United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
It's clear as day.

The inners will happily demand you throw a name in - as if daring you to expose your lack of 'ball knowledge'. It's not about who you can suggest who'll come in and have a Ferguson type legacy, it's about manager coming in and making us a competent team. It's not that big an ask with what we're seeing every £#%&!ing game.
Do competent teams reach cup finals or are they flukes ?

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
It's clear as day.

The inners will happily demand you throw a name in - as if daring you to expose your lack of 'ball knowledge'. It's not about who you can suggest who'll come in and have a Ferguson type legacy, it's about manager coming in and making us a competent team. It's not that big an ask with what we're seeing every £#%&!ing game.
Who would you suggest? lol

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:24 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Stevie Wonder

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It's clear as day.

People don't want a competent team. We were a more than competent team under Mourinho but that wasn't good enough apparently. So then we moved to Ole who made us competent and played some nice football but we binned him off the minute we had a wobble.

This club and it's support demands an outstanding team, unfortunately you can't build one of those in 18 months/2 years which seems to be the deadline for any kind of rebuild in this club's modern history. You get two years to undo pretty much 15 years of complete neglect and mismanagement of the footballing side of the club and if you don't then it's bon voyage, buddy.

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:27 PM
NedKelly

“He has to go!”
“Ok who else would you get in?”
“I dunno! You inners are all the same!”

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:28 PM
shenwen

Argument seems to be if Coventry beat us this weekend and get to a final we should go for mark Robins.

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Argument seems to be if Coventry beat us this weekend and get to a final we should go for mark Robins.

Unread 15-04-2024, 03:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
That could come in and have us playing semi decent football in weeks?

I see your white writing BUT:

De Zerbi
Nagelsmann
Alonso
Ernesto Valverde
Diego Simeone
Carlo Ancelloti
Iraola
Klopp
Arteta
Guardiola
Simone Inzaghi

For starters. Not that I want a specific one of these managers as EtHs long term successor (Simeone apart) - I just think any of these could come in and have us playing better than the shit we see every game. EVERY. GAME.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:08 PM
silv

whats the Brighton manager done? Be serious with your suggestions

Arteta, Klopp and Guardiola ffs

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
whats the Brighton manager done? Be serious with your suggestions

Arteta, Klopp and Guardiola
ffs
Who would come in and have us playing better in weeks?

Would they or wouldn't they?

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Who would come in and have us playing better in weeks?

Would they or wouldn't they?
They wouldn't come in so its a nothing suggestion.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
That could come in and have us playing semi decent football in weeks?

I see your white writing BUT:

De Zerbi
Nagelsmann
Alonso
Ernesto Valverde
Diego Simeone
Carlo Ancelloti
Iraola
Klopp
Arteta
Guardiola
Simone Inzaghi

For starters. Not that I want a specific one of these managers as EtHs long term successor (Simeone apart) - I just think any of these could come in and have us playing better than the shit we see every game. EVERY. GAME.
Well, since we're talking about actually sacking the manager, it makes no sense to include ones who have zero chance of coming.
So that leaves this lot

De Zerbi - Brighton manager who's won nothing. Brighton's last 4 league games LDLD from Fulham, Burnley, Arsenal and Brentford. One goal scored. I like the guy, decent manager. But come on. We're Manchester United.

Nagelsmann - would be ok with this. Although he's 10 years younger than me, which is galling.

Alonso - No chance this year and he'll probably end up replacing Ancelotti next. I'd take him though, nqat. His turnaround at Lederhosen has been brilliant. Don't care he played for the vermin.

Ernesto Valverde - Pretty sure he's an 18th century composer. Avoid.

Diego Simeone - Would take him, can't see him coming to England though. Argentinian record at United patchy at best.

Carlo Ancelotti - He's great, but he's bobbing on a bit. Aren't we building for the future? He should be at home watching Homes Under the Hammer (in Italian obviously).

Iraola - he is the current manager of Bournemouth.

Simone Inzaghi - Would deffo take. But does he speak English? And does he even have any interest in Alderley Edge?

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:24 PM
NedKelly

There is 0% chance of Simeone leaving Atleti. He’s the highest paid manager in the world by some margin, and he’s worshipped there.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Well, since we're talking about actually sacking the manager, it makes no sense to include ones who have zero chance of coming.
So that leaves this lot

De Zerbi - Brighton manager who's won nothing. Brighton's last 4 league games LDLD from Fulham, Burnley, Arsenal and Brentford. One goal scored. I like the guy, decent manager. But come on. We're Manchester United.

Nagelsmann - would be ok with this. Although he's 10 years younger than me, which is galling.

Alonso - No chance this year and he'll probably end up replacing Ancelotti next. I'd take him though, nqat. His turnaround at Lederhosen has been brilliant. Don't care he played for the vermin.

Ernesto Valverde - Pretty sure he's an 18th century composer. Avoid.

Diego Simeone - Would take him, can't see him coming to England though. Argentinian record at United patchy at best.

Carlo Ancelotti - He's great, but he's bobbing on a bit. Aren't we building for the future? He should be at home watching Homes Under the Hammer (in Italian obviously).

Iraola - he is the current manager of Bournemouth.

Simone Inzaghi - Would deffo take. But does he speak English? And does he even have any interest in Alderley Edge?

Yeah, ones I'd actually like to see at United:

Inzaghi
Simeone
Phil Parkinson
Ancelloti
Nagelsmann

Realistic chance of coming:

Nagelsmann
Inzaghi

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:34 PM
jem

ancelotti would be expensive. the glazers would rather cut their own legs off.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:52 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
ancelotti would be expensive. the glazers would rather cut their own legs off.
That would make a terrible situation bader.

Unread 15-04-2024, 04:59 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
That would make a terrible situation bader.
You are a funny focker

Unread 15-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

Get Jose back for the entertaining press conferences.

Unread 15-04-2024, 05:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Surprised no mention of the dark knight. The anti-Christ, the fallen angel, the pandemonium. Ray ‘the fang’ Rearden.

Unread 15-04-2024, 05:48 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
There is 0% chance of Simeone leaving Atleti. He’s the highest paid manager in the world by some margin, and he’s worshipped there.
City's book-cooking, brown-envelope-carrying, Arabian lawyers when they read that line: