry, and even if we don't, we'll get massacred in the final.

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
We could get Giggs in for the rest of the season.

We'll probably lose against Coventry, and even if we don't, we'll get massacred in the final.
I got pelters on here for suggesting it a while ago but if ten hag isn't the right man just move him on and find the next person and rinse and repeat until it is.

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:32 PM
armchair

If you look at what the top clubs in europe do, no-one hires some up and coming guy then give him year after year as the team gets worse and worse.

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:36 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I got pelters on here for suggesting it a while ago but if ten hag isn't the right man just move him on and find the next person and rinse and repeat until it is.
I don't know how anyone can't at least have doubts at this point. And rather than get into endless debates about whether it's him or the serial losers we have in our squad, here's an idea, get rid of the lot of them. Then we don't have to worry about them doing it to the new bloke.

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
I don't know how anyone can't at least have doubts at this point. And rather than get into endless debates about whether it's him or the serial losers we have in our squad, here's an idea, get rid of the lot of them. Then we don't have to worry about them doing it to the new bloke.
Been saying it for a while. if you're a manager, be a manager. Sack all the @#%&!s who don't turn up or at least don't play them and when they play shit don't make excuses for them. United over the last year or so could tell most of the squad to £#%&! off and either earn their money or get to to £#%&!. I know it's all fanciful but last week everyone was posting about the under 18's beating liverpool 9-1 and saying the future's bright but most of them lads won't ever wear a first team shirt.

Any manager should be able to say this is shit lets try something else. This manager can't.

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:53 PM
armchair

Playing Rashford is a political not footballing decision and stupid either way.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:03 PM
madhattricks

I said it after the Chelsea match. There was a 6:16 to Amsterdam out of St Pancras. I would have stuck him on it then. No need to even travel back to Manchester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Ralf said we needed open heart surgery. Instead of doing that we went and ordered several buckets of KFC. Flush the manager. Flush a boatload of players and do what should have been done years and years ago.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:04 PM
Zorg

Who should we get?

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:07 PM
Fat Al

My guess is that he has already been told he is gone in the summer.
And it stands to reason his replacement is currently in a job.
The owners/Glazer enabler want him to stay rather than sack him & then appoint a caretaker manager for the next month or so.

Even in the hugely unlikely event he gets us the FA Cup, he'll be gone.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
We've got one chance this season at winning a trophy. Does anyone think we'll win it under ten hag and then move forward?

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:13 PM
Neo

Football

Martinez - injured
Varane - injured
Shaw - injured
Martial - injured

Mount - just back from injury
Hojlund - just back from injury

Greenwood - Exiled

That's half a team that the manager has been without.

Can't judge a workman unless he has access to his tools.

The sensible decision is to see how he does when his players are back.

Get the injuries sorted, get the key players fully fit, and get Greenwood back. Or lets get Potter or Southgate in.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:19 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Who should we get?
I mean we can't possibly know the answer to that, it's all I can do to bring myself to watch us these days let alone scout European football. But Villa, Spurs and Brighton have proven there are some good, less obvious, people out there who don't need 2 years and the fat part of 400m to make us worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Martinez - injured
Varane - injured
Shaw - injured
Martial - injured

Greenwood - Exiled

They weren't struck by lightning.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Bunker Buster

65 injuries this season

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:34 PM
BigRonManager

Maybe not rotating in an extended World Cup year came home to roost.

Newcastle just beat Spurs 4-0 with half their team out, and they're above us now, and their manager is going to get tinned.

Liverpool won the League cup with their academy.

Sick of the excuses tbh.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
65 injuries this season
Yet he still sends out sides to play as if there are no injuries and then blames the injuries. There's an old dutch saying "Cut your coat according to your cloth."

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Martinez - injured
Varane - injured
Shaw - injured
Martial - injured

Greenwood - Exiled

The sensible decision is to see how he does when his players are back.

Get the injuries sorted, get the key players fully fit, and get Greenwood back. Or lets get Potter or Southgate in.
The thought of either, Southgate or Potter getting the United job would be so depressing as the players would run rings around either of them, as they would are the type of Managers that allow players to treat them as if they we're a mate instead of a boss & that is a very slippery slope to even more embaressment(than we have already witnessed during the last decade or so), on the pitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
The thought of either, Southgate or Potter getting the United job would be so depressing as the players would run rings around either of them, as they would be the type of Managers that allow players to treat them as if they we're a mate instead of a boss & that is a very slippery slope to even more embaressment(than we have already witnessed during the last decade or so), on the pitch!

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:40 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Yet he still sends out sides to play as if there are no injuries and then blames the injuries. There's an old dutch saying "Cut your coat according to your cloth."
Ah, that explains our midfield setup

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:42 PM
History

From the sounds of it and the staff recruitment already, it seems like they don't want a manager but a head coach style set up.

He's a dead man walking imo at this point.

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

It’s tricky to say having not really kicked a ball for about 5 years in truth. Plan to play walley tomorrow and hopefully that will give me the platform to have an opinion on it all. Until then….